Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Bear With Us Posts: 2

milligan.jpgDear All.

Only my second post I know, but I have been vey busy with the new shop. No extra job on the horizon so this bear shop ha really gotta work now. Given the current situation with peoples spending (I never say credit crunch- this a manufactured word created by the media and larger organisations as a way of off loading loss making companies and still geting finacial help from the goverment and a way to sell newpapers)
Did you see the way people were in the sales. MAD, there's plenty of money around, its just that in England we can talk ourselves into a recession.

When we opened on the 27th after Christmas, the amount of people who wanted to moan about the lousy Christmas they had wa unreal. Anybody who read my first post or the article about me in my local press will know I never talk negative. Lets start to talk positive, that way we will get on track a lot quicker.

We were very busy in the shop in December, October and November were good but December was a good month for us, I can finally pay some bills. We have now added Charlie Bears into the shop along with Clemens bears and next week I am having my Herman (red) bears. We also got a few Merrythoughts, but not sold ay yet. Isabelle bears also did well.

The best selling bear was Charlie Bears, but we also did well with Deans and Steiff.

And this comes to my last word to you all. My wife hinted that she wanted Milligan (from Deans Bears for Christmas, being a bloke (thick one at that) I forgot and bought her a airfix Volvo merican truck, and had it made and sprayed for her (SHES NUTS ON ANYTHING VOLVO) anyway to see the dissappointment on her face Christmas morning was unreal.
I Bought her a full size set of drums 2 weeks before and a Dior poison gift set the week before, but nothing could stop her disappointment of not having milligan in her stocking. I think she was surprised I helped cook christmas dinner ( thought she might try to poison me so I watched her every move) lol.. Anyway I knew deans had sold out, and have tried every on line shop but no one has one.

Please help me find Milligan.
This morning I said to her, on the first day of every month, choose a bear you would like and you can have it. THIS MORNING SHE SAID MILLIGAN!

Any way thanks for reading this and I wish every one a very Happy New Year, and hope its prosperous for us all.

Love
Andrew
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Bear With Us bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Lovethosebears Yorkshire

Hi Andrew, so good to hear that your shop is doing well.   

I have a soft spot for Charlie Bears, my hubby bought me Leo panda for my birthday yesterday (which means I have 5 Charlies now), they are really affordable, well made and ultra cute, so I am not suprised that they are doing well in your shop. 

I think you have more than redeemed yourself for the Milligan incident, wish my hubby would buy me a bear each month  bear_grin   

Happy New Year, Hugs Ali xxx

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Oh Andrew what a boo-boo you made. Still you sound such a nice guy, trying to do the right thing for your wife. I hope you do find Milligan and that your wife loves you forever for doing so. Where is your shop, I can't tell from your post which country you are in? If you go to your profile page (Link from the top of the page, right hand side) and add your information, you could find you have TT members coming into your shop, I would visit if you are not too far away, I love bear shops.  bear_thumb

Happy New Year, Jane.  bear_thumb  bear_flower  bear_thumb

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

You really deserve to do well. Been a bit hectic myself, where does the time go? Naughty you with the old pressie, did you nip next door for the Volvo? bear_tongue  I agree about 'credit crunch,' times are hard, but not for every person. I've friends who have lost their jobs but luckily found other ones.

lemon wolf bear 1 Lemon Wolf Bears
Northern MN.
Website

Hi, I did some searching via the internet and found no MILLIGAN sorry!  Best of luck to you! Hugs, Susan. bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

Dear Andrew,  Since you are a positive thinker then you know that if you keep in your mind that Milligan will show up then he will,  May take some time, but I have no doubt that one of these monthly bear gifts to your wife will be Milligan.  He is a cute bear, I can see why she likes him.  Best of luck with your shop, and your search.
Joanne

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

It's great that your shop is doing well, Andrew . . . hope 2009 is even better!  Good luck with your Milligan search.

Laurie Laurie Lou Bears
Norfolk

You might have tried this website already Andrew
www.bearshops.co.uk
as they have your bear listed but I am not sure if they have any in stock.
Laurie

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Good to hear that your first three months have gone well and best wishes for 2009.

Much luck in tracking down Milligan.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

tuppies teddies Tuppies Teddies
Lindenow, Central Gippsland

Good luck with your shop, and I am jealous that you buy a gift for your wife every month....

Bubble-Up Bears Bubble Up Bears!
Murrieta, California

Hi Andrew,
I do believe I have found you one.  :clap: I put a deposit on it. I would think if they were all gone it would have said so and not have taken my deposit. You never know though. I will PM you with the info tomorrow. I'm a bit ill right now and need to lay down. I should know by tomorrow if my credit card gets charged too.
Fingers crossed and toes too!  :pray:
Hugs,
Cyndee

Board footer