Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

pandasmall.jpgThis is my newest design.  He measures just over 2 inches and is made from long pile vintage uv.  I finished him a couple of weeks ago but he has proved impossible to photograph.  This photo is terrible bt I wanted to show you.  His ears look terrible in this photo - they are sewn on properly!    There's a few things I want to change about this design...his forehead is quite wide and his face isn't as cute as I wanted.  Still, conisdering I haven't sewn one this small for ages, I'm pretty happy!

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Melissa... he's precious!  I don't think his forhead is too wide at all!  I think the wide forhead gives them a nice babyish look.... an innocence.
I have a tough time photographing the UV that has a sheen on it like that too!  I wonder if it confuses the camera or something!  Oh, I think he's just perfect!

Beary truly yours,
Kim Basta
Widl Thyme Originals

Pipa UK

AWW i think he is SO SWEET!! i dont think his head is too big either ad i love his innocent looking sweet baby face!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Yeah . . . I think he's wonderful!

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

Melissa!!! He is soooo cute!!! I would'n change his forehead either! Such  bear_wub bear_flower bear_thumb :hug:babish look!!

Great one and soo small!!!

Julia

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Darling!  And actually, one of the appeals of the minis for me IS that fabric (UV) sheen, that "regular" mohair and bear fabrics, for the big guys, just don't have.  So don't knock it, difficult to photograph or not.  It really makes these little ones unique and even easier to identify.

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Mellissa I think his proportions are perfect....he is really adorable....and such a sweet face

bear_tongue

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

Oh, Melissa, he's adorable. I wouldn't change a thing about him! I too think that the wide forehead adds a childish quality to him. Very cute!

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

What a cutieeee ....

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Oooh wow, he is adorable Melissa - I agree with the girls, I like the design!!!!!!!

WHat a cute little button!
Danni

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

I love the proportions too. I think what Kim said is right the wide head gives a baby look. I have'nt done a mini panda in years, its good fun. You've got the bug back, I can tell. More please!!!!!!!

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

Oh, what a sweetheart! His head shape and eye position are perfect for the innocent, baby bear look. I love him!!!

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

He is adorable!!! He does look like a sweet little baby bear. bear_wub

nettie scotland
Website

I think the forehead is fine and he looks innocent.I can only photograph UV in daylight.Often the wee lambs get blown away as it is always windy here.You need enough light to have no flash but not enough for the "lurex" look.

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Melissa, I like this design, I think your too hard on yourself.  bear_original

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

thanks guys...I don't dislike him - it was just in my head he was meant to be roundy looking and cute and he came out like my usual chicken legs and arms.  I want to remake him in some sassy fabric but I'm frantically trying to finish two bears for a competition on Friday morning (it being Monday night here already)  eek I forsee no sleep this week!

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Melissa  :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: he is adorable.

Jane  bear_thumb

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

He is absolutely adorable Melissa. :dance: :dance: bear_flower

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

He's really nice. I really have to try a panda soon!
The fabric you used really looked like Sassy.

Marion

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

very very cute little cub! :rose:nice job.

kathy

Board footer