Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Pages:
Koala Adorable Bears
Shepparton/Victoria

Hi Denise, I will be interested to hear any follow up you may get on this. i don't understand why ebay would have a problem with that wording,
Best luck,
Susan
www.adorablebears.com.au

Densteds Densteds
Website
Densteds wrote:

This is ebay's email:-

Hello Denise,

My name is Anthony. Please allow me the opportunity to help you in this
matter.

I have reviewed your items and it appears the item in question was
removed by mistake. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience
that may have been caused.

All related fees were credited for the original listing, and you will
need to relist the item for it to show up in the search results and
receive new bids. We have also left a note on your file indicating that
the error was ours.

Again, we apologise for any inconvenience and appreciate you taking the
time to work with us on this issue. We look forward to a long and
successful relationship with you.

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards,

Anthony Shorthall
eBay Customer Support

Hi Susan,
Obviously ebay don't want to admit to anything, and short of saying "someone dobbed you in for the wording" they just say oops!! there's been a mistake..I think someone has put me in, the little ebay boys & girls don't even investigate it, they push the "remove this auction" button and voila!!! you're gone...
I was credited my fees, big deal!! but by relisting the bear under these circumstances it could make alarm bells ring for potential buyers. If you're reported by someone, ebay should at least send a warning, and give you a chance to change the wording...not that there was anything wrong with it, or I didn't think there was...anyway I've had the strike against me removed from my file and they've admitted fault, I was surprised I even heard back from them...

Thanks Dilu, you're a good cheerer upperer!!! hey!! worst things can happen, I guess everyone has had at least one bad experience on ebay...but there's been plenty of good ones too, so I'm just going to get on with it, and I've just about finished another little bear..so hopefully I won't have any problems with her listing. Big hugs for your thoughts & support.

Gina, wow!! I think all those button pushers at ebay have had frontal lobotomies..hope everything gets sorted for you, it's just nuts...I think they've dug a hole and can't get out, no one's going to admit that the original warning was probably a mistake...so they're all passing the buck..
goodluck and big hugs :hug: :hug:
yeah!! sure is cheaper than the mags..

hugs,
Denise.

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

BLOOMIN HELL!!!!!!!!!

Are they stupid or what?

Gosh, I just can't believe it, I wish we could say "up them"  and use somewhere else, but we can't.

Grrooooowwwwlllll
Danni

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Oh Dear!  Denise,
As SueAnn said - To little - too late.
They should notify all the people that were interested in your Bear - and give them, the same letter.
I really wish you the best of luck and hope that your Bear fetches a high price.

Hugs
Carolyn

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Oh geezzz Denise.....what more can I say... bear_angry :twisted:
Feel better  bear_flower bear_smile

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Awww Denise!  I'm so sorry!

I say go ahead and relist him... and put something like this at the top of the description...

"Here again is XXX Bear, up again for auction.

I apologize to all you who were watching or bidding on him the last time - his auction was cancelled by accident."

I know when Shelli had an auction canceled on her (due to accidently putting her website in the listing.. via the graphic) that when she relisted the bear, she put something like that in the new listing (but mentioned she accidently put her website in the listing which is why it was pulled)

Densteds Densteds
Website

Carolyn & Sarah, thanks so much for your best wishes and support.

Mandie...I know what you mean..I've paid so much in fees it's ridiculous, but at this time it's my only way of selling the bears. I also receive a lot of spam ebay & paypal mail....but unfortunately with both Gina & myself they were the real thing bear_angry bear_angry
At least my problem has been sorted, poor Gina's is still ongoing!

Funny you mentioned about the weapons being sold, that's a bit of sore point with me at the moment, I've even reported these auctions to our local member of parliament, who didn't seem particularly interested, just emailed and quoted a lot of blah blah blah!!! typical politician talk!!!!  so I wrote to a couple of current affair programs stating my concern and didn't even receive a reply from them...obviously it wasn't interesting enough to do a story on..so I've given up!!!

Laura, I've already gone ahead and relisted the bear, I put a little note at the top of the description stating that Henry had been relisted due to an error in the original listing, please accept my apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused....not much more I could do, just got my fingers crossed he'll sell..

Thanks ladies
big  :hug: :hug:
Denise.

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I agree with mandie, ebay fees are outrageous and i wish that one of the bear sites would have an auction forum - not sure how much work goes into something like that.... If I was selling my bears for $500 a pop it wouldnt be a big deal.  The auctions with borders get ripped too! I never realized how much it was for that!

minkbears Vintage Mink Bears by Kathy Myers
Lakewood CA
Website

Well, I have not logged into Teddy Talk for a couple of weeks because I was busy listing my first auction on eBay...and making lots of mistakes! I've learned a lot from reading this discussion. But I did learn something from my early mistakes that I can share: eBay does give you a prior warning...apparently they have keywords that they search for. I had also mentioned that I intended to donate part of my sale to charity. Well,right after I launched my auction I saw some mistakes so I went in to edit it and right at the bottom of my edit page was a big "warning" sign that said that there may be a problem with my mention of a donation. So I went into the HTML and deleted any mention of an "charity" or "donation" and the Warning sign also disappeared.

So from now on I plan on always checking my "edit" page after I launch to make sure that I have not mentioned any "eBay policy breaking keywords".

I said for years that I would Never put my bears on eBay... well, the world has changed. There aren't any TB shows anymore. I agree with Gina and I'm treating my eBay experience as Advertising and if I sell a bear then that's a bonus.
Kathy

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Here's an off the wall thought-perhaps, like Daphne said in another post, I shouldn't be typing and thinking at the same time....BUT

WE DO HAVE AN ALTERNATIVE SALE SITE RIGHT HERE

Ok that being said perhaps we need to figure out a way to draw the collectors in to the Intercal site.

Any Ideas? Hmmmm?

Also there is Bear Paths and Bear Pile and Nancy Tillberg's site has an artist bear site where you can sell your critters .  BearPaths sold a large golly for me and the fee was only 10%-nothing if you don't sell, Nancy's site is free

So, to review

Intercal      http://www.intercaltg.com/index.html guess I didn't need to add this one  :dance:
Bearpaths   http://www.bearpaths.com/
Bear Pile     http://www.bearpile.com/
Kranbearys  http://www.northcountryteddybears.com/

And maybe we need to think about ways to improve traffic to the resource we have right here?

:hug:

Dilu

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

That would be neat if Quy could figure out a way to do auctions right here!  bear_laugh

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

I just won an ebay auction for .01 cent.  The shipping is $12.99 and I know it will not cost this much for the shipping.  I bought 100 bracelet glow light sticks for  charity dance my Hubby and I are organizing this month for Katrina victims.
It is always buyer beware.  Ihope ebay will eventually put a stop to unfair trade practices.

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

WOW! they need to crack down on suff like that!

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Yeah, Ebay. Love hate with that one.
I've always wondered why some items will be soo cheap, with crazy shipping charges. Now I know it's bec. the seller is avioding ebay fees. Too bad though, you sure have to be carefull to check the shipping costs BEFORE you bid.
Do a search on 'light tents'. You can get some for $o.o1. But shipping is lots. I still think it may be a good deal though. I only charge what it costs me, postage and supplies to ship an item. I figure that if the shipping is too high, I won't get bids. I know I won't pay crazy shipping charges unless it's still a great deal.

Judi, I almost bought those bracelets too. Good deal, but I didn't get any.

Heather

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Ooh I wish eBay would always give you prior warning, before tearing your auction off!!!
LOL

Would be much better if they did!

Danni

Pages:

Board footer