Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

bunnie123 Posts: 2

I am looking for someone to make teddies from an old mink coat that belonged to my late mother in law
I thought it would be a nice way for the grandchildren to remember her
Does anyone make teddies from real fur ?
I know that this is a sensitive area but would be very grateful for anyones help
Thanks

pandamac 'EmBears
Northern New York State
Website

Welcome bunnie123!  :hug:  I make bears from old furs, you can see bears that I make on my web site. There are others that make bears from furs also, I am sure they will reply when they log on. Where do you live? It is great to have you join us on TT, I am sure you will enjoy it here!

Ellen

bunnie123 Posts: 2

Thanks for your reply
I am really looking for someone in the UK ,sorry I should have mentioned that before.

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

:hug:   Its really not all that sensitive.  I would far, far prefer these beautiful older coats be reworked into gorgeous teds than abandoned to a landfill. 

Oh, I've shipped real fur bears to the UK, but offhand I don't know any UK peeps that are creating the teds from real fur.  I'm positive there'll be someone come along to help you though.  Take a look into some of the UK members on here. They may use mohair for a first medium but also be able to work in real fur  bear_flower

Board footer