Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

shanook Posts: 9

Hi all.
I'm new here and I have been having a look at all the work you ladies have done and I'm AMAZED!.
bear_wub

I have never seen such nice work........
I'm feeling slightly out of place as I'm new to bear working and try as I might mine just look :mad:

what are the best tips you can give me to help
ie

whats the best mohair to use
eyes
etc

I have just completed a bear but some things are best not shown heeeeeeeeee
hugs
angie

lovenshire Love and Cuddle Nursery
Missouri
Website

bear_grin  Oh glad to meet other newbies...I have made one bear so far...in my avitar and am working on my second one.  I have made lots of cloth sculpture dolls but somehow haven't made teddies.  I would love to see your bear.  Yes, I was intimidated by all the beautiful bears here and the talented artist but they are so nice and very helpful.  So, don't be afraid to share your bear!

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Hi Angie, welcome to Teddy Talk  :hug:   

Don't feel out of place -Just remember, we all started at the same place with our first bear so please do share.   We are here to encourage each other.   You will find a ton of helpful tips on every topic possible in the library section .  Just look for the drop down menu at the start of  this topic , below the 2 banner ads.  Look for the little waving smiley guy.

Happy reading !

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

I'd agree, just jump straight in there. I like most people bought a pattern and a bear making book. Tweak then tweak again. Keep practising and concentrate on one thing at a time, getting  the eyes right is a big one. I'd visit the library on here, its a fab place to start. Good luck!

binglebears bingle bears
Upstate, NY

Welcome, Angie! :hug:  I also agree with the advice you've been given--check out the library...it's a treasure trove!
Cheryl

amber Honey Valley Bears
Toronto

Welcome Angie

Never be afraid to show off your bear, each one has it's own personality.  And it doesn't matter what it looks like as long as it was made with love.  Be proud of your bears. We all started in the same place.  I didn't think my first bear was any good either.  I started inproving and got better, I started doing teddy bear shows.  I never thought my first bear was good enough to sell, so I didn't sell her.  I was going to keep her.  But then I met a lady who loved my first bears character, she thought all the little imprefections made her special.  The lady was having a really rough time in her life at the moment.  She actually worked at one of the bear shows.  When the show was over I took her the bear and knew that she would take it home and love it.  That it would be special to her.  Every bear you make has a purpose.  Weither it be building your skill or just something that makes you happy.  Never be ashamed to show off your work, you put part of yourself into every bear you make.  Be Proud.

Melisa Nichols Melisa's Bears
Hazelton, BC
Website

Welcome Angie! :hug:

I had a very imperfect first bear...  I loved each one that I made when I started making bears, but looking back, they wouldn't measure up with most of the bears on TT.  But they are still treasured by family members!   bear_grin

I'm looking forward to seeing your bears - I agree with everyone... the important thing is not to give up, but use each bear you create to get closer to the look you want. 

try as I might mine just look bear_angry

I find that by changing the "eyebrow" area on my bears, it makes them happy/sad/whatever emotion I want.... perhaps that is something you can try?  I'm sure you'll find lots of helpful info in the library!   bear_thumb

Hi Ladies
thank you for all your lovely comments bear_wub
I will add a picture
I really need to trim the arms and feet but I am so reluctant to start incase it comes out horrid
ok will try to add picture (bear is 18" and very heavy!)
needs a name as well?

hugs
angie bear_grin
newbear003.jpg

Missouri
Website

bear_grin  I love your bear Angie...

eteddys eTeddys
Phoenix, AZ
Website

Angie,
Great job.  If you want to trim, just go at it slowly and you'll do fine. 

Hugs,
Alison

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

Welcome Angie.  Your bear is wonderful.  I don't think he looks angry.  I'm not even sure that he needs trimmed.  He looks good just the way he is.

Plum Cottage Bears Plum Cottage Bears
Long Beach, CA

Plum Cottage Bears Cute Animal Ambassador

bear_flower Welcome, Angie!  I agree with Millie.  Your bear does not need trimming.  Your bear says he is finished.  And you are right, TT is pure teddy heaven.  bear_flower

hi ladies

well I have started to trim (sorry did not see posts before otherwise might have kept as a hairy bear)

anyway ,I'm pleased so far with the trimming but wow it's much harder than it looks!

I think I have a name for her

TeeTee Garland!

but can I just ask politly ,How do you price your bear?
hugs
angie

Missouri
Website

Click on the libraary and go down to the "pricing".  There is a lot of information there...

Board footer