Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

clare14 Country Bears
England

I was having a look around your websites, and think it's nice to have a picture of YOU, the artist, on them.   I don't, am thinking about it though, will have to enrol Judi for some airbrushing, but yeah, thinking about it....... bear_grin

I think it's funny that people don't look a BIT like the picture in your mind, but it is lovely to put faces to names!!

bear_smile  <--  that's what I look like  bear_grin

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Mine is on mine - I need to get a better one taken though...

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Yup, mine is on mine also.  I did have an older one of me with pumpkins that I like... but it was a few pounds ago  :rolleyes:.... so I had my daughter take a new one with me holding one of my bears.

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

LOL NOpe, Mine's not on mine..

What can I say?  I'm very shy  :redface:

LOL HAHAHA

Danni

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

I really like the idea of knowing what people look like.  I think collectors like that too.  I do have a photo of me on my about the artist page on my website.

There is a thread ...way back....in this forum full of photos of what we all look like.  Maybe we should retrieve that thread again. bear_smile

Deb Upstate New York

Oh my Gawd, NO.  Don't have a website, but am 100% sure there wouldn't be a picture of me on it.  I hate the camera.  (And it ain't any too fond of me.)

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA
clare14 wrote:

I think it's funny that people don't look a BIT like the picture in your mind, but it is lovely to put faces to names!!

Clare, I agree!  :lol:

Danni, time to quit being shy!  ;)

Laura Lynn, I guess I haven't visited your site in a bit  :redface:..... It's GREAT! I love it! Love the new picture too!  :thumbsup:

Judi, Good idea to dig the topic up again. There are a lot of new folks since then!

Twisted Whiskers Singapore

Not on mine....  If I put a photo, probably will put a old photo when I was younger... Slimmer.... Prettier...
There was a internet scare some years back, where people would download photos and put the head on nude pictures and post up in scandalous websites  ... Didn't want that happening to me, so have not put photos.   
My friend got around it by only putting half her face... somewhat artistic looking.  She's a oil canvas contemporary artist by hobby.

bearlyart Canna Bear Paint
NY

No photos of me on my site, I'd hate to scare off the collectors  bear_laugh  Nah, I'm just with Danni and Deb on this one, I am too camera shy.  That's why I'm always the photographer... if you take the photos, you don't have to be in them!  I was working on an almost perfect 10-year record of avoiding being photographed when Mindy Kinsey caught up with me at TBAI this year.  Oh, how I suffer for my art. 

Kelly

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

no photo of me...but everyone keeps asking...I know I should but I HATE photos.  There is/was a photo of me on Hayley's site though...how mortifying!  :redface:

Kirsten So. Cal.
Website

I have a silly photo of me. My students love to check out my bear site and love the pic, totally what they see daily in the classroom!! My Mom doesn't like it!  bear_laugh Oh well, too bad! I'll post it in the other thread..

Just Us Bears Just Us Bears
Australia

Melissa. I hope I didn't do the wrong thing in posting your picture amongst the bear pics from the last show...I guess I should have checked with you first...but I did think I asked when I took the pics. Would you prefer that I remove them? I would be mortified if I upset anyone by posting their pics when they would prefer I didn't! :redface:
I don't particularly like being photographed either, but I do think it's a good idea to put a photo of yourself on your websites....just so people can put a face to the artwork!

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

No....I'm not offended!!!   You didn't do anything wrong and yes Im sure you asked us....I'm just allergic to photos!!
I know I should have one on my site...one day!

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

Wow Kim : you are adorable !  bear_original

My father made me go with my bears when he was taking pictures of them this summer... I had no choice not to put one of those on my website. I think it is easier when bears are on the picture too bear_original.

As a collector, I find quite frustrating not to know whose bear I'm  adopting... Seeing the face of the person makes the transaction more personal and warmer, I think...:)

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Nup, way too ugly for that.  bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin   Matilda  :dance:

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA
Judi wrote:

There is a thread ...way back....in this forum full of photos of what we all look like.  Maybe we should retrieve that thread again. :teddybear:

NOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! bear_grin bear_grin

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto
Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin bear_grin

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Daphne wrote:

Laura Lynn, I guess I haven't visited your site in a bit  :redface:..... It's GREAT! I love it! Love the new picture too!  :thumbsup:

Awww thanks Daphne!!!!

clare14 Country Bears
England

Awwww Matilda, be a devil..........

Like I'm so daring!!!!!  bear_grin bear_grin

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

yeah I believe your photo should be on your website. Come on shy girls.

I am shy too, not very photogenic either, its amazing some people just photo well all the time.

ellen ontario, canada

Marion, that's a great picture of you & your bears!  c'est fantastique!  oh, nice website too!
bear_original

heartsez Hearts Ease Bears
Fairfax,Vermont

i put a photo on mine after i updated this week..but its my wedding picture .. several pounds ago!!  my dh is the photogenic one..he looks terrific on film always smiling! [INVALID]  blue eyes!! me i look tired overweight  and smiling like that just makes it worse,,,i hated my pictures when i was young and cute!  hayley nice website and jazzy rags too! will somebody please critique mine?! i just re did it!!  deb

bearlyart Canna Bear Paint
NY
rufnut wrote:

yeah I believe your photo should be on your website. Come on shy girls.

My philosophy with getting my picture taken is usually "catch me if you can".  Needless to say, there are a lot of photos of me as a child darting around a corner, with just one foot visible and hair flying  :D

Cheers,
Kelly

Just Us Bears Just Us Bears
Australia

Deb, I like the changes you have made to the site.I think the purple looks really nice. Would like to have an option to see a larger pic of the bears for sale though!
Also... in your wedding picture you may be a few pounds lighter...but you admit it's ten years old too...so c'mon, get a more recent pic up...and a closer one at that. I personally like to see who I'm buying from! bear_tongue

Board footer