Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

binglebears bingle bears
Upstate, NY

I'm a bit stunned and don't quite know what to think.  So I'm going to present my dilema to you guys so that I might keep things in perspective.

Okay, here goes, I received an email yesterday from a woman who wanted to buy Alfie (she did and Alfie is on his way).  Apparently she had tried to contact me through Bear Pile several times without any response--I never received an email (not in my spam folder or at the ISP either).  She was determined so she found my email through my blog and contacted me directly.

So that transaction went fine because she was so determined and didn't think that I was ignoring her or being rude.  Well, I tried emailing myself through Bear Pile from my husband's computer.  Nothing.  I never received ANY thing ANY where. 

So I emailed the person who runs Bear Pile and his response was:
"Road runner, yahoo , comcast and Cox often block our messages, so that is what is happening here.  The funny part is none of them will admit they are doing this. But they are. If you change your email to hotmail or gmail it willl come through."

WHAT?!  I've been paying for this service for months and I never knew this was a problem.  Am I wrong in thinking that this should have been announced somewhere?  It seems like if he knows that Bear Pile won't get through to people with these emails, he should inform them or try to fix it.

I'm absolutely stunned!  I don't want to have another email address.  I don't know if Bear Pile is worth it.  I'm not angry yet, but I feel like perhaps I should be.  I just feel stunned and confused.

Thanks for listening,
Cheryl

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

It does sound like they should be doing something about this, those are not uncommon ISPs, or internet mail providers, and if many are blocking them then it sounds like BearPile's problem, not the multitude of mail servers  (sorry, I work in IT as a tester, I HATE when people use excuses not to fix things)

eteddys eTeddys
Phoenix, AZ
Website

This is NOT Bear Pile's fault.  The problem is with your service provider.  It is your responsibility to contact your service provider and get the problem corrected.  They provide YOU with a service, not Bear Pile so he has clout with them.  Call and ask that Bear Pile be put on the "white list."  The first idiot you talk to won't know what you're talking about.  You need to keep asking for a supervisor until you get far enough up the food chain to get someone who is savvy.  If they do not put Bear Pile on the white list, they are giving you crappy service and you should no longer use them.  I run all of my email through my website because Cox is famous for blocking everything under the sun.  AOL is the absolute worst, we call that AO-smeLL around here.  Good luck!

Hugs,
Alison

binglebears bingle bears
Upstate, NY

Thanks Katy and Alison!  It's clear to me that if I want to use Bear Pile, I'm going to have to get a new email address just for Bear Pile usage.  I'm going to have to think about that.  I don't want to get another email address and start receiving all the junk one can receive.

I've never had any problems with Road Runner or with Comcast when we used that in the past.  We have never received the spam that many people complain about--I'm thankful for that because I don't have to worry about what the girls receive or see in our emails.

Thanks again!
Cheryl

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

Hi Cheryl,  I have hotmail.  I never had any problems with junk mail till I joined facebook, now I have plenty.
Joanne

puca bears puca bears

Hi Cheryl
even if it IS the service provider's problem, it would have been nice if Bear Pile had alerted everyone to the problem..........hope you can get it sorted
huggies
Maria

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Hi, yes I just tested mine also and it did not come to my comcast address, so I'm listed now with my hotmail address...............yes I agree...... wish someone would have told me sooner, I had NO idea I was not getting any email from bearpile..............is this not stated anywhere on the bearpile site???? If not ..........how was anyone suppose to know????

Melisa Nichols Melisa's Bears
Hazelton, BC
Website

I don't use bearpile... just haven't gotten around to looking at it...  but I would be upset too.  I would be worried about how many potential customers weren't persistent enough.  It wouldn't be that difficult for bearpile to have this info on their sign up page so that people would be aware.  Also, most sites have a automatic email that comes to you after you join them - they could include that info in the email.  There are lots of ways to let people know and this would prevent this sort of problem.

eteddys eTeddys
Phoenix, AZ
Website

Cheryl,
You don't have to use a different email address.  Just be diligent with your current provider.   My husband had to get eTeddys on the "white list" on his parents provider.  It can be done.  You just have to make them do it.  You pay for their service and they should accommodate.   Like I said before, if they don't put bear pile on the white list, switch providers.

Hugs,
Alison

karenaus Melbourne
Website

GMail is really good at spam filtering, plus if you have a generic address, hotmail gmail yahoo etc- you dont have to worry about your email address changing if you change ISPs.....

Board footer