Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

K Pawz Guest

Hi everyone, I am in a bit of a dilema, I have been working on a new design Chihuahua and am almost at the shading point, but I am at a loss of what color to make him....at this point he is a solid white/cream color, no nose color done, or claws (all depend on his final color) there have been so many awesome chihuahau's created lately that I am leary to do mine in common Chihuahua colors fawn, or tan and white, but have no idea what color to do my little guy! I was considering white with a black ear, but don't know how popular that would be....so if any of you have a chihuahua or any insight or suggestion on a good color let me know!!! you can post here or send me an email directly kpawz@shaw.ca

UPDATE
Thank you so much everyone for sharing your babies with me, my little guy finally has his colors! he still needs some more body shading before he goes on eBay tomorrow, but I wanted to share his pictures with you.....I have never before loved one of my creations so much that I wanted to keep them, but this little guy really pulls at my heartstrings!

kpawzchisneek2.jpg
kpawzchisneek1.jpg

hugs,
Krista

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

I'd say do the tan or light brown and white. Why? Because more people Chihuahua's have that color and it increase your chances of selling him faster. that is my two cents...Post a picture of him when you are done!!!

smdogs gone to the dogs/sm dog designs
Kansas City Missouri
Website

Hi Krista,

I would have to agree with Michelle, and do the Tan with white markings as that is the most common colors. I found a couple of photos on AKC's website and there is a wonderful color chart there as well.sm_chihuahua2.jpgsm_chihuahua3.jpg

I hope it helps.

Looking forward to seeing him when he is done.

Sheryl

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

I have a few cute pics on hand........................ bear_grin

tan.jpg

tan2.jpg

tan3.jpg

Nancy D Dog Patch Critters
Titusville, FL
Website

Krista, I saw a really cute tri color last week. She was mostly white with a black head and tan on her feet and little tan spots over her eyes. Sounds complicated but that's what you do..isn''t it?

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

There's tons of photos of chis.... there is no exception to color in the breed I believe.  I love looking at the rescue pages... course I ended up with one this way  :crackup:

www.ChihuahuaRescueUSA.org

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

Pico.jpgHi Krista, I live out here in Chihuahua Central,  I have a chihuahua, minpin mix, but he is the color of dog I see everywhere.  He is a rusty color tan, I also see a lot of tan and white but mostly this rust color
Joanne

K Pawz Guest

Thank you so much everyone for your suggestions....i agree with you all, I think I will go for more of a traditional look with a bit of a twist...I found I Stock photos and found this little darling...she is traditional colors but a bit more diluted??? I love the looks so think I will give this a try...
Istockphotoschi.jpg

Nancy I love complicated, but there is a tri on eBay right now so don't want to go that route

hugs,
krista

ruth Flutter-By Bears
Staffordshire
Website

TT-Del.jpgDel-TT.jpgDelphi-TT.jpgHi Krista ,
I couldn't resist posting pics of my tiny girl here -I'm a proud Chi mum , what can I say ???  :whistle:
She's a very non trad' colour - the breeder wanted to sell her because of the white smudge on her muzzle ;
of course I just think it makes her cuter !!  bear_wub
Ruth

Edit ; to show this is how her ears are now ....I'm sure she's grown them like that to match her "sister" who's a Papillon !!

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Ruth she is ADORABLE!!!   

I totally forgot to post a photo of my sweet little girl that I got from the rescue I mentioned above.   (Well, I've posted her pic before... but not in this thread)

2329099416_e0648738ae_m.jpg

K Pawz Guest

OMG what gorgeous babies you guys have!!!

hugs,
Krista

sandlalouer Luxembourg

Such lovely dogs!! Lucky you!!!!!

K Pawz Guest

Almost done!!! I hope to add his final color tomorrow, I can't wait to share him with you.

hugs,
krista

Melisa Nichols Melisa's Bears
Hazelton, BC
Website

We're looking forward to seeing him!  Your previous chihuahua's are sooooo cute... I'm sure this one will be wonderful!   bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

Dorothy Miss Dorothy's TeddyFolk
Alpine Ca.

Here's mine her name is Unauna1.jpg
She's a red brown color. At the park she is known as the brown streak because she is so fast (Ithink it sounds like dirty underwear) bear_whistle

am_bears AM BEARS
Derbyshire

Here's a picture of my loo li and Ruth, your baby can come live with me too when you get fed up with her, but I dont' think I stand any chance at all!  My baby had a poorly eye on the photo of her awake, she's okay now though.  100_0124.JPG100_0123.JPG

K Pawz Guest

Thank you so much everyone for all your help! I have just added pictures of the "almost" completed baby who will be on eBay tomorrow.

hugs,
Krista

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

SOOOO cute, Krista!!! I can see why you'll find this one hard to part with!  bear_wub

ruth Flutter-By Bears
Staffordshire
Website

Krista he's fabulous !!  bear_wub  bear_wub Ohhhh , I'd have to keep him - no question  bear_smile
I can't wait to see his final look .
Mini Hugs , Ruth

Cheshire Cat Wilmslow Cheshire

Krista ,
I can see why you want to keep him ,such a personality shining through !
hugs,
Louise x

Board footer