Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

clare14 Country Bears
England

I just wondered what you miniaturists use for sewn in tags, if anything??  I want to make a couple of 3" bears for my show, and I've seen somewhere, someone using what looks to me like silk ribbon handwritten?   I have tags made for my bigger bears, but they would take over a miniature, I'd love some ideas!!;)

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

i use the shrinky dink tags on all of mine...

baggaley bears Baggaley Bears
UK ( nottinghamshire )
Website

Shrinky dink is called shrinking plastic over here Clare and you can find it in most hobby craft shops, It srinks 7 times smaller and 7 times thicker when baked but you have to wright on it first and make a hole to fit you thread for adding to your bear.

Hugs
Vicki

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

I make a tag out of ultra suede for the little guys. You can cut it the size that you need.
Hugs,
Terrie

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Terrie - What kind of pen do you use to write on it small enough for bitty bears? Everything I've tried smudges!!!

Daphne

Also, do you use the regular weight or light weight ultrasude?

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

that's what I've been wondering too...my smallest is 6 inches, so not exactly a mini, but I really want a small tag for my bears that I can sew in.  I don't think we have shrinky dinks here in Aus.  I've heard people talk of printed ribbons.  where do they come from and what is the fabric?
thanks
hugs sarah

Terrie Terries Bears

I use a fine tip permanent marker or a fine laundry marker but I don't put tags on anyone smaller than 3". I haven't had a problem with smudging but I am very careful not to touch it until it is dry. I use the type of ultra suede that is the same on both sides and it is a medium weight.
I think that you can buy printed ribbon at places that sell labels but I am not sure how small they make them.

Hugs,
Terrie

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

I don't use sewn in tags on my wee little ones, as I find that they seem to just overwhelm them.  I have a tiny strink plastic "tag" that I tie on.  Pigma Micron pens work pretty well if you are looking to sign on ultrasuede.  They come in very fine sizes, and don't smudge or smear.. they are made by the Sakura Color Products Corporation of Japan.

Bear ytruly yours,
Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I really like the shrinky dink tags.. I have a punch that is in the shape of a tag and then I punch with a reg hole punch, write on Kim-Bee Bears, bear name and year and bake it up bear_original   I will never write on paws though, even if I am asked to.... I dont graphitticize my bear (a made up word for grafitti - LOL)

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

I've started using teeny sewn-in tags for my mini's and like the way they're working out. I've been sewing them into the back of the right leg, at the top. The tag simply says 'Bears-a-Bruin!' and is printed onto printer fabric, then fray checked and cut out. I also like the idea of the shrinky dink tags...I just haven't got round to it yet!

Terrie Terries Bears

Sunshine-b-400.jpegHelena, I have started using the same thing and I am really pleased with it. This little bears is under 3" and I think that her tag looks ok. All I can put on it is Terries Bears but that's alright.

rikkisbears NSW Australia

Hi,
I also use ShrinkIts.

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

I can't find Shrinky Dinks in this town...is there a good online source?  I'm being lazy I could go look myself huh? bear_innocent

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

Looks great Terrie!!! I don't have a photo of mine but they look pretty similar. My bears went untagged for a long time but I like the fact they are now permanently labelled, and they are pretty discrete aren't they?

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

I like those sewn in tags!  Do you sew them into the seam allowence as you stitch together, or add them afterward?

Beary truly yours,
Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

Terrie Terries Bears

I  sew them into the seam as I am making the bear. I have tried to sew them on after but by the time you get the raw edge turned under, the tag looks a little too bulky.
I was using a small piece of ultra suede before with my initials until someone from this group (I can't remember who) mentioned this printable fabric. I decided to try it and I love it!

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Terri, that looks soo cool! I'm glad you've mentioned that it wsa printable fabric. I was pulling my hair out, wondering how you print so small and so neat!!! LOL

I guess I better start putting tags on my bears eH? Ahh, so much to do....

Heather

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

My apologies if someone has already posted this.......I thought I would post before I forgot.  :doh:
Now... there was a shop locally that wrote names and things on rice grains with A PEN.
I asked about this pen and was told that it was sourced from " America'. Now all that needs to be done is find it on the net. Well at least you know a pen that writes real small exists. What more do you all want from me.? Blood :twisted: bear_grin bear_grin
                                                           Matilda bear_wacko

buttonbears BUTTONBEARS
Holland

You can also use printable cotton sheets that you can feed your regular printer with.
This way you can design the tag in whatever size or colour or shape you would like it to be. :thumbsup:

Marijke Haerkens
Button bears

buttonbears BUTTONBEARS
Holland

Oh, I am sorry,   :|
perhaps you can search on the internet yourself for printable cotton fabrics...I also had a few addresses copied into this mail:

Just order them ...
http://www.fabricprintersheets.homestead.com/index.html
http://www.thetransferpress.co.uk/heat- … tton.shtml

or make them yourself... :rolleyes:
http://www.homeandoffice.hp.com/hho/htm … 5-121.html

Marijke

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

Hi Sarah

You will be able to get shrink plastic in australia - try scrapbooking and stamping places and I've also seen it on ebay australia. 

Here's one place I found

http://www.memorybugs.com.au/PolyShrink … 16750.html

Board footer