Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Carolynn Teenytinyteddybears

Hi

Dino has a conference in Montreal in October. Going to be there for a week plus taking another week off to see stuff. Any advise??? Know it is going to be pretty cold. Considering we live in the tropics. But good things to do and see. Any thing. Anyone live nearby?

Bubble-Up Bears Bubble Up Bears!
Murrieta, California

I have some advise,
Swing by the U.S. and see me!!!! bear_original

Sure Cyndee, , no prob. will let you know when to put the kettle on..... I really wish I could. Cant stay long cause we have to get back to the Philippines to fly to France and South Africa at the end of November. Don't know what happens next though. We have been offered another year here, but I don't know that I can do it.

Murrieta, California

I know but I'm sure many here will give you lots of ideas and places to go and see while in Canada. bear_original
I know it must be hard for you. I don't think I could have done it.
I do pray soon you will be back where you want to be. :pray: And have all your stuff out of boxes once again!!!! bear_original

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Hi Carolynn, I don't know where to tell you to go or what to do...BUT...can I come too plweeze...I would love to go to Canada. We could have fun and see lots of cool things and at night we could sit huddled around a nice log fire and chat bears etc. How's that for a plan????????????? OK, a girl can dream. I am sure lots of our lovely Canadian members will come up with some wonderful suggestions for you. Have a great time when it happens.

Hugs, Jane.  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower

Murrieta, California

Oh gees!! I didn't think of that Jane!!
Can I come too? and Herbie as well? I can't go anywhere without him!!! bear_original

We could all meet in Montreal. Now there is a plan.... Good thinking Jane. Should I pick you up before I swing by Cyndee??? Cyndee how do you travel with Herbie?

pandamac 'EmBears
Northern New York State
Website

Hi Carolynn,

We could get together while you are there, I am only about 2 hours from Montreal. Never been there, live in the US, but still close! Sorry I can't help you with any tips. I do heat that Montreal is a wonderful city to visit.

Have fun when you go. Let me know if you want to cross the border into the US and I will make us some plans!

pandamac

That would be so good Ellen. But I don't think we will get to the US this time. The Visa's are a problem. But the way I am traveling lately I am sure to get there soon. Weren't you planning a bike trip through Canada? Would love to meet you and talk bears and bikes... We are going back to South Africa in December for our vacation and to RIDE. Our friends who look after our bike have put in  a communication system. So now we can talk to each other. They have one on their bike and miss it when they ride ours.  :dance:  :dance:

ArtHeart Kran-Beary's
Thunder Bay ON Canada

hotel-frontenac.jpgThere is a lot to see and do in Montreal. The subway system is amazing, with troubadours around every bend. I believe it is 5 levels deep and connects all the major shoppping malls.  If you love to shop, Montreal is the BEST.

However, for a really stunning sight seeing experience, take a drive down the road to Old Quebec City.  You won't be disappointed.  It is absolutely FABULOUS.  Buildings that are hundreds of years old, amazing restaurants, cobblestone paths, old time candy stores, Artisans alley and so much more.

If you need a place to stay, try the Hotel Frontenac, its one of the most photographed hotels in the world.  At any rate, whatever you choose to do, have a wonderful time!

Murrieta, California

Carolynn,
We travel first class!!
Just giving you a hard time.  bear_grin
But seriously Herbie travels right next to me. Be it in a plane , train or whatever he is a service dog and by law has to remain next to me . Not in cargo. bear_original

Cyndee, so that's how you do it.... I so miss having animals and cant imagine anyone having to go cargo. That is why I am doing without  now. Our cat is living with "Gran".  What about quarantine?

Thank you Nancy. I am not a great shopper, but look forward to the old city. I love taking photos. The company has booked accommodation so not too sure about that. But pleased you said the subway system does work. I saw on the internet, but would rather hear it from someone. I use the metro a lot in Lyon when we are in France and that works very well. My Husband's company is based there so we go at least twice a year. One thing I have a huge passion for is local textiles, museums, specially ones that portray normal life. Specially love old kitchens.

I have the whole week of the conference to explore alone, gosh I wish one of you was with me

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

I'm an x-Montrealer and still have family there - we now live about 2-1/2 hours away. It's a nice city, especially if you speak some French!

Marion

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Yep, just pop in we'll have a cuppa and then nip on over to Canada, and not forgetting to swing by for Cyndee and Herbie.  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  tell me when and I'll get the kettle on.  bear_grin  bear_grin

Happy hugs, Jane.  bear_thumb  bear_innocent  bear_thumb

Angela Angela's Bear Garden
St. Catharines, Ontario

I live in Ontario, and I've never been to Montreal. It would be about a 7 hour drive for me. I hear it is a beautiful city, rich with history. I hear there are loads of great places to eat, and lots of sightseeing/ photo opportunities, museums, art galleries, etc. In October you can expect the days to be nice, but the nights will be cold. I don't think you will find any bonfires in the city though!
You will most certainly get around much easier if you can speak some french. Most Quebecers can speak some english, but they prefer to speak french.
I'm sure you will find lots to do. You may find a week isn't long enough!

pandamac 'EmBears
Northern New York State
Website

just sent you a PM.................

Murrieta, California

Carolynn,
They are exempt from quarantine but do have to get vet checks here and a ton of paperwork has to be filled out ahead of time by myself and the vet too. Because of the Service Dog status many such as myself can not be without them. Now with that said, that was what I was told by my vet. I have never traveled out side of the U.S. bear_original
Unfortunately I'm not healthy enough to do that. At Least for now. bear_original

Melisa Nichols Melisa's Bears
Hazelton, BC
Website

Wish I could give you some travel advice, but I've never been to Montreal.  I'd love to go someday, though - just have to find the time.   bear_grin   I hope you have a great time there!   bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

Gail Bear With Me Enterprises
Website

I second Nancy's advice to see Old Quebec City if you can. It is utterly charming. Have a good time and enjoy our wonderful country
Hugs
Gail :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

kellydean k e l l y d e a n & c o m p a n y
Narrowsburg, New York
Website

this is an amazingly good website for those visiting Montreal - it has all sorts of links & even virtual walking tours. 

http://www.tourisme-montreal.org/

Little Bear Guy Little Bear Guy
Waterloo, Ontario

Montreal is a great city and fairly easy to get around. Majority of the people speak English, we never had any problems communicating with anyone. I think once you get outside of Montreal you will find more people only speak french.  It is a beautiful city and there is so much to do, it will be a little chilly in Oct  bear_grin  ok maybe freezing for you but a little on the cool side for us Canadians.  It's a very easy city to get around, there are lots of things to see and do, I also recommend Old Quebec City it is beautiful and very charming. 

I have only been to Montreal once and it was fantastic,  you will love it .

Enjoy your trip I know you will have a wonderful time.

big hugs

Shane

Ellen thanks for the pm, just getting the dates sorted properly and will let you know.
Kelly Dean, that clip is stunning.
Shane, thanks for that. I love hearing from other people that have been to a place.

Thank you everyone for helping. I am getting excited now. Found a stunning coat pattern online and will get that started soon. Can wear it in Lyon the following month. Feels a bit bizarre to be planning a winter wardrobe living on a tropical island.....

Board footer