Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

KJ Lyons KJ Lyons Design
Seattle, WA
Website

lola9.jpgLola1.jpgTHis was hard! You know how it happens...... I started out thinking; this will be no trouble, I'll just tweak this and slightly redesign that and, Voila! I wanted to created an open mouth smiling kitten with my new 12 day old kitten design. I conveniently forgot how hard it is to work on such a tiny mouth  bear_rolleyes (I don't know how you miniature artists do it!) Long story short; I could have made two adult cats in the time it took me to design this kitten mouth!
So here is Lola and she is smiling/laughing (Probably at me bear_tongue ) It doesn't show well in the photos but she has tiny barrel pearl teeth.
Karen
KJ Lyons Design
http://tinyurl.com/cgt59f

Off The Paw Artist Bears by Lesley
East Neuk

Lola is absolutely wonderful, she looks so happy too bear_wub

Tanya'sTeddies Teddy Bears by Tanya de Bruijn
Lethbridge

Adorable kitten! You've done an outstanding job creating an open mouth/smiling cat!  bear_wub

Abby&Ellie Originalz Mylo, North Dakota

Awww...what a little sweetie! She is a stunner and turned out amazing.  :clap:  :clap:  :clap: Even with all the extra work!
bear_flower With kindest regards, Patsy

avateddy Posts: 1,361

Outstanding, She is soooooooooooo real  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Olga

ScaliWagGrrs ScaliWagGrrs
Denver, Colorado
Website

She was well worth the trouble!! She is adorable.Outstanding!!!
Beth

Bramblewoodbears Bramblewood Bears
Brooklyn, Washington

You can't tell you had any troubles at all!  She is excellent and what personality!  She is amazing with all her colors and her mouth is perfect!  :clap:
:hug:
Tomi

Mikki Mikki, Cripple Creek Creative
Bethel, Ohio

Karen
ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE.....Mikki

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

This kitten is flippin AWESOME, Karen.  I absolutely adore the expression you achieved, even if it did take you ten eternities to get here.  We have four cats and they are our lovies and our friends and this happy little kitty just reminds me so much of how cats so quickly and easily win hearts.

You're so incredibly talented. bear_original

Natascha LeftyBears by Natascha Sabo
Remchingen

Karen, Lola is absolutely adorable. I love her  bear_wub
And the open mouth looks really great.
By the way: I'm a miniature artist and I'm simply used to making small open mouths. I think I would have difficulties with making a big or normal sized open mouth.  bear_whistle

Jaina Emo Bears
Dudley, West Mids

bear_wub  what a stunning little kitten.

KJ Lyons KJ Lyons Design
Seattle, WA
Website

Thank you so much, everyone  :hug:
Sometimes I wonder if people will get tired of my feline cravings! I've tried other animals but I always come back to the cats. BUt I am working on a new realistic Polar Bear, that is one guy that I enjoy creating as much as felines.
Natascha, Love your work in miniature! I have one question?(Actually, many, but one right now) What kind of scissors do you use to trim inside the small mouth? My small scissors just seemed unable to cut when I'm using just the tip of the scissor blades?
Karen

Gantaeno Je Suis Lugly!
Website

Awww, I love her!  She looks like she's having a great time!

Natascha LeftyBears by Natascha Sabo
Remchingen
KJ Lyons wrote:

Thank you so much, everyone  :hug:
Natascha, Love your work in miniature! I have one question?(Actually, many, but one right now) What kind of scissors do you use to trim inside the small mouth? My small scissors just seemed unable to cut when I'm using just the tip of the scissor blades?
Karen

Thank you, Karen, I'm soo happy to read that you love my work :redface:

About your question:
Usually I don't trim anything at all inside the mouth, I just use an extra piece of black suedine for that part.

But some time ago I tried a really small open mouth, for that I trimmed the part inside the mouth BEFORE sewing and then painted it black.

KJ Lyons KJ Lyons Design
Seattle, WA
Website

Natascha,
I know you probably are much better at this than me! I was trying to trim and shape the tongue of the kitten once it was inside her mouth, just a little off one side. It was impossible with the small scissors I was using, the front point of the scissors just won't cut well and I wondered if there was another way to cut in such a small space?
Thanks,
Karen

momanimallover Taber, Alberta

This has to be the happiest kitty I have ever seen! GORGEOUS! bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub and congrats on your fantastic auction! :clap:  :clap:

KJ Lyons KJ Lyons Design
Seattle, WA
Website

Thanks, Brenda-
I always wondered how some auctions finish so strong after a slow start? Now I know! I have to say I was in shock bear_wacko  I had to walk away from the computer! How could this happen in less than a minute?? IT made me feel a bit uneasy? I'm used to understanding how things work and I thought I understood auctions  bear_rolleyes Krista helped me settle down and go back to the computer. Apparently one of my favorite collectors really wanted the kitten and she's a great sniper. Two other collectors decided they wanted the kitten. THat's all it takes. IT was a surprise.
Karen

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Oh he is adorable!  bear_original  bear_original

K Pawz Guest

Awesome job Karen!!! YOu deserve it!!! She is stunning!

hugs,
Krista

kellydean k e l l y d e a n & c o m p a n y
Narrowsburg, New York
Website
KJ Lyons wrote:

Thanks, Brenda-
I always wondered how some auctions finish so strong after a slow start? Now I know! I have to say I was in shock bear_wacko  I had to walk away from the computer! How could this happen in less than a minute?? IT made me feel a bit uneasy? I'm used to understanding how things work and I thought I understood auctions  :rolleyes:Karen

sweetie, it happened in less than 15 seconds, and that last bid was during the last TWO seconds (I was watching this one at the end  :redface: I thought she was so wonderful that I was actually sitting in my chair chanting 'go. . . go. . .go. . . come on, come on. . . )

(it was almost as good as a roulette game)

I'm glad you got what you did, you deserved every penny & more

Board footer