Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

Patty you have been one busy bear maker, I agree this is lots of fun, everyone seems to be a winner.
Lynette

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

These sneaky peeks are such fun ... I can't wait to see the bears on the big day!

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Paula said

These sneaky peeks are such fun ... I can't wait to see the bears on the big day!

Ditto

Everyone's bear look wonderful.

Hugs Jane.   bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

K Pawz Guest

OH WoW!!! Everyone work is gorgeous! this is going to be a great show!

Hugs,
Krista

Kent
Website

This is Bear Number 3 waiting for the UK rain to clear before he has his pic taken properly!

duffypreview.jpg

valewoodbears Valewood Bears
Yorkshire
Website

Looks like its gonna be a fantastic show, can't wait to see all the bears properly.

Pauline

Kent
Website

Peek-a-boo!

bear_grin

HocusPocuspreview.jpg

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I know this is off topic, but Paula, are those real divided-light windows with metal veining in your photos?  Gorgeous!

Oh, and also... the bears in this thread are FANTASTIC little peeks at furry beauty.  I hope you all have a smashing show!

Kent
Website

Er, we call 'em leaded lights over here Shelli ... I live in a modern house, so these are modern equivalents (double glazed units) rather than the traditional cottage windows in which each piece of glass would have been separately installed between the leads.  I like them and think they make the house look cosy in the evenings especially.  Who would have thought my windows would get noticed on here?!!  You guys do make me giggle!!  bear_tongue

Fronthouse.jpg

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

OH, maybe they're more like what we have here than what I first thought.  We call (or at least, I call) the modern, double-pane ones "divided light" windows and the old, toxic, single pane ones "leaded  glass" windows because the single panes were divided by strips of lead.  Not up to today's codes, that!

I've got windows like yours in my house, actually, but the two panes have a WHITE "frame" between them... not a black one.  In fact, I don't think I've ever even SEEN these windows with black.  Maybe it's one of those UK/US things.

I like yours better!  They look more authentic!

The view from your front window is lovely.  So many greens and florals!  I just look out on grumpy Vern and Elise's house, full of shrubs that are too-closely clipped, if you ask me.  Someday I will have a real cottage, like a storybook house, with a wavy shingled roof, and it will be covered in roses.

Yeah, right.  But one can dream!

Kent
Website

I'd like a country cottage one day too Shelli ... with a view out to sea ... now wouldn't that be just perfect?!  Since we moved, I must admit I appreciate my surroundings more, it's lovely that there is so much in the way of more foliage and flowers here to enjoy, rather than the rows of cars which were parked around my old house (which was very close to the town)!  By the way, the leaded strips in the windows are lead as far as I am aware .. they are kinda dark grey in colour. 

Well, I was hoping to be able to get to work on my next show bear today, but I sat at my breakfast table and couldn't get back up again!  Ow!  I think I've trapped a nerve and now I can hardly walk, let alone cut out mohair.  What a pain!  bear_wacko

Gail Bear With Me Enterprises
Website

Caleb1.jpgHere is a sneak peek at one of my bears for the BAO show
Hugs
Gail

puca bears puca bears

Oh boy - this is going to be an amazing show.......... and a very late night/early morning!!!!
huggies
Maria

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Patty your bears have such expresive faces. They look so eager to please bear_wub
and Gail your wee one looks very alert. I bet he's thinking   "get this show on the road already" hehehehehe
Beautiful stunning eyes Paula!
Wendy :dance:

gbrame the piece parade
North Carolina

Hi Everyone,

These are snippets from my BAO piece.  The theme is a fun one and I really enjoyed working on this idea for the show.  I am looking forward to seeing all the new and unique bears when the show opens! 

It's just a mere three weeks away!

Good luck to you all!

~ginger

BAO_snippets.jpg

BootButtonBears BootButtonBears
Adelaide
Website

baopreview.JPGHere are a couple of my little ones for the Winter Online Show.  My blobs are about the best disguise I can manage on the "pooter"!!!

Stellajella Wien

What a great idea! And what wonderful teddies!!!!!
Good luck everybody

Gaby bear_flower

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

bentley-puzzle-Small.jpghere is another entry for me!

Marion

ruth Flutter-By Bears
Staffordshire
Website

Freddie-snippet.jpgI've only got one pic so far , but I just didn't want the BAO'ers to think I wasn't doing nuthin'    :crackup:  :crackup:

Oh yes , I'm a bit pants with the 'puter too so this was all I could manage !  bear_cry

Mini Hugs , Ruth

(He's a 3 incher )

Kent
Website

What great snippets!  It's lovely to see a snatch of all the new bears!  Marion, that jigsaw is clever!

WA

OK here's another from me.
BAOWWButtercupsneakypeak.jpg
New photo of a matilda critter. heheh
Wendy

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

HA HA! I get to see ALL the bears early  bear_rolleyes
They really are fabulous girls, i wish i could buy them all bear_wub
PenPen

Kent
Website

Way hay!  Another one done!!

Bennypreview.jpg

ruth Flutter-By Bears
Staffordshire
Website

Gosh Paula .. those piercing eyes ! I can't wait to see that one !  bear_wub
Ruth

WA

How on earth do you do that Paula?  I'm in my second day trying to make a 6 incher.  bear_grin  bear_grin

Board footer