Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Lhearn Critters Creations
Alberta
Website

I am thinking on getting a Laminating machine but know nothing about them. Can any one help? Looking to do tags, certificates for my bears.v I was doing large certificates and now would like to do smaller ones instead. Any help would be appreciated.

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Hi Lynn,
I use one all the time. I laminate my tags etc. for my bears and I also have laminated pictures to display on my table at shows, it saves on finger prints all over everything. I also keep a few laminated business cards in my purse to give out when the opportunity arises, cards just spoil in my purse but the laminated ones look great.

Hugs, Jane.  bear_thumb  bear_flower  bear_thumb

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Lynn,I got one from Walmart  that does hot & cold.  Works great for tags , etc. and was only about $25.

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Here is what I have: http://www.skycraftsurplus.com/index.as … ProdID=551
It's an Ibico G4 laminator.... does business cards up to 4 in. wide sheets. I got mine real cheap on ebay about 4 years ago, maybe longer. It works great, you can get the laminating sheets (the heat seal kind) in bulk on eBay or at your local office supply store.

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

I got that Walmart one as well and it works great. I bought the laminating sheets in the size I wanted on eBay for a very good price.

Marion

Alberta
Website

Thanks everyone. I am off to check out ebay and walmart!

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

I use a Xyron 900.  It can do large to small items (I wanted to have that range if I needed it).  It's pricey, but I used a craft store 50% off coupon for it and I use those coupons for the cartridges too bear_original It works with magnet, double laminate, and adhesive cartridges. I never thought I'd use the machine that much, but I really do use it all the time. 

:hug:
~Chrissi

Gantaeno Je Suis Lugly!
Website

I bought a cheap one at WHSmiths- use it on everything except the critter itself!

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

I got mine at Walmart too for about $25.  What was more important to me however was the cost of the laminating sheets!!!

tuppies teddies Tuppies Teddies
Lindenow, Central Gippsland

As well as business cards etc I use my laminater to strengthen my pattens.

Instead of drawing them onto cardboard, I use A4 then laminate,  If the truth be known, I just LOVE my laminater. bear_wub

I got mine from the Post Office...

Alberta
Website

I found one at walmart today and it is perfect for what I want it for.  :dance:  :dance:  :dance: Thanks Tammy for suggesting walmart. I looked on ebay and by the time I bought one and paided of the shipping , it was cheapter to buy it at walmart....no waiting or shipping fees and only $25.00.

kim "a bear by kim"
merseyside

i dont know if it helps but iv just bought some self laminating sheets, 100 of them and they are credit card sized... theyre brill!! if you go to my ebay u can see them in my feedback x

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

I bought them as well several months ago - much cheaper than getting them at the store.

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

If the truth be known, I just LOVE my laminater. bear_wub

I got mine from the Post Office...

so did I bear_grin

Board footer