Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

With less than three weeks until Christmas, I think it's time we decorated Teddy Talk, don't you?  I've had fun creating my Christmas avatar for TT this morning and have just uploaded it for the festive season.  Please join in the fun and share your Christmas avatars here!  :dance:

Christmas2008.jpg

Kelly Blondheart
Colorado Springs, Colorado

I did mine yesterday!

makafelts Charlotte Des Roches Designs
Adkins, Texas

I did mine the other day...it's really a simple one. One of these days I will figure out how to do them.

Hugs &

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Beautiful, Paula!
I'm afraid I just don't have time to do that.... shouldn't be here either! Should be sewing! Just taking a quick mental break! I gave my avatar a little 'holiday'...... best I could do for now.

Less than 3 weeks??? GULP!

AndreaM Drea's Bears
Ontario

Ellen I like both of your avatars but I love the one in the post with the bear peeking out from the corner.  It's like he's poking his head into a picture he wasn't supposed to be in saying "Hey! I wish you a Merry Christmas too!" "Don't forget about me!"  It makes me giggle bear_happy

AndreaM bear_original

P.s. what photo shop are you using?  There are so many kinds out there, I'm thinking of getting one so I can have fun avatars too!  I'd love to out a santa hat on the bear in my avatar now.

Paula: Yours is just beutiful!  What a great bear bear_wub

Hus again,
AndreaM :hug:

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Those look great girls, this is the best I can do, not to good with those photo programs!

DENBY30 DENBY BEARS
EDISON, NEW JERSEY

bear_cry Sorry to say, I do not even know how to do an avatar?  Thats why mine is blank.  I do not even know how to upload photos to the computer.  My granddaughter is going to help me when I get my ornament exchange so I can show you all what one I got and who from.  So I am sad that I can not do a christmas avatar. Boo Hoo!  Makes me feel kind of stupid but no one ever taught me so I am out of the loop.

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Tami, I wish I could do what you do. That's Tobias, isn't it. He's a cutie.

I'm making a New Year's resolution to sit down and learn to do all the really cute things you girls do...but I don't do very good on New Year's resolution usually.

Jane Perala Jane Perala Designs Ltd.
Vancouver Island, B.C., Canada

Great idea Paula - I have done mine.  I'm not clever like all you lot, and can't "put it together" from bits and pieces, but I have chosen a Christmassy picture with one of my favourite bears.

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

What lovely Christmassy avatars!  It's so nice to see them appearing on Teddy Talk.  I don't think you need to have anything too fancy to be festive, as Jane has proven, a Christmassy photograph is every bit as fun and makes us all feel warm and festive!

Pat, good luck with the photographic side of things ... it's pretty straightforward once you've sized your preferred picture to avatar size (185 X 270 pixels) amd saved it on your computer.  If you then click on the 'profile' button on the toolbar at the top of the Teddy Talk page and then click on 'personality', you'll be taken to the relevant page for uploading your avatar picture.  Then it's just a case of clicking 'browse' to find your picture on your computer and then clicking 'upload'.  I'm sure your granddaughter will be able to show you how, when she comes to upload your ornament exchange picture .. in fact, wouldn't that make a good avatar for Christmas?! bear_thumb   I hope that helps!

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

While sick with my bronchitis I felt like doing nothing but found that "playing" with Adobe Photoshop passed some of the time.
I can see that the writing on mine should be boulder but somehow time went by so fast and I had to leave it as I would have been at my PC 24 hours playing and getting frustrated.

Lynette

KiddoBears KiddoBears
California

Pat  I have felt like you alot of times,don't feel bad! and especially don't ever feel stupid, is what I was told in here once by a dear TTer,we are all in some way in the learning process as to do things and at some point at the begining or even not then, I think we all went through the same thing and you will get there very soon. I myself have gone through this and through trial and error I have done things.
I had the same problem,I don't have a perfect avator picture either.When I put up my first avator I chose one of my bears.
I am still the the process of getting my original logo up as an avator,and I will sooner or later. bear_grin
You can put anything you want in your avator,one of your bears,yourself,any picture.
If you have pictures of your bears in your computor or a camera,you download and resize it in one of your programs ,the picture. You save it.
Then you go to your profil in here choose change avator picture click on it,it will take you to a white screen and on the right to it click browse,then it takes you to your hardrive in your computor,go to your picture folder,where your pictures are at and choose one of your bear.
From here it takes you back to forum here you can write what you want to in the white box or just  click submit and you will see your flag picture changed to a bear  avator picture.
Hope this helps and I didn't confuse you.  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:
I am sure you will learn more with your grandaughter,they are patient because they love us and like doing things in the computor. :hug:  :hug:

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

They are all lovely, well done

bearkidz bearkidz by Marion Fraile
charlotte
Website

Just changed mine!

Melbear Melbear's Quality Collectibles
Spruce Grove, Alberta
Website

Thanks Paula! That got me motivated to try a new program and actually do something.. lol. Mind you I'm at work and probably shouldn't be making teddy bear avatars.. heehee. But still. I have not worked on anything in such a long time. Anway, here is my pathetic little attempt bear_original
christmas2.jpg

Nancy D Dog Patch Critters
Titusville, FL
Website

lexiavatar.jpgThis year the star of my Christmas avatar is Lexi, my wirehaired Dachshund. I used the graphic to have gift cards made at Walmart too. My nieces & nephews love the doggie gift cards.
I use a scrapbook program and printshop to do a lot of my graphics.

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

avatar.jpgNothing fancy, but it's done.

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

I love them!  Here's mine:
lauralynn-xmas.jpg

Like most of the rest of us, I really should be sewing.  But I just couldn't resist!

I had trouble getting the new avatar to show up, but I checked out the Tech Help section and figured it out  bear_whistle

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

I've got some serious shopping, sewing and baking to do (how many days do I have....???  bear_grin ), but I wanted to be merry and festive with everyone :dance:
Just took a quick picture of 2 of my boys with their favorite sweets  bear_original

Merry Christmas!!
:hug:
~Chrissi

BFB-Lyn Brimbin Forest Bears
NSW, Australia
Website

bear_thumb Good thinking Paula - I'm not very good at trying to come up with a new one and hubby is too busy at the moment to help me so I've just going to use last years one  bear_original

Hugs Lyn  bear_flower

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

What fun.  I just made mine and love all the ones the rest of you have made. Each one is so unique !

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

Oh These are all so nice! Color me green with envy over your computer expertise! bear_grin
I keep saying I am going to take the time to really learn photoshop, but you have to have time to play. I did add some text to Jingles' photo though. It was hard to let go of my panda avitar even for a while. It was not only one of my favorite bears but one of my favorite bear photos with the dark greeen leaves surrounding him.

bearlysane Melbourne, Australia

Just added mine ... best I could do at short notice!
Gotta go finish some more Christmas shopping now.  bear_wub

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

Great idea! I've done a quick one - all I have time for (and all I know how to do!  :redface: )

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Everybody's avatar is wonderful!  We have a very festive look now.

Board footer