Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

binglebears bingle bears
Upstate, NY

DSCN3435small.jpgHi All,

I designed a new pattern for a more vintage-styled bear.  Tad's 8 1/2 tall made from a very sparse golden mohair with dark brown felt paw pads.  Although this photo doesn't show it very much, I added coloring around his eyes, ears, muzzle, and paws--I suppose I didn't color him very intensely. 

He's sitting here on my desk as I type and I guess I have to admit he's pretty cute.  For the last day I've been driving my family a bit crazy with my muttering.  "I should have done..."  "Next time I make this more..."  "I'm not sure I like...."  It's gotten to the point that when I just look at him somewhat peculiarly, the girls imploringly say, "Mom, he's cute!" 

Does any one else get like this?  It seems that I'm always tweaking and changing and adapting patterns.  I notice that some other artists have names for their patterns--I just never seem to get to a "final" one.

Warmly,
Cheryl

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

You're not alone in your tweaking, Cheryl. I guess that's how we get better:)

I really like Tad! Those turned-back "hands" and dark pawpads, especially.

Becky

kynthia Posts: 140

he's very cute!! i like his expression bear_grin

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

I  agree with Becky,  I really like his turned back hands.  He is a really sweet bear.  I am always tweaking the patterns, I don't think I have ever used the exact same pattern twice.
Joanne

bearyfun732 Cutiepie Bears

really sweet bear_original

LisaAP Arcas designs
Website

He is majorly cute!  bear_wub

Regards

Lisa

binglebears bingle bears
Upstate, NY

Thank you all so much for your feedback.  It's especially nice to know that some of you just keep "tweaking" patterns as well!   bear_tongue

Warmly,
Cheryl

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

Really nice design....love the fabric too!!

danceswithteddybears Dances With Teddy Bears
Pacific Northwest

Hi Cheryl
Tad is a real cutie!  I agree with everyone, tweaking is good, and never-ending, as I think it should be.  That's how we grow.  That said, I tweaked my last bear almost out of existence!   bear_wacko
Lovely work, Cheryl!
Big hug  :hug:

Little_Bearries Holt, MI

This guy is adorable, I love his hands and his dainty little footpads :)

I think antique looking bears are just extra bits of adorable. I love the 'loved' look... and what an expression!!!

binglebears bingle bears
Upstate, NY

Thanks, everyone, for your warm words!  It really helps to boost the confidence of this newer bear artist!  And, oh, I hadn't been planning on selling Tad right away, but my neighbor dropped by to chat last Wednesday and she just fell in love with him and thought he would be the perfect gift for her friend.  By now, Tad should be settling in with his new mommy!   :clap: 

Warmly,
Cheryl

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Tad definately appeals a lot to me!
Beautiful design and lovely face! So just be proud of you!

bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

sonblestbears Son Blest Bears
Geetingsville, Indiana
Website

Absolutely wonderful design!  I do the very same thing, drive my family nuts with 'are you sure this looks right'..'maybe I should have done this or that instead'...on and on! And I'm constantly changing patterns, I either design a whole new pattern each time or I will use various pattern pieces from other bears I've made and then tweak them.  It seems I'm never really content, which I think is good because it keeps things new each time  bear_original

binglebears bingle bears
Upstate, NY

Thanks everyone! :hug:  :hug:  :hug:
Cheryl

Board footer