Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

baby-030.jpgbaby-048.jpgtimmy3.jpgHI All.

This little feller hasd been sitting aroung for a while waiting to have his piccies taken.
I wanted to produce a cheeky toddler bear so had to design a head that had slightly different proportions to my usual style - the body was'nt too difficult to change but the head!!! what a nightmare heads are????

Anyway here he is, Timmy the Toddler and what a little handful he is  bear_shocked Anyone who has had a toddler around the house will know what i mean

bear_shocked  bear_sad  bear_cry  :wacko:

Let me know what you think girls - i always appreciate your comments

Penny  :hug:

P.S. Timmy is 10" high, has a comfort blanket and a little blanky bear which he likes to take to bed with him - WHEN he sleeps that is!!!

Bumpkin Bears Bumpkin Bears
Antwerp, Belgium

Oh bless him - he is sooo cute - I love the mohair too - great job - good luck trying to look after him!!

Hugs
catherine

I forgot to say that this mohair i've used is the same as psichicks 'Sleepy Bear' - just how different do they look though?

Penny  :hug:

Deb Upstate New York

omg, he's adorable!  Is that mohair that stuff with the strings?  i like that!

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Penny! What a sweet little gaffer! He is gorgeous and looks like he is confident that he will find his Mommy! I love him! Great job!

Many Hugs Louise

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

What a cutie, Penny . . . I LOVE him!!  His new mommy will adore him, too, I'm sure!!  Well done, my friend!   :clap:  :clap:

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Timmy is a cutie Penny. Well done.  :clap:

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

What a cutie pie!

Jane  bear_original

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

I love Timmy in his diaper.  Such a wonderful and fun idea  ! Very cute  !

Dilu Posts: 8,574

PenPen

You nailed it!  He is adorable......the eye size is perfect.....the stance is perfect....the body is perfect too- that funny not quite all together clumsy look that toddelkins have....and the head size in purportion to the body, is excellant.

I especially like the head shape.....like he hasn't quite grown into it, and yet we all know it is going to get bigger tooo....love his muzzel....its the best!

:hug:

Wonks

Jare Hares & Bears Jare Hares & Bears
Polo, IL

Penny,
What a great look! You have catured it. Like Dilu said the proportions are right on!:thumbsup:
I don't know... if I saw him at a bear show I might not be able to walk away from him. :love:
Bravo  :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Polo, IL

I forgot to ask... That is the mohair with the black strings, right? It looks fabulous!

Pipa UK

Oh he is such a cheeky chappie !! bear_original

Well! thank you all sooo much for the lovely comments  :hug:

I did struggle a bit getting the proportions right for this little feller but it seems that i got there in the end!

Yes, Jared this is the mohair with black strings. I was a bit iffy about using it as seemed to have quite a modern look to it but once it gets made up it manages to look quite 'old' if you know what i mean?
I would recommend pulling the black threads from the trimmed nose area though as they leave long black stripes if left and makes the nose/mouth look odd.

Thank you all very much - Timmy is off to his new home in the USA today

Penny  bear_flower

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

SERIOUSLY CUTE AND FANTASTIC PICS. You dont often see bear toddlers bear_wub So Cute

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Penny, He can toddle over to my house any day!  Great bear.  Love the diaper.

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Penny, he is soooooooo adorable, charming  !!! the diaper is so cute too.  bear_wub bear_wub

Polo, IL

Penny, I have used it and sometimes you can leave the black strings and other times it is just better to pluck them out. Most of the time it is better to pluck them out.

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

Penny, Do you have todders at home?  I couldn't help but laugh at your discription!

No Jenn, i don't have toddlers at home - my hubbie falls over a bit though when he's had a bit too much 'fire water' but that's as close as i get nowadays - thank goodness!  :lol:

My grandson is almost walking so i shall have to dig out all those cupboard locks - move EVERYTHING at least 3 feet from floor level - erect stair gates and give the cats protective armour now i suppose
bear_laugh  bear_tongue  :rolleyes:

Penny  bear_wub

Polo, IL

I have to send my cats out of the room.
Zippy likes to play with MaeLynn and sometimes he gets a bit rough. Teddy on the other hand beats feet out of the room if she makes a be line for him.

HA HA HA!

Poor old cats Jared, they do suffer at the hands of kids don't they?  :o

Mine are too old to retaliate   :D

Penny  bear_rolleyes

Board footer