Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Hey guys,. THink I may have found the 'perfect' business name for my bears. Problem is the .com in unavailable.
Do you think I would be better to pick a different name?? They do have _.org. Should I take that?? Or is it too confusing.
I did try and go to the .com site, but there is nothing there.
Please, what do you guys think. Would you get confused with a .org. Or does it even matter, as most people bookmark stuff anyway.

Okay, thanks

Heather

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Honey.....what's the name?  And did they have .net?

We need to know the name to see how it sounds and reads and works in our peabrain memories.....

bear_tongue

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

.net is one you could consider.....

yes, what is the name.... inquiring minds....... bear_laugh

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

LOL nosey buggers aren't we?

:P

I want to know to.

Heather, have you tried .ca?   Just an idea!

Danni

Mo Beary Mo Bear Designs
Redcliff, Alberta, Canada
Website

I would try .ca as well. 

Yes do tell us the name!

Jane

Gollygeewhizzikins honey What's this perfect name....yep we are nosey little things!  Where is our Miss Heather?

and .ca would be an option for her wouldn't it?

Heather I am not sure it matters what comes after the .  as long as the name really fits and is fun and cute and all that....

Dilu

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

DUH!!! Never though of using .ca. And guess what?? It's available.
Now I just need to make sure my "perfect name" isn't lame. LOL :doh:

I was asking my family at thanksgiving dinner for their input on a name. I was telling them how I make them to last forever. You guys know what I mean right?? Well, my sister in law blurted out this name

Foreverbears

You like it?? Or is it something only a bearmaker would understand??

I like like my Mystic wing creations, but I just don't have that "feeling" about it.

I could also branch out right?? forever felting
forever clay
etc.

Oh, and I  like you guys nosey. Makes me feel special.  :angel:

Heather

Awwww  :hug:

Forever Bears all ready has the potential buyer in the right frame of mind.....love it

Dilu

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

GREAT, Heather!  Is the name "Furever Bears" taken?

Just Us Bears Just Us Bears
Australia

Sue Ann's idea is a great one! I do know that .ca and .uk and .au  are all quite a lot more expensive than .coms, so if you are able to get one like that it's definitely better. Something else to consider, is if someone else already has the .com...do you want your bears confused with someone else's? 
I know you said that doing a search bought up nothing, but they may be in the process of building a site. Also, I know there are people out there who buy up .coms with every name they can think of, thinking they will be able to make a profit selling it to one who really wants it. They don't actually do anything with them except sit and wait. Don't know how you find out what the status is with the name though I think my hubby knows how...will ask him tonight.
Another name that may be worth considering is Foreverteds.

Densteds Densteds
Website

Hi Heather,
love your choice of names..such a pity it's not available as .com but Sue Ann's suggestion of Furever Bears might be worth thinking about, it's a good play on words. I just did a google search and nothing came up...so the name might be available..maybe even furbearsforever.com ???

hugs,
Denise.

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

I love the name.  Not sure about Furever bears - sounds like you'll be making fur bears.... all the time.. something to think about!

Good luck with it all Heather - how exciting!

Danni

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

forever_bears.com?
Or 4everbears.com?

I love the name by the way...but when I googled it I got a lot of links to a teddy calendar....maybe that is who the domain name is registered to?

Googling '4ever bears' brings up very little. A few more ideas (just to confuse ya!): 'Eternally Bears', 'Timeless Bears', 'Evermore Bears'...

Board footer