Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

kaytee576 Norfolk UK

Hi, hope I am asking this in the right place? My mum had a straw filled growler bear when she was young and she loved him so much, but sadly when we moved house he vanished bear_sad we dont know what happened to him whether the removal men lost him or he ran away!! hehe!

So since I have been looking for a growler bear but with no luck, I cant afford much and they go for a lot on ebay bear_sad I wonder do you know if it would be a total nightmare if I tried to make one? can you buy growler boxes?
Or do you know where I can find one needing a home at a good price? my mums bear was from the 50's could never replace him but wanted to get her something like him for her birthday thanks xx

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

All my big bears have growlers (and some of my smaller bears too) ... I love that they can make their presence known when hugged!  So, the answer to your question is, yes, you can certainly make a growling bear .. I buy my tilt mechanism growlers from www.bearbasics. co.uk ... they sell the traditional cardboard type which make nice growls.  I'm not sure where you are from, but I'm sure there will be somewhere close to you that sells them and if not, it's quite straightforward to order from overseas. 

It's easy to insert a growler into a bear's tummy cavity, you quite literally just pop it in whilst stuffing, prior to closing the final seam. 

Hope that helps!  Good luck!

Board footer