Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

It's been a looonnnngggg time since I last posted here, but I have been lurking for a little while again and drooling over the lovely bears in the gallery  bear_smile

Some of you might remember that I eventually packed my bear-making supplies away over a year ago and put my needles down due to ongoing sinus infections and a seriously broken finger nail (remember that?!). Well, the finger healed just fine (hurrah!) but the sinus still gives me problems. So I've figured that if I can't beat the sinus I'll just carry on making bears anyway! Yes, I've been getting those creative urges again, and am going to stick to the mini's since I'm less sensitive to the fur. They are my preference anyway  bear_wub

So I'd like to send a big bear hug to all those who remember me (hope everyone is well!). And a big bear hug to those who don't as well!  :hug:

Helena x

bearlykidzbears Bearly Kidz Bears
Lodi, Ca.

welcome back I look forward to seeing your bears.. And here's a hug :hug:  :hug:  :hug:
Denise

katiecountrymouse1 KatieCountryBears
Bolton-le-sands, Carnforth
Website

Hi Helena,
I've seen your bears on ebay, but I did wonder why we hadn't seen any for a long time. Look forward to seeing your bears. :clap:  :clap:
All the best for 2008. bear_thumb
Love Kayx.

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Hi Helena it is good to hear your finger healed and that you are back making the bears. Welcome back by the way and a Happy New Year to you :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

Aww, thankyou.....I do love this forum and wonder how I ever stayed away so long....

I'm in the process of finishing a bear today - will post photos later if I get chance. I'm developing a callus on my sewing finger again. Makes me feel like a proper bear maker! LOL

bear_flower

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

Hello! If its any help I've been gone for a year too and am starting tomorrow. I bet it feels weird and like you've never been away, all at the same time. Good luck!

ruth Flutter-By Bears
Staffordshire
Website

Hi Helena , I loved looking through your little bears !  bear_wub  I see you're not a million miles away from me
geographically speaking ! Welcome back again - I'm fairly new here  bear_grin
Mini Hugs , Ruth  (p.s , yes what did happen to Dave Sylvian ? Talking Drum etc *sighs* )  bear_flower  bear_flower

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

Hi Amanda, are you back to selling bears? Can't wait to see them! I finished two little ones this week and REALLY enjoyed it. Now I have to wait from some fur to arrive - eek, and I'm chomping at the bit to make another! Lovely to talk to you again.

Ruth, you noticed my liking for David Sylvian. I still have a 'thing' about him, much to my husband's concern! Sylvian made some odd instrumental stuff for a while (way too art-y for me, hehe) but then Japan reformed under the name Rain Tree Crow and Sylvian & Janson made an album called Snow Borne Sorrow. Can recommend them both  bear_happy

Lisa q.D.paToOtieS
Near Fredericksburg, VA

Welcome back!  As a fellow sinus sufferer, I feel your pain.  Thank God for the invention of Mucinex D which I take once a week to drain or I'd never survive.  Good luck with yours and I can't wait to see your new bears!

Hugs,
Lisa

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Welcome back Helena,

honestly, i do believe we atre govem physical ailments so as to appreciate our creative time all the more.

Glad you made the "right" decision, you might as well make bears and have some fun in life, right?

Hope your sinuses feel better soon

gollyhugs
dilu

baggaley bears Baggaley Bears
UK ( nottinghamshire )
Website

Welcome back Helena, its so nice to see you back making your adorable bears  bear_wub

Hugs  :hug:
Vicki

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Big welcome back, Helena . . . really glad to see you here again!  I'm very pleased you didn't give up your art permanently and am looking forward to seeing your new bears.  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

So glad you are back! I've missed you!
I'm sorry your sinus troubles haven't cleared.... I know how miserable and annoying they are! But I'm glad it seems they aren't caused by making bears!
Can't wait to see some new creations!!!
Welcome Back!
:hug:  :hug:

valewoodbears Valewood Bears
Yorkshire
Website

Hello Helena, nice to meet you, think you must have been away when I joined here, its not quite a year since I joined.  Look forward to seeing some of your creations.

Warm wishes
Pauline

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

*waves to everyone*  :hug:

Yes, sinus problems are a nuisance but looks like they are a fact of life for me now (along with failing eyesight, wrinkles, sore back....haha!). So as Dilu says, I may as well have some fun! Daphne, I'm glad it's not caused by bears too  bear_grin

Laurie Laurie Lou Bears
Norfolk

Welcome back Helena bear_flower
I love your little bears bear_wub
Laurie :hug:

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Hi Helena,
     Glad you managed to find your way back.  I don't have as much time for TTalk as I used to, but I certainly still need my daily dose.   Keep making those bears!

hugs,

Brenda

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

I once had to have my tear ducts opened as they "continually wept" I am sure this is something to do with all the mohair that floats around when we working on our bears.

Welcome back.

Lynette

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Hey there Helena  bear_flower so glad to see you back, missed your little cute bears  bear_innocent   Sorry you're still not feeling the best, but I think the bears will make you feel better anyway  bear_wub

RaggyRat The RaggyRat Company
Weymouth
Website

welcome back helena
i dont remember you since i havent been here a year yet - well i dont tihnk so
i was invited by wendy matilda and i procrastinated for ages ....

hello from a fellow brit ... origially a northerner too
cat xxxx

clare14 Country Bears
England

Hellllooooooo Helena!!!   :hug:  :hug:

It's lovely to hear from you hun!!!  Ooooh I'm another sinus sufferer, I KNOW YOUR PAIN!!!!   bear_shocked  bear_shocked     :twisted:   I live on vicks, I'm surprised my nose is still on my face sometimes!!  Anyhows, glad you've returned, can't wait to catch up!!   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

Thanks everyone  :hug:  You've all made me feel very humbled, not to mention bad for staying away so long!!!

As for the sinuses, it seems it's a common problem and at least we have each other to lean on! Clare, I use Vicks too but I'm always losing them (the stick-thingies) and usually find them again stuck down the back of a chair or in a cupboard. I'm amassing quite a collection of them at the moment.....  bear_tongue

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Welcome back Helena  bear_flower
Good to see you back again and we look forward to seeing more of your adorable bears.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

Board footer