Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Dilu Posts: 8,574

I do not remember who, where or why but someone brought up
"Sassy Smokey" long pile mini bear fabric.

Thank you.

I Googled (it is now a verb correct?) Sassy Smokey and found her web site and luscious,tempting, and down right gottahave mini fabrics.  Wow. 

No I haven't purchased any, yet, the business bank is broke and the Hubster said "don't you dare- we have property taxes coming due"

So I can only sigh, (sigh,) and go back frequently to visit, and sell something.....hmmmm   :doh:

So to whomever was discussing this  :hug: :hug:

Dilu  bear_tongue

I also learned that Smokey is a type of fabric she has and not her last name  :lol:

bear_tongue

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I think it was Kim

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

I've ordered several times from Sassy. Her Sassy Long Pile is really nice for minis. The nice thing about ordering from her is that she includes a sample piece of another fabric with her orders. If you make minis the sample piece is useful!
I especially like her vintage rayon - very very nice to work with.   :clap:

Marion

Now that's pretty smart marketing-  This lady knows what we are addicted to!  bear_grin :dance: bear_grin  :dance:  bear_grin  :dance:

bear_tongue

Just Us Bears Just Us Bears
Australia

It was Rikki Dilu...she made that adorable little mousie and bunny from it.

That's Right!  Thanks Hayley!...and please dont chop off your finger ofr a ring.....make a femo replica...of the ring finger dear....not the other one.....

RIKKI!

Thanks for the site- I did see stuff that looked like it would be great.....

Not that  I'm not totally loyal to Intercal.....but a little spice to the collection-

Dilu

Just Us Bears Just Us Bears
Australia

A Fimo finger??? The mind boggles! Hmm...come to think of it, I could made a whole hand...I'm always saying I could use an extra.Hmmm. bear_laugh

rikkisbears NSW Australia

Thank you Hayley ( haahaa)

Hi Dilu,
the smokey longpile is a bit pricey compared to some of the uphostery type mini fabrics, I managed to make the mouse & the bunny from one piece and I think I've still got enough left 2 make another couple of critters from the same piece. They're fairly small though.   I was half tempted to get  a 1/4 yard to save on shipping charges to Australia. Buying one small piece costs nearly as much for postage as for the piece itself.
Maybe you can talk hubby round. I usually try & wait for the right moment or I sell something and then he doesn't complain.  ( I figure what's mine is mine, what's his is mine too haahaa, hope he doesn't read this) 

Just Us Bears wrote:

It was Rikki Dilu...she made that adorable little mousie and bunny from it.

clare14 Country Bears
England

Helena makes lovely bears in this fabric too, I've been meaning to order some FOREVER!! 

Must get round to that.......  :doh:

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_laugh Me too, but I've got to sell something before I buy any more. I don't know what made me promise Hubs such a dumb thing  :doh: , but I did. Dang.

Eileen

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

Aww, thankyou Clare! The money's in post...  bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin

Sassybear's longpile is wonderful to work with, and gives another dimension to little bears because of the dark backing. I like to trim the muzzles to reveal that backing...  :thumbsup:.

I figure what's mine is mine, what's his is mine too haahaa, hope he doesn't read this)

Yep I sorta do the same thing here.....However he is very esy going.....

Dilu

PS  I have a business account in a totally different bank and it is hooked into paypal.  When it gets a little low I transfer money over from the joint account-  now I know it doesn't make any sense- but somehow that doesn't seem as bad as using the debit card on line....go figure!  :rolleyes:

bear_tongue

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

Dilu - I've just been drooling over her site too...my bunny is made from the non smokey long pile that she sells and Ginger kisses is made from her long pile imported synthetic.  Got to sell one more bear and then I can order some ...can't wait I have too many plans and not nearly enough time but YAY the weekend is finally here!

Board footer