Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

ABRACADABRA Posts: 10

Hi everyone

My name is Marsha Davison and although I have been a member of Teddy Talk for some time, I have never really introduced myself so here goes:
My partner, Malcolm and I, have been running Abracadabra Teddy Bears, a shop and website business, for just over 9 years.  I have a passion for artist bears which I collect and I visit Teddy Talk from time to time to see what's new in the bear making world.  Some Teddy Talk members know me well, some of their beautiful bears will be on sale in our shop as artist bears are our speciality alongside well known brands and soft toys for babes and young children as well.

However, the purpose of my post is not to promote the business but to ask you to have a look at the auction we are currently running to raise funds for the Animals Asia Foundation's work with Moon Bear rescue in China & Vietnam.  You will find the auction on our website: www.abracadabra-teddies.com then follow the links to the auction galleries.  There are 6 galleries with over 100 lots of teddy bears of all kinds; artist bears, Steiff animals, Charlie Bears, soft toys, bearabilia etc etc - all donated by collectors and companies. 

We have been holding auctions for 6 years now and have raised over £34,000 for AAF.  We do not take any fee for the arrangement and admin - all winning bids are transferred to Animals Asia. 

Fund raising has been very tough for charities this year and animal charities suffer more than most so AAF really need our help and support to continue with their work to rescue these beautiful bears from the dreadful lives they are forced to live on the bear farms.  For those of you who aren't familiar with the charity's work in Asia, you can read more about what they do at www.animalsasia.org.

Many thanks in advance and wishing you all a wonderful Christmas.

Marsha

puca bears puca bears

Great bears, Marsha........and it's so nice to see the companies donating too! I hope that the auction raises LOTS for the poor Moon bears
huggies
Maria

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

Hi Marsha,

I had a look (well several looks) at the bears on auction and there are plenty of gorgeous bears and critters to put a bid on.
It's a wonderful idea to do this for the Animal Asia Foundation and I certainly hope you will raise lots of money.

I might just venture a bid myself ...  bear_whistle

Hugs,  :hug:

Peter

pandamac 'EmBears
Northern New York State
Website

Glad to see the auction up and running.....and doubly glad that Franzi has bids on her, it's great to know she will get adopted and go to a good home.

Thanks for doing this Marsha.......may have a go at bidding on something myself.

Ellen

Maria, Peter and Ellen - thank you so much for your comments and good wishes for the auction.  I am very happy with the response so far, especially as it is so close to Christmas now.  I know that lots of people have been looking at the auction so I hope that they will be tempted to place a bid.  It doesn't have to be a great deal of money, every little bid adds another jar of honey or pot of raisins for the bears.

Have a great weekend,
Marsha

Bumpkin Bears Bumpkin Bears
Antwerp, Belgium

Hi Marsha, I sold a Bear earlier this year to help raise funds for the Moon Bears,  they really need all of our help, so thank you to you too for organising this auction.  Wishing you lot of luck.
Big Hugs
Catherine xx

With just a few more days to go before the end of the auction, I would like to say a big thank you to all the T-T-ers who have placed bids in the auction and helped bring the total pledged so far to an amazing £6,276.  Many thanks also to those of you who donated bears (you know who you are). 

If you haven't yet had a look, you can view all auction lots by visiting our website: www.abracadabra-teddies.com then follow the links to the auction galleries.  There are some lots without any bids at the moment and I have put their photos on our Bearblog page.  I am hoping some kind souls will take pity on them  bear_original

Marsha
Abracadabra Teddy Bears

Board footer