Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

SpencerFacej.jpgI've been working my way to this design for a while now. I can see the slow evolution in some of the newer designs I've done leading up to this guy. He's been in my head for a long time and I'm now 95% happy with how he turned out. Just one or two more little tweaks of the pattern and he'll be perfect.

Spencer is 10" tall and made with one of my favorite mohair colors... apricot with a brown back.
He'll be available for adoption at the New England Teddy Bear Gathering on April 18th.

SpencerWeb.png

Thanks for having a look!

lovenshire Love and Cuddle Nursery
Missouri
Website

He's beautiful...I've been afraid to try the apricot because I thought it might be too orange but yours is perfect.  May I ask where you bought it?

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Aww, he's gorgeous, love his wee face!

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Lenora,
That mohair is made by Schulte. I call it apricot but it's actually "maple". I got it a few years ago from Edinburgh. They don't currently have it but I just found it on Gerry's website. They are in Australia. I've never ordered from them but I know many here in the US who have. Shipping might be costly. Anyway, here's the link: http://www.gerrys.com.au/product.php?pr … 234&page=2 Lots of other great fabrics on there that we can get in the US too!

Intercal might have something similar made by Helmbold. You could check their website too.

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

I really like those rich brown paw pads and the way the arms angle (?) inward toward each other.

He's a cutie!

Becky

Rich1988 aRTy Bears
Burton, Staffs

Oh I really like him. You can still tell he's one of yours too. I like that tight little scissor work on the face with the eyes close together. And gorgeous fabric.

Richard
x

honusms Fort Worth, Texas

Cute as can be!  :clap:  What a sweet expression!  I, too, like the rich contrast with the paw pads.  bear_original

Sue

BequestBears Butterfly Bequest
Website

Oh Daphne I really like him.  What an adorable face!  bear_wub
Diana

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

awww, he is so sweet Daphne  bear_wub  Don't ya love the tweaking process bear_happy  The colour is lovely too!

lovenshire Love and Cuddle Nursery
Missouri
Website

Thank you for the information...I bought some...can't wait to get it!

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Thank you for the compliments, every one. I'm so glad you like him. I'm working on another one today!

Lenora, after finding the link to Gerry's for you I ended up placing an order.... a big one. LOL! I need mohair like I need a hole in the head!  :doh:  But some of the colors looked so yummy, I couldn't help myself!

New Avenue Crew New Avenue Crew by Debora Hoffmann
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Website

What a cutie he is, Daphne! bear_wub And now you're saying there will be more tweaks...I'm eager to see the next iteration! bear_thumb

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Thanks, Deb! New, bigger version is almost done!

Good Juju Bears and Dolls Good Juju Bears and Dolls
From Spain and live in Germany

I like your new desing. Lovely bear  bear_wub And this fabric is fantastic  bear_thumb

Theodore B. Bear Posts: 114

bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower                 Great Bear !!!                  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower

Sarah Sarian Miniature Bears
South Wales

He's lovely  bear_original  bear_wub .  I really like his big head and the little face - looks very cute and gives him a childlike look. bear_original  bear_original   I can't see where he would need tweaking....?

Vicki Posts: 99

Oh how absolutely adorable Spencer is!!  I just love his coloring...and what a sweet face!!  So talented!  bear_wub

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

Love him Daphne.  I love how you have trimmed his face and the shape of his head.  A wonderful bear
Joanne

Board footer