Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

BootButtonBears BootButtonBears
Adelaide
Website

stable50501.jpgHi everyone,
I just had to share a picture of this wonderful Nativity Scene my 10 year old has just finished making at school.  I just love the way all of them are smiling!!!  This is sure to become a family heirloom as I just adore it and the wonderful innocence in this scene.  Does anyone else want to share their childrens gorgeous creations.

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

that is so cute.

nimbleknot Cupcake Bears
Austin, Texas
Website

Holy COW! That is awesome. I would love it if my child made something like that at school. My daughter (10 years old) has made several pottery items that I have hung on the wall. I love them so much. Art is really dying in the schools here in the US, which is so incredibly sad.

ruth Flutter-By Bears
Staffordshire
Website

How wonderful Christine ! You can see just how much care and attention has gone in to it ;
definitely a family treasure  bear_smile  I can imagine how proud you felt !  bear_flower
Mini Hugs , Ruth

pma2003 Seamore Collectibles
CT

How adorable!!!!

Kelly Blondheart
Colorado Springs, Colorado

That's so cute!  I wish I could have had little ones to make thing.

katiescraftworks katiescraftworks

That's beautiful, Christine. It surely is something that can be kept and admired for years to come.

None of my children ever did anything like that at school. I wish they had. My youngest son (he will be 13 in a couple of weeks) is in his last year at primary school (grade 6) and to my  knowledge they have made nothing Christmas like...............

bear hugs, Cathie

Swan Valley Bears Swan Valley Bears
Penn Valley, CA

Christine, what a treasure.  I'm sure this nativity will be displayed every Christmas forever.  Beautiful ! ! !

Alas, my little ones are 28 and 23.  I look forward to their little ones producing such wonderful art.  (First little one is due in a couple weeks ! ! !) 

Just curious, does your son go to a private school?  The  public schools here wouldn't let teachers have a project like this.  It would have to be in a private Christian school.

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

That is lovely Christine ..

BootButtonBears BootButtonBears
Adelaide
Website

Thanks so much for your lovely comments girls, things like this that your children make are like a Da Vinci masterpiece to you.  I know I shall be dragging this out to put on Christmas display in 20 years time to my daughters total embarrassment!!!   

Yes Patty, she does go to a private girls school, and it does have a Christian influence.  Thankfully they celebrate Christmas and all its traditions, which I think is lovely.  They put on Christmas plays and sing all the carols for the parents and grandparents.  They are also doing a Kris Kringle this year, where they pull another girls name out the hat, and everyday up until school breaks up, they are asked to do a secret kind gesture for the girl they have picked.  Little touches like that are just wonderful and teach the girls so much.

Melbear Melbear's Quality Collectibles
Spruce Grove, Alberta
Website

That is so adorable! heehee.. Now that is something to treasure bear_original . I remember when I was in grade 2 we made a nativity scene in clay.. We had a fantastic artsy teacher who gave us loads of cool (but a bit over our heads) projects. Sadly they all got broken over the years. I think I still have the glued together baby somewhere..  bear_grin  bear_grin

Bear Hugs!
Melanie

Board footer