Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

ciderantiques Ciderantiques and Old Soul Bears
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

That's gorgeous Aleta !  My dream studio would be your's too.   

I bought a dream cabinet recently.  I won it at a local antique auction and thought . . . .Boy! I can use all those shelves !  Good for displaying my larger bears and dolls too.

My crafty room has to double as a guest bedroom, so I need to try and keep things organized.  I still like a few days notice before people come to visit  bear_original .  The rest of the room is not so neat.

cabinet5.jpg

cabinet3.jpg

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

I really love my studio.  It's a corner bedroom of our home that has a northwestern exposure.  There's only a couple of things I'd do to make it my "dream studio" and one's pretty expensive. 

1)  BIGGER windows!!!  I have great light... but I'd love more!

2)  Move our shared computer desk to another "office" so that the studio is "all mine" bear_happy 

With that big wall opened up then, I'd have bookshelves built in for all my teddy books and magazines -- and of course for displaying bears!

I may even get more work done without the computer in the studio... bear_whistle

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

Dang, Aleta!!!! That is so awesome!!! An absolute dream studio for sure!! I can picture it decked out in true Aleta style and I don't thnk I would ever leave either!

Stellajella Wien

Claire , I´m with you: Aleta´s. ANd now that I saw she has a new work space I´m curious.
Hmmmm, mabye she could mail me the old one? :crackup:

Gaby

clare14 Country Bears
England
Stellajella wrote:

Claire , I´m with you: Aleta´s. ANd now that I saw she has a new work space I´m curious.
Hmmmm, mabye she could mail me the old one? :crackup:

Gaby

Oooh yes Gaby, and I can't wait to see her new one all done, it's bigger than my whole house!!   bear_laugh  bear_laugh

kim "a bear by kim"
merseyside

man, and child free zone!

toadbriar ToadBriar
western massachusetts

What a timely topic!

A special publication from Cloth Paper Scissors magazine is coming out this spring. I've pre-ordered it, it's all about studios and workspaces. Here: http://www.clothpaperscissors.com/shop/ … azine.html I will finally get to create a studio space in the new house, so I am excited to plan  bear_original

Will not have a FIREPLACE though, Aleta you lucky duck!

Swan Valley Bears Swan Valley Bears
Penn Valley, CA

Hurray ! ! !  I finally got my dream studio.  I can exercise when the spirit moves me and there's room to set up my cutting table too.  Here are pictures:

Far end:
bonus_room_1aa_Medium.jpg
Right side:
bonus_room_2a_Medium.jpg
Left side:
bonus_room_3a_Medium.jpg
Entrance:
bonus_room_4a_Medium.jpg
View from my window:
bonus_room_5a_Medium.jpg

Barling Bears Barling Bears
Nr. Maidstone, Kent
Website

Wow Patty!! I am SO jealous!!!!!!!!  You could hold a party in there!  And the view from your window is spectacular.  What a wonderful way to get so much inspiration, and plenty of room to think and ponder in!!!

I'm now looking around my work room ....   mmmmmmmm  .....  think I will just turn the light out and try and ignore it!!!!!!!

Enjoy your wonderful new room!

Hugs

Marilyn bear_flower

danceswithteddybears Dances With Teddy Bears
Pacific Northwest

Wow! 
I just read through ALL the responses to the dream studio question.  They are wonderful!  What you have and what you dream of having.  We all seem to dream similar dreams...
And, as I am just now re-entering the world of teddy, this was much on my mind. 
I looked all over my tiny house (which didn't take very long) to find a studio hide-out.  I finally decided on an attic room, which up to now was a catch-all.  I cleared the clutter and claimed my space.  Not large at all, and if I were any taller (and I'm only 5 foot-2) I'd be hitting my head on the low curved ceiling... ah but it's mine!  I hung a bit of curtain (no doors up there) and settled in. 
I'd love more room to sprawl in, and a view.  Hopes and dreams, which are wonderful things.  Right now mine is to make a bear that resembles, well, a bear.
Give me a small space to call my own, and I'm happy.   bear_original
Laura

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Patty what a wonderful studio you have now and that view is to die for.
Aleta I really can't wait to see your finished studio, I know it is going to be something outstanding. I had my daughter and friend come up to my place about a month ago and they went through my work room put up more shelving and put most of my magazines and books into large containers and they are being stored in the laundry. I have bought smaller containers that fit on the shelves and everything looks very organised now. Don't know how long it will stay that way.

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Patty your studio is just beautiful!!!!   

Kim, thanks for that link!  That issue looks like it will be so cool, I pre-ordered my copy today :)

Laura, an attic studio sounds so wonderful... a definite escape away from everything.  You can pretend to be "not home" if your doorbell rings  bear_whistle

Melbear Melbear's Quality Collectibles
Spruce Grove, Alberta
Website

Wow, love all the space and the sunshine is wonderful!!

Hugs!
Melanie

Board footer