Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

forgottenforest Forgotten Forest

santa-1.jpghi guys as some of you know i had an auction for my brand new santa bear(i have included a few pics here for you to see) up on ebay which they just cancelled because i had a line in my auction that said
"if you would like to see more of my work, you can visit my website www.forgottenforest.com"
Which apparently is a big no no as they would make no money from any sales i may make, so they cancelled my auction :(

is it just me or is ebay just getting more and more hateful to use? anyway thats enough of my complaining for now, i am just going to relist the bear tommorrow i think. at any rate i just neeed to have a sook, thanx guys bye bye.

Michael

forgottenforest Forgotten Forest

santa-3.jpgheres an extra pic. bye bye

Bubble-Up Bears Bubble Up Bears!
Murrieta, California

If you are going to re list you can add your web info on your "Me" page. bear_original

bearlysane Melbourne, Australia

Hi Michael,
I have posted this before on another thread, but I guess some people haven't seen it yet:

"I think both Bid4Bears and Teddy Patch would be great alternatives to eBay, but unless EVERYONE makes the move and STAYS there until the collectors have to come there because there are no bears left on eBay...NOT A DARN THING WILL EVER CHANGE...eBay will continue making more money than ever and the Artists will continue to complain.
As artists we all need a good dose of resolve and perseverance!"

TT and Quy were good enough to put links in your profile page to these sites ... so why don't you give them a go and join the REVOLUTION!!!

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Michael,
     Ebay has always had a policy against listing your website address or putting a link on your auction page.  It is alright to put them on your Me page, but not on your auction.

Densteds Densteds
Website

Michael,

I got caught the same as you a couple of years back, I didn't know you couldn't put your website link on your listing...they removed mine too, it's very annoying but as Cyndee & Brenda have said, you can put it in your ebay "me" page.

Peggy Lakeland Teddies
Bonnyville, Alberta

I'm with you Sandi.  As a group, we need to move to Bid4Bears and The Teddy Patch.  I have listed things on both sites, unfortunately, without collectors to buy our stuff, we still have nothing.  Somehow, we need the collectors to move as well.

Sandi, I like your blog and I tried to follow it, but got an error message - something about the "url not found".  I'll have to try again.  Maybe it's just a glitch.

Peggy

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

A suggestion to add to your auction:

If you would like to learn more about me or my work, please visit my "me" page.

Then post the link there.  Or, if you're tech savvy, post a page from your website on your me page with link buttons. 

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

I am sorry to say Micheal that I did se that at the bottom of your listing.  I was wondering if ebay was going to do anything.  We have posts about this in the past, and many more unhappy ebay stories too, so now you know.  Ebay has not changed their rules regarding this, you just have never been caught,  So sorry it happened
Joanne

karenaus Melbourne
Website
bearlysane wrote:

Hi Michael,
I have posted this before on another thread, but I guess some people haven't seen it yet:

"I think both Bid4Bears and Teddy Patch would be great alternatives to eBay, but unless EVERYONE makes the move and STAYS there until the collectors have to come there because there are no bears left on eBay...NOT A DARN THING WILL EVER CHANGE...eBay will continue making more money than ever and the Artists will continue to complain.
As artists we all need a good dose of resolve and perseverance!"

TT and Quy were good enough to put links in your profile page to these sites ... so why don't you give them a go and join the REVOLUTION!!!

Trouble is there are  glitches/ hitches with the alternatives too.... guess we just have to deal with the glitches that each individual site bring,  and decide if they are ones we want to deal with.

Sorry you got caught by EBay (and it wouldn't have been Ebay who found it, it was probably someone who reported your auction) Good luck second time round! Grumpy Santa is adorable bear_happy

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

Love the bear. Hope things go well next time, at least you now know to link off your about me page. Thats what I do after hearing about pulled listings. Worse still, its the 'people' that report you. Hmmm...me thinks get a life 'people!' bear_angry Good luck!

JeannieB JeannieB Bears
Greensboro NC

Hi Michael,
     Sorry e-bay pulled your auction!  bear_rolleyes  Even more eye-opening is the possibility that someone turned you in! Wow, that's news to the naive (talking about myself). I'm bad about "skim reading" so I listed a link to my web-pages on my three auctions....I think I did.....no one turned me in bear_grin  but, I'm not really competition on any level....just a hobbiest and collector.
   Hope you re-post Santa Bear  with a link to his auction so we can find him.
        Best wishes...hope it works out well this time!
                  Hugs,
                    JeannieB bear_original

Board footer