Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Ok, a while back we got talking about bows and how to tie them. WAAAAAAY back then I said I'd do a photo tutorial but never got to it. Well, I was taking pictures of a set screw assembly for a tutorial so figured I'd better just do the bow thing while I was at it!

I was wishing I had 3 hands..... or a tripod and easy to use timer on my camera. At any rate.........

Here is a link to the bow tying tutorial. It's on my website as I teach workshops and my students are always asking. Please let me know if it's not clear or you have any other thoughts. I honestly didn't spend a whole lot of time on it but it's one of thsoe things I want to get crossed off my list before the holiday hit hard!

http://www.backroadbears.com/bows.htm  (April 22, 2010: This link works again!)

Thanks!

Daphne

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Awesome, and it's printing out, even as I type... ;)

THANK YOU, DAPHNE!  :hug:

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Actually, Shelli, I was wishing I was in your photo closet taking my pictures!!!  bear_happy  :D

For those who didn't see the pictures Shelli posted of her work room and photography booth... it's something to envy! She's so organized and has everything set up so well!  bear_thumb

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Ooooh Daphne - what a great tutorial!  Thankyou!

Also, what a gorgeous bear - what a cutie he is!
Danni

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

And for those who are nosey like myself and wanted to see Shelli's workspace and photo closet....here's the link...2nd page about 1/2 way through. 

http://www.teddy-talk.com/viewtopic.php?id=501

Awesome Shelli...!!!   Perhaps I should move everything out of my walk in closet and turn it into a photo studio....oops...can't do that...where would I put my 30 odd pairs of shoes.

Actually everyone who posted photo's has a very nice set up.

Thanks Daphne...you're awesome!!!

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Oh, good, you found the thread, Shantell. I'm not good at sifting through old threads.... no patience!  bear_wacko

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Daphne, you have such a lovely website!   :clap: :clap:

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_flower :hug: Thanks, Daphne!  :hug:

What a great tutorial. As you can see from my avatar, I tied the teddy's bow pretty much the same way as I tie my shoes! No more. I'm cured!

Eileen

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Paula, Thank you!!

Eileen, That bow looks fine!!

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Again, thank you Daphine. I'm horrible and making bows.
Can I use this same technique on ribbon??
You are the best!

Heather

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Heather,
You can use this same technique with ribbon, shoe laces or apron strings!  bear_laugh :thumbsup:
Hugs,
Daphne

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

:pray: :clap: Oh goodie!!!!  :clap: :pray: Thank you, thank you, thank you so MUCH for posting this!!! 

I'm another one who ties bows just like I do my shoe laces, and for the life of me, couldn't figure out a better way.  Well, I did try making two loops and knotting those.  The end result was eventually very nice, but I felt like I needed 4 more hands to master the technique!   :whistle:

This looks so much simpler, and the results are fantastic.  Such a cute ted, and ever so patient for modelling...

Also thought it was fascinating to peek into Shelli's photo closet, and snoop around some of the bear making offices ...wow!!! bear_shocked I'm inspired!   bear_ermm I'll have to go relook over my room and see if I can become a bit more organized.  Shameless really, but ever since we moved and I lost my favorite desk, I've been so higgledy piggledy.

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Thanks Daphne, :clap: :clap: :clap: great web site

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Daphne, I read your tutorial last week and then found myself one morning while making the bed, stopping to retie my bows on the comforter. So thankyou for making lovely looking bows for my bedroom bear_grin bear_grin bear_flower   Matilda

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

You girls are great!! Thanks for the warm fuzzies!

I'm glad you are finding this method easy.

I learned it while working at a florist. Actually learned 101 ways to tie a bow but only remember about 5!!  :doh:

The bear "Titus" thanks you for the compliments. He was one of my first 15 or so bears I ever made. My second original pattern. Funny how, hundreds of bears later, he's still one of everyone's favorites!

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Oh no!  I remembered Daphne's great bow tying tutorial from almost five years ago, ploughed through a zillion old threads to find it and ... the link no longer works!  Trust me always to be way too late for the party! bear_tongue   bear_sad

lovenshire Love and Cuddle Nursery
Missouri
Website

I wanna see!  Boo...everytime I click on the link all I get is "page removed"???

joibear Tickled Pink Bears
Durango, Colorado

Boo Hoo, I can't get to the page either....It says the page cannot be found.   Please help, I've been thinking about finding tuts about bow tying and was so excited the see the thread title.  But, can't get the page....   bear_cry

Fairybear Wagga Wagga

Me too please!

Sandra Heartbeat Bears New Zealand
Gisborne

Oh dear I am another that cannot bring up the page however hard I try
What can I do please
Hugs
Helen

Gail Bear With Me Enterprises
Website

I have the pictures saved of how Daphne ties a bow but can't figure out how to get it to TT- any suggestions? I have tried to copy and paste using select all but that doesn't work Just looking at the pictures will show you how to tie the bow
Hugs
Gail :doh:  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Gail, if you click on 'Post reply' in the bottom you will get the option to add an image like if you were posting a new one for sale.  Then edit and repeat as required for all the pics  bear_original

lovenshire Love and Cuddle Nursery
Missouri
Website

Where are you Daphne?  We wanna see.......... bear_grin

Gail Bear With Me Enterprises
Website

Hi Katy
This doesn't work as the pictures are in their own file and not with all my other pictures Maybe when Daphne returns from her show in New Hampshire which is this weekend she will re-post the tutorial
Hugs
Gail :doh:  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Um, yeah, that was more than 5 years ago... my website has had many updates since then.  bear_happy
I have the pictures on file and will rewrite the instructions.... in a day or two.... just got home from a 2 day event I've spent the last 4 months planning.... I'm exhausted to say the least!!

Paula....... sorry! Thanks for your patience! :hug:

Board footer