Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

cjsmum Happy Little Souls
Sydney

Hi Everyone,
Well a few months ago we were discussing new ways to enlighten people about our wonderful world of Teddy Bears. I know from experience (and hundreds of phone calls over the years from folk trying to track down artists and suppliers ) that people have to go to great lengths to find what they are after.
I had mentioned about a global source for finding out information about bears and events/shows, as we all know, the easier it is to find something, the more likely people are going find it.
So after spending many sleepless nights designing code for a website, I've managed to come up with what I hope is another facet for the spreading of information.
I like to think of it as a Yellow Pages for Teddy Bears.
Where the help comes in, is I had these visions of being able to put in shows, artists, suppliers names etc into the lists and then their website would all be in an easily accessible central place. I am thoroughly overwhelmed though at the amount of double checking I have had to go through, as many have altered their websites or emails and it can be very time consuming. Since I still need to be a Mum for a few hours of the day, I thought I should appeal to you all.
This is where the help comes in:
If you would like to be listed on your respective list, please help me by going to the site and registering yourself- it costs nothing! You can subscribe by becoming a friend (for free).
I will continue to add people as I go, but it would be fantastic to know that we have the right information from the get go. The more people registered, the more detailed I can configure the searches, to make it even easier for people to use.
Many thanks in advance-

Cheers
Melissa
standing.gif
www.teddybearsociety.com

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

What a super website Melissa!  Thank you for the invitiation.  I have just signed up ... only thing is, I didn't check if I was already listed and I am, so now you have me on there twice!  Sorry!  By the way, would you like to add British Bears on the Net to your forum list?  Our address is:

http://britishbearsonthenet.aforumfree.com/index.htm

We've been running as a chat group for over a decade, but this year I set up our lovely shiny new forum too.  It's specifically intended for anyone with a keen interest in the British teddy bear industry.

Linda Benson Bears
Tasmania

Me too!! bear_rolleyes  bear_rolleyes

Sydney

Hi Girls,
Thanks for getting your details up there, I am more than happy to take out the place holders.  :lol:
Paula, that link is the exact kind of thing I'm after for our information network.
So if anyone else has links to groups, clubs, guilds, forums, please let me know (PM or email) only to happy to add them to the growing list.
Another member has also suggested link buttons for the Society so I will work out something this weekend and put them up soon.
Cheers

Mel

Jaina Emo Bears
Dudley, West Mids

What an awesome idea  bear_grin

Jigpaws Jigpaws
Edinburgh, Scotland

What a fab idea Mel........I've signed up too  bear_grin

Hugs
Janice

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

Thanks to you, I can see all of the work and many hours you have put into this site.
Joanne

Sydney

Cheers Guys,
It has been a very steep learning curve (I was used to html, but this php and cms has kept me on my toes) but I think it has huge potential for us to share our world with the outside.
So far today over 30 artists and suppliers have put up their listing, and thanks to those who have also sent me links of their favourites- it all helps!
It's after 1am in my neck of the woods so I'm going to hit the sack-
but just a heads up for those of you who would like to put up your listing: when inserting your website just add a http:// on the beginning. I can add it afterwards if you forget, but it will mean instant connection of your site if you remember to do it  bear_grin
Thanks
Mel

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

What a great site Melissa -thanks for all your hard work !  I just added my info.

Angela Angela's Bear Garden
St. Catharines, Ontario

Thankyou for your hard work! The site looks awesome. I signed up bear_grin

Laurie Laurie Lou Bears
Norfolk

Lovely site Melissa-I have just signed up bear_thumb
Laurie :hug:

Kathleen Pa

I signed up too! what a great idea!!

Kathleen

Kathleen Pa

OOps! I did'nt do the http:// thingy, didn't read that post till after I registered!  Sorry :redface:

Kathleen

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

What a great site, Melissa and what a ton of work and long hours!!! Whew! It will pay off, I'm sure. bear_thumb  bear_thumb

I signed up for membership and didn't see your post about adding the http:// until after so will apreciate you fixing my link! :doh: Sorry!

Gijzette Elfin Bears
Mount Dora FL
Website

Great site Melissa! I have also signed up.

Hugs,

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Brilliant idea!!! I joined!! bear_grin
I have also been thinking of the linking up of all things beary with my 'LinkedIn'  bear_thumb

karenaus Melbourne
Website

Hey Mel, glad your site's getting off the ground :clap:  It's going to become a fabulous resource, can't wait to see it grow and grow! Plus all the ideas you have up yor sleeve for it, you are an ideas machine girl! bear_grin

BFB-Lyn Brimbin Forest Bears
NSW, Australia
Website

bear_thumb Well done Melissa and a great site and good luck to you and hope it grows and becomes a big help and interest to everyone who stops by. I have just signed up too  bear_original

Hugs Lyn  bear_flower

BootButtonBears BootButtonBears
Adelaide
Website

Thank you so much Melissa for setting this up.  It looks terrific.  I have included my details thanks.

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

What a wonderful site Melissa - thank you for all your hard work. Great job.
I have signed up.

Thanks again

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

danceswithteddybears Dances With Teddy Bears
Pacific Northwest

Oh Melissa
What a wonderful site!!!
You put so much work into getting it up and running, and it really shows.
I just joined!  I don't have a website though, or even a blog.  I'm still selling just locally..
And I'm still computer dumb.  bear_wacko

Again, fantastic site!!!  :dance:

Gail Bear With Me Enterprises
Website

What a great job you have done on this site- it looks just wonderful!!!!!I too have signed up and want to thank you for all your hard work and the invitation to join
Hugs
Gail :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

minkbears Vintage Mink Bears by Kathy Myers
Lakewood CA
Website

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:
Melissa, what a fabulous website!!!!

I just registered.
Thank you for giving us all another website.
bear_thumb  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower
Kathy

Woodbury Park Bears Woodbury Park Bears
Central Coast New South Wales

Hey Mel

I got in and all signed up thanks

Raewyn

Peggy Lakeland Teddies
Bonnyville, Alberta

Hi Melissa.  I love the site. What a fantastic idea.  I just signed up, but my name doesn't show up in Bear Artists.  Does it take some time?  Come on everyone - sign up!

Peggy

Board footer