Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Yesterday on PBS's show Martha's  Sewing Room,{anyone else besides me watch the sewing/quilting/embellishing block they have on Saturday's?}she had Sue Houseman from America Sews on.

and Sue had one of the new Needlefelting machines.....

And thats the subject.

any of you tried one?

It certainly made short work of the felting embellishments that Sue was demonstrating.

However my question is this,

will it do dimensinal????  will one of the new felting machines do a bear leg or head?

Who has tried it and who has one and what do you expert felters think?

gollyhugsandkindalikingthebarbedneedles

dilu

makafelts Charlotte Des Roches Designs
Adkins, Texas

Hey Dilu,
The needle felting machines are basically for flat embellishing... not dimensional work. I don't have one, but I have studied them, and I know folks who have the machines...they do flat stuff with them.
Hope this helps.

Hugs &

Dilu Posts: 8,574

I kinda figured that, and was hoping I was wrong.was hoping I was wrong.

What a waste....they can't be cheap, but boy are they fast!

thanks Charlotte....I figured you would know!

hugs
dilu

makafelts Charlotte Des Roches Designs
Adkins, Texas

Dilu,
I have seen the attachments you can add to an old sewing machine..but the machine has to have some major changes made to it...up to fancy specialty felting machines...and none are inexpensive. The idea for Needle Felting came from someone seeing the big industrial felting machines with tons of those needles in them, thinking that by taking single needles, they could do sculpting...thats the story as I know it...
Hugs &

Board footer