Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Fallenrose near Cologne

Hello^^

I plan to make a plush meerkat as a birthday present for my mother, but have no idea how to start it.

Is there anybody who did one already and could give me some hints on how to make the pattern. I think, the Legs should be firmly attached because meerkats stand most of the time, would you include them into the body pattern or make them like you would make a normal bear's legs and then just sew them on? And what could I do to achieve the look of the color of the meerkats fur?

Lots of questions, I know, but I hope that somebody can show me the right direction.

Hugs, Fallenrose

Fallenrose near Cologne

Thanks for the links, but I wanted to try to make a pattern by myself^^

Netty Wassenaar

If you want to make a meerkat I'd start by taking / finding loads of picture to inspire you, use these to get the proportions and shape of the meerkat.
For the fur try using a colour which matches the main colour of the meerkat fur and then add colour by using paints or Copic pens (build up the colour slowly with the paint you only need a tiny amount on the brush)
To get him to stand, try use bolt and locknut joints these can be tightend really firmly, should make him able to stand up.
Goodluck

-xxx-
Annette

teeeej Brisbane

For the legs all you need to use is nuts and bolts. You can get a nice tight joint with them and your meerkat should have no problems standing. Try adding a bit of steel shot for weight in the feet as well.

I agree with checking out loads of photos of meerkats in order to create your pattern.

----
Therese

Gail Bear With Me Enterprises
Website

Hi Fallen Rose
You might want to have a look at this site- hope it helps you

http://friedmanarchives.com/cgi-bin/sea … ms=Meerkat

Hugs
Gail

Fallenrose near Cologne

Thanks for the suggestions  bear_grin
I started to collect pictures of Meerkats and will try to create a pattern from them.

wish me luck!

Fallenrose

Board footer