Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

The Teddies Spring Show in Timoium, Maryland was held yesterday, March 28, 2009.
It was an intimate show with about 28 artists. There was a steady flow of collectors during the morning hours. Many commented they were on a budget and looking for one special bear to adopt, making many rounds before chosing one! A few walked out with multiple bags of new bears to add to their hugs. I enjoyed catching up with many of my collectors in that area and seeing so many artists I've come to know over the years.

Here are some photos I took...

BabcockBears72.jpg
Babcock Bears - Pat Berkowitch

BackRoadBears272.jpg
Back Road Bears - Daphne Blau

BarronBears72.jpg
Barron Bears - Sharon Barron

GilmoreRudley72.jpg
Gilmur Rudley - Jackie Melerski

GingerBrame72.jpg
Piece Parade - Ginger Brame (Sorry it's not clear!)

More to come....

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

:clap:  :clap:   Thank you for sharing your  :photo:  Daphne!!!  What a lovely venue, and how nice to hear people were still adopting new cubs.  Nice to see  bear_flower

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Jacqui_Pollitt72.jpg
Threadbears - Jacquie Pollitt

Judith_Eppolitto72.jpg
Ashenbury - Judith Eppolito

KarensTreasures72.jpg
Karen's Treasures - Karen Searl

PochungMtnBears72.jpg
Pochung Mountain Bears - Mary Kolar

QuitsnCritters72.jpg
Quilts-n-Critters - Marilyn Wagner

Raspbeary_Bears72.jpg
Raspbeary Bears

Unknown72.jpg
Mary Dowd Bears

There were many others I didn't get photos of. Some of the other artists in attendance:

Irene Heckle-Volpe
Donna Nielsen
Barbara Burke
Janet Wilson
Meg Jackson
Mary Ann Wills
Susan McKay

I'm exhausted and know I'm missing a few more! I'll add to the list if I think of them!

It was a nice show, my first for this year... I'm looking forward to doing more!!!
Now to go get the bears I didn't sell listed on my website so they can find new homes!
Maybe a wee little nap first! bear_whistle

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Looks like it was a great show, Daphne - thanks so much for sharing your photos!  Super list of participants!

katiecountrymouse1 KatieCountryBears
Bolton-le-sands, Carnforth
Website

Hi Daphne,

Pics are fab! bear_thumb
It's always nice to see other shows, that maybe one day could attend. bear_grin
Well done to you. :clap:

love kayx. bear_wub  bear_wub

Barling Bears Barling Bears
Nr. Maidstone, Kent
Website

Hi Daphne, bear_flower

Thank you for sharing your photos with us, they are lovely.  It is so nice to see the stands so clearly as they are not all up against each
other but have plenty of space around.  There were plenty of nice bears there and I'm sure you had a good time!

Take care!

Hugs

Marilyn bear_flower

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

It looks like a beautiful show with so many outstanding creations. Thanks for sharing the photos Daphne.  Nice to hear that some bears found new homes .

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Thanks Daphne, I really appriciate that you took time to take the pictures in your very busy day. I can see there were some beautiful bears for sale plus quite a few ellies and the venue looks lovely and well lit.

Hugs, Jane.  bear_thumb  bear_flower  bear_thumb

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website
Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Thanks so much Daphne!!!  I knew you'd have "happy feet"  :crackup:   But I'm glad you remembered your camera bear_happy  LOVED your display!!!

Little Bear Guy Little Bear Guy
Waterloo, Ontario

Great pics Daphne, always nice to see pics from the shows. Wish we had been there.

big hugs

Shane

gbrame the piece parade
North Carolina

Daphne was very diligent getting photos and quick too!  Great job!  I took a few which can be seen on my blog http://bearbits.blogspot.com/ but Daphne's photos really do a better job of showing the variety of bears and artists there.  It's a fun show to do if you're considering it for next year!

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Ginger, your photos are wonderful.... they give a good feel for the setting of the show and your camera settings were correct... unlike mine!  :doh:

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

Daphne,

Thanks for the great pics!  :photo:   It looked like a great show!

Board footer