Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Kelly Blondheart
Colorado Springs, Colorado

I love magazines.  I really love them.  I think most artists do,  being the visual creatures we are.  My favorite magazine of all time was Victoria.  When it would arrive I would drop whatever I was doing and languish in the pages.  The pictures were always so lush and portrayed the world as I have always wanted it to be.  It was also a great source of inspiration for me. 

I am not sure how many of you remember it.  It folded some years ago after someone got the bright idea to update the format and modernize it, and not for the better.  It was ironic to me that they wanted to modernize an era since past. 

Anyway, recently they have decided to revive the magazine!  I am thrilled!  The first copy is going to hit the newstands on October 30th and I can't wait.  This is definitely going to be my Halloween treat this year!

If you aren't familiar with it you can have a look at www.victoriamag.com

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Oh WOW!  That DOES look like a great mag!  I'll peek for it at the newstand as well.  Thanks for posting that Kelly.

Oh... I followed the link you posted to this.... MMMM.... sounds good!

http://www.victoriamag.com/Pumpkin_Chai … Cremes.php

Kim Basta

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I LOVE Victoria and for a long time had a collection of past issues (which I purged when spring cleaning a year or so back.  Dummy me.)

I witnessed the "modernization" of Victoria and like you, Kelly, thought it odd that they'd try to "modernize" the past.  Huh?

I didn't know the magazine was being reintroduced.  Exciting news!  I'll have to look for it on the newsstands.

Thanks for the headsup!

Kelly Blondheart
Colorado Springs, Colorado

I think I have about 4 1/2 years worth.  I normally don't save many magazines that long, but I loved these so much I went out and bought storage boxes to keep them in.  I have looked at the Christmas issues so many times they are dog eared.  I really hope that the new magazine will be like it once was.  Even if it isn't, I am excited to see it again.  They had a meeting in Texas to discuss it that people could attend and give them imput.  I was invited to it, but I couldn't get away to go.  I really wished I could have.

Speaking of magazines...has anyone else noticed a serious decline of Christmas craft magazines over the past few years?  It's dissapointing.  Here we are into October and only two have hit the stands that I have found so far.  In years past there have been so many more and they normally come in October to give people time to make the things.

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I really hope they keep the business card feature, where they showcased really creative business cards from various merchants.  I loved that!

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

I do remember the magazine and loved it. Thanks for letting us know it's back and with a Christmas issue.

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

I'm thrilled to know Victoria Magazine will once again be published!!  I read about it on someone's blog a few weeks ago.  Victoria was one of my all time favorite magazines.  I was so sad to see it go.  Now I will have to find time to read it like I do ME Home Companion.  It shouldn't be too much of a chore though.....it's such a beautiful magazine!  It just means stretching that glass of wine.  Perhaps I'll just have another!!  Ha!
bear_happy  bear_happy  bear_happy  bear_happy

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Kelly, that's wonderful!  I have kept all of my old Victoria Magazines.  They are still stored, but I can't part with them.   I'm thrilled they are bringing it back as I was heartbroken when it folded.

hugs,

Brenda

Dilu Posts: 8,574

That is great news kelly, thanks for the heads up!

Loved it in the past, maybe a subscription this time.....

gollyhugs
dilu

Lisa q.D.paToOtieS
Near Fredericksburg, VA

Oh, that's great news as I used to subscribe to Victoria.  It was one of my favorite magazines.  Now if they'd only bring back Country Marketplace - that would really make my day!

nandesign Posts: 361

Oh Kelly...I used to just love that magazine. I looked forward to it...especially the Christmas...the pictures were always so dreamy...I still have issues from the '80's.

Hugs, Nancy

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

I LOVE this magazine.  My mom had a subscription from the get go, I still have a ton of them for reference.  One of the first valentine's present I made for my hub was from the magazine...they were decorated heart shaped sugar cookies cookies...I saved and lacquered 3 of them! I still have them in the studio...he ate the rest  bear_laugh

I'm with you on ME Home Companion Aleta!  I adore it and have most going back to '99....I love the artist's workshop.

Thank goodness for Ikea shelving and those cool plastic magazine holders they sell at Staples bear_grin

:hug:
~Chrissi

karenaus Melbourne
Website

Wow what awesome news, thanks Kelly! I was an avid Victoria fan too, I was so disappointed when I found out they weren't printing it anymore- I'm another one with a groaning shelf full of back issues:)  No matter how old they are they are still so lovely and inspiring to look at. I am definitely going to subscribe- bummer it's only coming out every two months tho  bear_happy
   I see its a new publisher- and its going back to it's old style logo/cover.
    I am also a fan of Home Companion- the focus on artists is wonderful and it's great to see where they work (and wish for a gorgeous tidy workspace like they all seem to have hehe)

heartsez Hearts Ease Bears
Fairfax,Vermont

Thanks Kelly for making my day! i adored Victoria and still have all the back issues! it was always a stunning magazine! and the
Christmas issuses were the best! yah! come on Oct 30th!! deb ps nice avatar  very thought provoking!

Board footer