Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

BearBottoms 'Bear' Bottoms Originals
Ft. Bragg, NC

Hi all!  I just wanted to share this mural I was commissioned to do. bear_original  It is painted in the foyer of a home being built in my area. She wanted the clouds to have a deep 'slightly stormy look' (but not menacing) with a touch of sunset, but not overdone with color.  You probably can't see them in the photos, but the names of the family members are hidden in the clouds.  I had such a great time doing this; I feel lucky to have been chosen to do the work!  On to pics:
muralsmall1.jpg
muralsmall2.jpg
muralsmall3.jpg
Here is a detail picture:
muralsmall4.jpg
You can see the dome in the upper left hand corner of this pic:
muralsmall5.jpg

Next on the agenda, Star Wars theme in the son's playroom!

Thanks for letting me share!
Kimberly W.

Gantaeno Je Suis Lugly!
Website

Oooh, it's lovely!  I bet your arms ached a lot, after all that upside down painting- your back too!

You can do my walls, when I win the Euro Millions bear_happy

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

that is beautiful work, I love clouds painted on the ceilings!
Want to come to colorado and do that in my house...... bear_grin

Ft. Bragg, NC

Thank you, Chloe and Tami! bear_original  Tami, sure! Next time I'm in the area!!  bear_tongue

Chloe, surprisingly my arms and neck didn't hurt at all the whole time!  It wasn't until I was just about finished, when I was painting the highlighted 'silver lining' to the last cloud that my arm started to ache a little, but by then I only had about another 10 minutes of work or so to do... I really thought it was going to be a 'pain-in-the-neck'!  bear_shocked  bear_tongue  I think it wasn't as bad because it's a dome, so I wasn't looking striaght up most of the time.

Kimberly W.

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

that is amazing Kimberly and what great work.
Nice touch with having the names in the clouds.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Beautiful, Kim. What a lovely sky. You'll no doubt get lots of by-word-of-mouth advertising when the family moves in and opens their home to friends.

kezjoy KezjoyKritterz
Gippsland Victoria

wow!! that looks great..i could see some of the names. Did you paint standing on a ladder or did you have scaffolding to lay on like michaelangelo??
I did a mural in a bathroom for a previous house we had..i did an under the sea theme..i loved it, lots of corals and tropical fish..had to paint over it it though to sell the house..the agent needed the house all neutral :(..next time i'll just do it on a canvas so i can take it with me!!
Kerrilyn

Ft. Bragg, NC

Thank you Carolyn, Marlys, and Kerrilyn!

Kerrilyn, I had the scaffolding that you see in the last photo.  It certainly made things A LOT easier for painting!  Plus, I think I would have been a bit of a scaredy cat to crawl all the way up there on a rickety ladder to paint!  bear_tongue   

I did a mural in my son's room (used to be the girls' room) of a day/night landscape; I fear I'll have to cover it over as well when we move. bear_sad  Maybe who ever buys our house will like it too!  bear_ermm

Kimberly W.

LisaAP Arcas designs
Website

Now that sure is beautiful!! My youngest is always asking me to paint a mural in his bedroom but I'm too much of a wimp to have a go. I'm sure it'd be a disaster.

I can't wait to see how you get on with the Deathstar. That is too cool! bear_cool

Regards

Lisa

EvaJ EJ's Crafts
Fort Mohave, Arizona

All I can say is beautiful bear_wub   I envy you for being able to paint like this.  I can't wait to see what you are doing for the DeathStar.  I am a StarWars fan and have all the DVD's.

Eva
www.ejcrafts.com

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Simply beautiful!!   bear_flower

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Ft. Bragg, NC

Thank you so much, Lisa and Eva. bear_original bear_original  You are both supposed to be replying to my other post, too, about Star Wars!!!  bear_tongue  I am having the hardest time with that, I swear! lol  Lisa, how cool would that be to paint a mural in your son's room?! Go for it if you are at all artistically inclined with paint!

Kimberly W.

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Beautiful work Kimberly. :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:   What an honor to be able to have your work displayed in someone's home for them to enjoy for years to come.  Nice job!

Ft. Bragg, NC

Oh, thank you so very much Aleta and Judi!!  You must have been posting the same time I was! bear_original  Judi, I am SO honored, especially since this is the home that they are custom building just for themselves.  I'm thrilled that they think I'm good enough, especially since I second guess and doubt myself so much! It's a nice feeling. bear_original

Kimberly W.

Mikki Mikki, Cripple Creek Creative
Bethel, Ohio

AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!
                                         Mikki

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Very lovely, Kim . . . you have tons of talent!   :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

Absolutely beautiful work!!!!  I LOVE it!!!!  bear_wub  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

LisaAP...go for it!  If your kid doesn't like your painting efforts, you can always use white paint, paint it out and start over again.  Paint is really very forgiving that way  bear_flower   Besides, you might have fun, and you'll create a lasting memory for your child.

Swan Valley Bears Swan Valley Bears
Penn Valley, CA

WOWIE ! ! !  Beautiful work ! ! !

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

How lovely!  What a treat to look up at such pretty clouds in your ceiling!!!!

Board footer