Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Henry2.JPGHenry1.JPGOh,  I  just had to brag about the wonderful new bear I got from Danni this week.

We decided a month or so ago to do a swap, the 1st for both of us.  Well, Henry arrived (after taking the scenic route to get here ! ), and I am in LOVE with him.  I think everyone at the post office kept him to enjoy for awhile.  I can't blame them one bit ! He was so worth waiting for.  He is just so delightfully DELARTFUL  !  Danni is a very talented lady and such a sweetie too.  She used a gorgeous mohair perfect for the autumn season.  His collar is so cute and he weights a ton !

I got to hold him for a minute until my 9yr old. daughter  stole him, ran to the bathroom , locked the door and started to sing to him.  I have since gotten him back, but not without a fight. 

I think this swap thing could become addictive  :redface:

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Tammy,

I know exactly how you feel.  I got mine earlier in the week and I packed her around for quite awhile admiring how wonderful she is.  If I could pack her around in my pocket all day I would...love love love her...but then what's not to love about a bear named "Shantell"...   bear_grin

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Now that you brought this up... I have adopted two bears from danni and they should be here within a week or so!  I cant wait to get them!  I was going to adopt toby but he got too pricey, even though the is lovely! - I cant afford him bear_sad anywho, the gal who is bidding on him is very sweet and has bought two bears from me so he will be among Kim-Bee friends when he gets there bear_original 

Anywho, if anyone would like to swap bears with me at any time, I would LOVE to!  I am currently making Julia's bear but he will be done by next week!

I cant wait to get my danni bears!!! YAY! by the way, danni, are you getting a new website???

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

Kim, I'd love to swap with you any time! :hug:  Julia and I are swapping and Dilu and I for this swap!  Jenn

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Maybe one day someone will want to swap with me...................   bear_ermm   :angel:

I have all these Tammy bears and Danni bears but they aren't mine... they are for shows....  :(
But I can relate... they both make wonderful bears!!

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

Daphne, I would swap with you. Just not before Christmas.  :love:

I love Danni's bears. Perhaps she'll swap with me some day. I'd love to swap with everyone else here too, but first I need to make special bear for Matilda.

Sabine

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I'd love to swap, too, but my bears pay my bills, and I just can't afford to take two or three days to make one that leaves my PG&E bill unpaid as a result.  Does that make me horrible? bear_sad

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

No, Shelli, you arent horrible... If this was my only income, I wouldnt be able to swap either but since it is just a hobby... dont worry, dear, we all understand!  :hug:

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Oh, Shelli, of course not! Don't need you in the dark and starving!

I totally understand! I wouldn't do it very often either! Sometimes it's just the perfect to way to obtain a bear by an artist you really admire... of course that person has to love your bears just as much and have the time to give!!

We still love you!  :hug:

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Welll I have one of Daphne's moosels and I love him.....He wont get packed away after the season's over that's for sure.....he is hanging on my light with one of Judikin's itty bitty knitties!

Daphene I still love waiting for the cats to be stretched out and then ring the bell over them.....I love to see cats levitate!

I still am working on my goal of an artist bear from every artist.....I stopped telling the hubster how many people are here now.....he would hyperventilate.  What I suggested he do for Christmas is check out the sale board and when he finds something contact that person...I really really really really hope he does it!

bear_tongue

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

Daphine, I'd Swap with you in a heartbeat!! :hug: bear_wub  I love your bears!  Just say the word!  Jenn

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_sad I am SO jealous  :mad:

I've only got one Artist Bear, Kim's Jaiden, light of my life, who's actually a great hugger for such a tiny little bruin. I promised a picture. I'll definitely post one as soon as the kids bring my camera back . . . like an idiot, I said 'sure, borrow it anytime'.

I've barely got time to put together my (possibly) sellable bear or two, what with tutoring furiously to help cover athe bills . . . but I'm not going to be able to resist the next swap.

Shelli, those few of you who are making a living, of sorts, by selling bears have nothing to apologize for. You're our models and our shining stars and our heroes!!  :love:

Eileen

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Hi Everyone,

What a wonderful experience it was!  I felt really terrible for Tammy, as the bear she sent me arrived very quickly, however she had to wait over three weeks from when I posted him for him to arrive!  I was sure lil Henry was lost!!!   :o

My bear, that the wonderful Tammy made for me is  Buddy and is really totally adorable!!!!!!!!!! I'm really inlove with this little fellow. He's only slightly taller (he's about 7") than my bears, however is such a chunky bear in comparison!!!!!!  He is nice and weighty also!
buddy.jpg

I thought you'd all love to see him - he's adorable.  Thanks Tammy for being so patient about your bear arriving  :clap:

I agree, swapping could become addictive!
Danni

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Oh I meant to tell you Kim - my webpage is working again, and I was finally able to update it.  Apparently the server that hosts the site has been having people trying to hack into the server, so they keep on having to pull the plug LOL

Hopefully the darn thing will be working again without any problems...
Danni

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Great bears, girls.
I have not made the bear for Ann yet... i have not chosen what mohair to use yet. That is such an important choice to do...

By the way, I may be interested to swap with more people, but later... You see, I have not done many bears so far, and still did not have time to put some for sale out of my try on the French e-Bay with Marron Glacé. So I would like first to sell a few bears to reimburse part of all the money I have invested in teddy bear making. I have been spending so much money these last few months...
I definitely prefer to make bears to give them to people I like instead of selling, but I need some money if I want to keep buying teddy bear making materials and more teddy bears!!!

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Oh thanks for posting your pics girls and sharing your joy with us, they are both gorgeous.  bear_wub

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

harold.jpgYAY! my delartful bears came yesterday!  VERY QUICKLY TOO!!!  I paid for them on Monday, nov 7th and they arrived on the 16th WOOHOO!

I will post a pic tonight or this weekend of the loverly pair!  I adopted Harold and OJay

Harold is adorable but my fav is OJay!  They are so cute! 

Here is a pic of Harold and OJay is, you guessed it, Orange!  A lovely shade of orange

DANNI, I LOVE THEM!!!!  :love:

:hug:

Pipa UK

Aww gorgeous bears girls !!!

Estelle Estelles canal bears and Tod Teddies
Todmorden West Yorkshire

is anyone having trouble with freewebs they seam to have dissapeered i am worried because i have just paid for an up grade

Board footer