Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

You will be missed very much here Lisa bear_cry
Take care and look after yourself and hope that we get to see some more of your sweet adorable bears when
you feel like getting back to them.

Warmest bear hugs
Carolyn

:hug:  :hug:  bear_flower

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Oh Lisa, sweetie I am so sad to hear this news. How sad that you have lost the joy of bear making. You are one lovely lady who has a great talent and the bear world will be at a loss without you and your bears. Follow your heart my friend, but please don't forget us all.
Big hugsto you, lovely to have known you your bears and wonderful family.  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry

Hugs, Jane.  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Gantaeno Je Suis Lugly!
Website

I'll miss your creations Lisa  bear_cry  bear_cry

Good Luck, and I hope you'll still come and chat ever now and then!

Lisa q.D.paToOtieS
Near Fredericksburg, VA

Thanks again for all the kind words.  I just don't know what to say other than thanks for being supportive, inspiring and wonderful friends.  Maybe I will just take a break.  I'm stressed on so many different levels and that's not something I tell everyone.  I'll still do the weird free patterns on my Blog - for some reason I really love doing them!

I'll check in and make sure you all are behaving yourselves...LOL!  And to see your fabulous creations.  I admire each and every one of you and that's the total truth.

Hugs,
Lisa

am_bears AM BEARS
Derbyshire

Really sorry to hear you are quitting, I read your article in TBCI this month and thought that your bears were fabulous, I understand that sometimes the thrill of making something fuzzy vanishes when you are stressed.  Take care of yourself first off, treat yourself kindly, treat yourself.  Hopefully when things ease up, you'll find your furry friends hammering inside the room in your head where you keep them.  I know this sounds waffy, but in your article you said you were happiest following your own drum and those words were inspirational :clap: , thankyou for them.

Huge  :hug:

Andrea

DENBY30 DENBY BEARS
EDISON, NEW JERSEY

bear_cry  bear_wub Lisa, I am sorry to hear about your decision to quit bear making, what brought this on?  You know we will all miss those wonderful little creatures you make and we also enjoy your blog and your giving nature.  Please say it isn't so.
Give yourself some time and one day the feelings will return and we will have our Lisa back again.  In the mean time, take care and enjoy what life has to offer.

Nancy D Dog Patch Critters
Titusville, FL
Website

I am so sorry you are feeling this way but I have to say I have been there. In 98 I was doing the Timonium show and found myself just pacing the parking lot, wanting the day to be over. My break lasted a couple of years but I came back more juiced that ever. You just do what is best for you and your girls. What will be will be!
PS: Is the Thankgiving parade still on?

Lisa q.D.paToOtieS
Near Fredericksburg, VA
DENBY30 wrote:

bear_cry  bear_wub Lisa, I am sorry to hear about your decision to quit bear making, what brought this on?

Actually, it's been coming on gradually for some time now.  It wasn't one singular thing that started it but a whole bunch of different things combined that made me reach my decision.

Nancy D wrote:

Is the Thankgiving parade still on?

Oh DEFINITELY!  The Thanksgiving and Easter Parades were the highlight of my year!!!  I didn't have to make a thing but could just sit back and watch all the talent go by....

The group to post photos for Flickr as well as the rules/categories etc. will probably be up in September sometime.

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Ditto to what everyone has said Lisa, but I am not really supprised no one can work as tirelessly as you have with all that you do and keep at it for ever.  Given time Lisa I think you will be back as you have too much talent not to be, as Shelli put it just say see you later.  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

Sorry to hear that you are quitting bear making, Lisa - we will miss you. I wish you lots of luck with your future endeavours.

MZemeski Posts: 151

Lisa - I know how you feel on being stressed out. I had a hard time getting back in the swing of things from last summers surgery and changing meds for several months. I can only focus on one thing at a time. If I get to much on my plate I shut down. I finally picked back up my bear making this year. It was truly hard! I'm glad I did though. If it wasn't for the support of friends, family, and customers I probably would have thrown in the towel. I hope you will just take a break and every now and then make a wonderful creation that wows us all from your talent. You are a wonderful artist! You take a good rest and I hope to see and hear from you again.

Best Of Luck,
Melissa Zemeski :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Jack&Lilia Jack & Lilia
Gloucestershire
Website

Nooooooo Lisa....please don't quit  bear_sad ....just take a break for a while....I adore your sweet cutest creations  bear_wub and we would miss you so  bear_cry .....you're just in a dip and will come bouncing back I'm sure...........please....... bear_noexpression
Hugs Lynne  :hug:

puca bears puca bears

Lisa.........I am so sorry that your muse (or whatever) has gone walkabout.............and very sorry that you feel like quitting..........
I'm sure we all have tales of times when we wonder just where we are going with our bears, and even - WHY are we doing it?
You are such a creative and inspired artist, so whether you come back to bears or go onto something new, you will be a huge success, I'm certain.......... but we'd all miss you if you don't come back - you are one of the sweetest and most caring persons I know.
lots of huggies
Maria :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Laurie Laurie Lou Bears
Norfolk

I hope that you will come back to bears at some point Lisa as you make such lovely little bears and other fun characters.I wish you all the best in your new venture bear_thumb
Laurie :hug:

Mikki Mikki, Cripple Creek Creative
Bethel, Ohio

lisa,
Just recently became aware of your work with the magazine article and I loved it! Your creations have such personality  and appeal ...shall miss you and them..................Mikki

Gijzette Elfin Bears
Mount Dora FL
Website

Lisa,

I ditto everyone's sentiments here. You need to follow your heart and see where that takes you. We all hope you are just taking a break and will come back to us. I will definitely miss seeing your marvelous creations as they always give me a smile.

Hugs,

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Such an amazing quirky talent will be sorely missed Lisa. It has been lovely to have made your aquaintance. :hug:

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Lisa, I will really miss seeing your adorable bears  bear_sad .  They have such great personality.  Your softies are so cute too.  But, you have so much unique talent that I'm sure you will find another outlet to showcase your gift.    I  am always amazed at how much you accomplished with 3 young girls at home.    Best of luck with whatever direction you decide to go  :hug:

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

I had a sort of 'life got in the way' break last year, a whole year. But when I did get back this year, its all on track and fun. What ever you decide, I hope everything works out. Just to say one thing I would have made the most awful bears last year if I had made any as I was under stress for other things. So maybe a break is what you need. :hug:

Lisa q.D.paToOtieS
Near Fredericksburg, VA

Thanks so much for all the words of support and all the kind comments.  I think for the time being I will just take a break until I figure out how much time I will have once my girls are in school this Fall and what I really want to be when I grow up (LOL!).  I definitely won't be doing any more shows.  While I love visiting with collectors, it's just too much stress trying to get ready for one with the girls being small and then too much stress leaving them and coming home to a very grumpy hubby (LOL! - he gets a taste of my 6-days a week with them medicine for one day and whew! is his hair gray now!!!).

Anyway, thanks again.  Your messages have warmed my heart!

Dorothy Miss Dorothy's TeddyFolk
Alpine Ca.

Lisa it's called "bear burnout" an ailment that affects only teddy bear artists for some reason bear_rolleyes
I too have suffered and recovered numerous times... My advice is to do something else, another craft perhaps, long walks, writing in a journel, reading good books (Billie Letts, Connie May Fowler) are good authors. Take good care of yourself, explore, play. bear_happy  bear_original
hugs, Dorothy

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original Lisa, I can't imagine how you get anything creative done whilst caring for three little  girls!

bear_original I more or less waited until mine were grown up.

Your story of Daddy's initiation into Mommyhood reminds me of the first afternoon my son-in-law spent alone with our little grandson. Mommy returned  to find little Jason tear-streaked and red-rimmed, and Daddy shell-shocked, with shoulders up to his ears.  :crackup:

Lisa q.D.paToOtieS
Near Fredericksburg, VA
Eileen wrote:

:)
Your story of Daddy's initiation into Mommyhood reminds me of the first afternoon my son-in-law spent alone with our little grandson. Mommy returned  to find little Jason tear-streaked and red-rimmed, and Daddy shell-shocked, with shoulders up to his ears.  :crackup:

:crackup: Funny, that's the way my husband looks most Saturdays when I get home from Grocery Shopping!

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original When it was my Hubby's turn, he always took the Little Darlings with him to do some shopping at the local fruit stands and delis.

This was about 25 years ago, when you rarely saw a Daddy pushing a stroller, so rarely that some of the shopkeepers assumed he had to be a widower. He was famous . . . and probably considered highly eligible  :crackup:

When I turned up with Wee Three at the local cheese shop, the lady behind the counter asked me, "Are you the girl who looks after them?"  :crackup:

bear_original They'll grow . . . you'll be back!

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Awww, Lisa thats sad...you've been one of my favourite artists with all your creative flare...... bear_cry  I'll miss you!!!!  Don't be a stranger k  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Board footer