Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

I consider my self tough not a big softie, or so I thought. We already have 3 dogs, two cats four horses,
eight chickens, one duck, one cockatiel so I put my foot down about another dog when my daughter asked for another puppy last week.
Sunday on the way home from a favorite fishing hole there was a dog tied to a road marker on the highway. I mean right on the highway not two feet from the traffic. I yelled

Stop!!
So my husband pulled off the highway with the boat and went to check the dog. She was tied with a piece of hay bailing twine and nothing else. Poor baby he cut her loose and she ran straight across the road to me. I opened the truck door and said load up, she jumped in climbed in to the back seat just shaking. I gave her water that we had she was so dehydrated and so thin.
It was sunday so the next day I called the animal shelter to report her found and they told me she was probably abandoned that way. I can not believe that someone would just do such a horrible thing.
She is a lovely dog a black and white border collie. looks to be purebred, wonder ful markings and more well mannered than all our other dogs ( who are like everything else spoiled and demanding including the horses)
So I could not imagine traumatizing such a sweet dog more, I left a notice and number with them should any one call looking for her. But We are keeping her unless someone steps forward.  We named her Hannah, after a previously well loved dog.
I will try to post  a picture of her tonight.

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Good for you, Kathy. There's always room for one more, especially when this one needs a loving family.

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Kathy, you are an angel...

I am so glad this pour doggie found a nice loving home and family to put an end to the hell she was in.

I cannot believe some people are so heartless and able to abandon an animal on the side of a road.
This happens every year in France. Many cats and dogs end up in shelters after being abandonned.  bear_cry  bear_cry

People who truely love their pet cannot do that. I would not be able to let my cat alone more than one day. We only find a way for her to have good holidays. In addition, now we have wonderful neighbours who would accept to look after her if necessary. bear_thumb

If people know they cannot find a way to have their pets looked after, what is the point of adopting some? They'd better buy a new brain. bear_tongue

i cannot wait to see photos of your new dog, Katty...

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

tuppies teddies Tuppies Teddies
Lindenow, Central Gippsland

You are so special Kathy, to save this dog...some people amaze me on how they treat or don't treat our animal pals..

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

You are very kind and generous, Kathy . . . lucky for the poor dog!

BootButtonBears BootButtonBears
Adelaide
Website

How lucky for this poor little sweetie that you came along.  Goodness knows what would have happened if you hadn't taken her in.  Thank you so much for being such a kind hearted soul.

Northern Nevada, USA

hannah.jpgHere are the pictures of the new Hannah,
first by herself, then with other dogs Roxy black lab and daisy the german short hair.
See how skinny she is, terrible.hannah2.jpg
hannah3.jpg

Woodbury Park Bears Woodbury Park Bears
Central Coast New South Wales

thank goodness for people like you Kathy bear_thumb  bear_thumb , Hannah looks lovely bear_wub  I have a border collie cross that I rescued Ziggy and he is the most loving dog I just love him to bits. When I got him home I was a bit worried that my other baby Busta the Beagle would not accept him but they took one look at each other and have been inseparable ever since. I am a softie when it comes to dogs x2, catsx1, horses x1 and every other stray my daughter comes home with.  bear_wub  bear_wub

Raewyn

Melbear Melbear's Quality Collectibles
Spruce Grove, Alberta
Website

Awe, poor thing, I wonder if she went missing and someone found her and tied her there.. that is so sad. Glad to hear you took her in before she ended up dead. People do can do some awful things.  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:
Hugs,
Melanie

BearBottoms 'Bear' Bottoms Originals
Ft. Bragg, NC

Oh my gosh, Kathy... Wonderful you!  Hannah's beautiful! What a sign from God that you should happen to come along and save her...  :hug:

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Well done Kathy, what a lucky girl to have a wonderful new family to love her. I am so sad to see this kind of cruelty. It could have been far worse for your sweet girl. Give her a big hug from me.

Hugs, Jane.  bear_flower  bear_thumb  bear_flower

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Oh my gosh Kathy!  What a saint you are.  bear_innocent  bear_innocent  bear_innocent  And what a lucky dog.  It is appalling what some people do to animals.  She is beautiful.  I love happy endings.  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Kathy,
      What a beautiful girl!!  It literally makes me sick to think of someone tying her up and walking away - thank goodness you found her.  I'm sure that's what the owners were hoping but it could have ended so differently.   It's so sad to see a beautiful dog so timid - I'll bet she's so thankful for the food and all the attention.  What a fabulous ending to a sad story.  I'd love to see pictures of her  as she fattens up and grows accustomed to her new home.  Thank goodness for your kind heart!

hugs,

Brenda

Sheryl Tuckerbears
Colorado Springs, CO

bear_sad My heart just dropped and I cried when I read your story. Both sad and happy tears. How can anyone do that to a living creature. That poor dog now has a loving a safe place to live. I am sure she/he is forever grateful for your saving its life. Way to go! bear_wub

Northern Nevada, USA

I have just to tell you all, that she has adapted to our home and animals quite well. She is running around now and wagging her tail, she comes now when we call her and loves to be hugged. At first she flinched with every move, and was very afraid of my husband. ( possibly she was abused as well)
Now she is a new dog, happy and spunky and four days of steady feeding and she starting to fatten up a little.

Bumpkin Bears Bumpkin Bears
Antwerp, Belgium

I just can never understand how people can treat animals this way, thank goodness you were going past and found her - she looks so precious.  I do love collies.  So glad she has a loving family at last - give her a hug from  me  :hug:

Catherine x

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

It does my heart good to see she's blended so beautifully with your family.   bear_innocent  Thank you for taking her in!!!  bear_innocent

The scary part, with house foreclosures, and so many financial troubles in the US...I fear more and more of this animal abandonment may happen.   bear_cry   People not having a choice, but only hoping some kind soul may come along instead.   bear_cry   Frankly I think its totally wrong to leave a pup like that ~ anything could happen!  Only so glad you and your family came along instead  bear_wub

Jack&Lilia Jack & Lilia
Gloucestershire
Website

What a lovely end to such a sad event...you're a star Kathy...Hannah now has a lovely home  bear_wub
Lynne  :hug:

eteddys eTeddys
Phoenix, AZ
Website

:clap: What a hero you are!  Hanna is beautiful.  You never know when a wonderful animal will find you.  I brought home 3 starving hound dog puppies from a trip.  I kept the sickest little girl.  She's such a little blessing!  I'm sure your Hannah will be the same. 

Hugs!
Alison

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

Poor girl probably scared out of her mind! 
people are heartless sometimes.

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Dear Kathy, what a loving and humane thing to do for that poor traumatized dog. Bless your heart. The world needs more people in this world like you.

As for that awful person who abandoned her like that, I'd like to borrow Judi Paul's saying (paraphrased):

May the fleas of a thousand camels find their way into the underpants of the person who abandoned that poor dog... and may their arms be too short to scratch.

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

She is beautiful Kathy and you my dear are an absolute angel.  :hug:  :hug: Hannahs story has so touch me , I'm in tears bear_cry  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Awww, thats so good of you Kathy, Hannah is so lucky to have you find her....i dunno how some people do stuff like this...big huggies, to you all XX

busserbears Busser Bears
Elkhart, Indiana

Kathy, congrats...there are no coincidences-YOU were meant to find her and bring her into your family.  That's what happened with our 2nd dog. 
Last year, almost a whole year ago, my husband and I were going to be moving into our newly purchased country home, from a 1 bedroom apartment. At the time we had a 12 year old shih tzu (she's since passed last November) and an almost 2 year old German Shepherd that we adopted from our local humane society.  The Monday night before our big move on Saturday, the yellow lab puppy that we had seen grow up from a cute little wiggly thing to a 6 month old bundle of energy that had just about been completely kicked out of her apartment, came right in the back door with my husband and shepherd. 
Now the backstory about the lab was that our shepherd had watched her out the front window for months wanting to play.  The lab when out all the time just wanted to be loved and petted, jumped up and down when we went to and from our car.  My husband and I both took her back to that apartment about 4-5 times each...each time they were just not to worried or too grateful, very nonchallant.  They had named her Chula, something in Spanish.  The aparment complex where we lived just left their dogs run loose, mainly chihuahua's and I guess that's what they thought dogs should do.  This little girl must have KNOWN we were going to move, and it was her last, best hope at a new life.  When she came in the door, my husband said "that's it, she's ours!" 
It was a wild night with 3 dogs in the bedroom, the shepherd, and shih tzu loose...and the lab in the cage.  My husband named her Tu-Tu, it sounded very close to her original name.  But she's rather lived up to her name...sometimes she's just Tu tooooo much!  Neither of us had ever had labs, and didn't know how hyperactive they are!  But what a sweetheart! 
They moved into the house the next day.  And on our 1 acre place when she runs, it sounds just like a horse galloping! 
Oh, 2 days after we rescued Tu-Tu we got a 6 weeks old boxer mix puppy from a young couple 4 doors down...now this stupid husand got this too young to separate puppy from her litter, with a very pregnant wife, also a problem pregnancy, and they already had 2 dogs!  Now my husband always wanted a boxer, soooo, she came to live at the new house with husband and Tu-Tu.  I named her Tippy after the white tip on her tail...yeah I know, real imaginative!   
But my friends..never, ever, adopt 2 rambunctious puppies at the same time!  It can be a holy terror, but thank goodness for kennel crates.  Sometimes the only time Tu-Tu relaxes is when she's in her crate. 
Our shepherd, Liebchen is about 3 and very settled down-there is hope for the others with time, Tu-Tu is a little over 1 years old and slowly settling down and Tippy about 1 is the real clown.  SO smart!  I've never seen a dog that can amuse herself without a people!  You give her a handball and she rolls it and chases it herself!  I've had the "chore" of cleaning out her left inside ear...I use my middle finger with a washcloth to get inside..when I place my hand under her chin, she sighs...I guess it's like when we put a Qtip and clean...AHHHH!  Tippy even stops in the bathroom at night on the way to her crate to get the washrag!
Yep, our house is very lively!
hugs,
Leeann Krikau
Busser Bears

Board footer