Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

NancyAndFriends Posts: 1,153

Now that I have your full attention.... :D

I want to change my ebay Id.  I hate the one I have, it was made a few years ago when I was going to do fairies...WAIT...when I was going to make fairies....WAIT...what do I want to say? this isn't coming our right!

Anyway I was thinking of:  Nancy'sCottage.  because I am making so many different things.
What do you think and do you have any 'greater' ideas?
I am open for any suggestions at this particular time.

Nanc......

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

It's not too personal at all.  What, exactly, are you making, in addition to bears?  That might help!

Shelli, I am making bears of course, yorkies...faeries and sculpting miniature replicas of antique dolls.
I would also like to introduce my handmade jewelry...being made of fine silver and gold.  So that makes quite a diverse grouping.
Nanc.....

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Nanc...do people know you as a seller on ebay?  I would consider that if deciding to change your name. 

I wanted to change my seller ID from tbearpicnic to luxembears but everyone already knows me as the tbearpicnic, so I just left it alone.

You, of course, have to do what you think is best.

I know what you are saying Judi and that is very good advice...but a friend of mine, Janice Woodard of Boohbears changed hers and she did it by listing it in her auctions that she would be changing it to such and such.
That way they got familar with it before the actual change.
I really don't think I am all that well known. 
Thank you for the advice...now watch, I will change it and my bidding will drop!
Nanc..
Am I right in thinking that if you change your id...ebay will forward them to the new id for 30 days?

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

I believe you're right, Nanc.

Also, I'm so envious that you know Janice.  I watch her auctions all the time; she makes very beautiful and truly sweet, sweet cubs (and other critters, too, actually, all of which sell for wonderful prices.)  Tell her about TEDDY TALK and send her our way.  Is she up for the challenge???

Shelli...Janice is one of the sweetest ladies and you are right, she would wonderful in this group.
I will write her and suggest it.
She suffers from MS, so we shall see.
I met her a few years ago...I made a miniature bear and crocheted this darling little outfit for it.  Janice contacted me and asked me if I would consider crocheting her a little outfit.  I was happy to but I was concerned that what I made her would not fit her bear.  She wrote and said, you crochet the outfit and I will make the bear to fit it.  It did extremely well!!!
nanc...

Just Us Bears Just Us Bears
Australia

Nance,
I'm no ebay expert, but I would imagine that if you were to change your id, you would lose all your feedback rating too and have to start from scratch. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Okay.  Hayley, you're wrong. Your feedback will follow to your new name if you simply rename yourself.  If you create a NEW name, that's where you lose your feedback.

Now, somebody correct me if I'M wrong.

Mwaa!!!  ---> (that's Southern California, UCLA, 80's-era, ex-cheerleader, sorority girl speak; a kind of "kiss kiss" sound)

sockerplinga Sundsvall
Website

I think you are pretty well Shelli! Feedback follows the name...
I know a girl who changes her name on ebay, and I have bought some stuff from her (within the past 6 months I think), and then she got a little thingy beside her name, and when I clicked on it, it stood something about her changing name..

Nancy, if you want to change, then change! After all, its your decicion, and if it makes you happy with your new name, rather then the old, then you should change! bear_original

Well...I just want a name that does not set limits on what I am selling anymore.
Something generic, but personal and warm.
yes, your feedback does go with you.  When I was making thread bears (opps, sorry Sue...but Sue and I go way back so I don't think she will send her lawyers after me for using that term bear_original ) one day, I decided to use a different kind of thread...mohair ( you all should know by now that I like 'fluffy') and then took a wire brush to it. Well, the little guy was an instant hit...so I decided to change my name to 'Wooley Bears' because they looked so fuzzy.
Within 2 days I recevied a very sweet email from Pam Wooley (who I had no idea who she was but quickly found out)...asking me politely if I would change my id because it was causing confusion for her customers.
The mistake was clearly mine!  Nancy spelled wooley wrong...:rolleyes:  It should have been woolly.  I wrote Pam back apologizing all over myself and said it would be no problem for me to change it again ... I had to wait 30 days to change it and I changed it to nanc*e*bears.
You can imagine the confusion for my customers! :lol:
After a year I decided I wanted to sculpt fairies ...in the doll world, my original dolls became quite well known and I did extremely well until my precious mother passed away and I never made another doll again (that's another story).  Well the ebayers didn't like my faeries (I don't do [INVALID] and I do not mean that in a malicious way...I just like to put clothes on my creations)...so here I am with a name that does not apply.
There's the story in a nutshell...I just want a happy name that does not designate any particular item.
Put on your thinking caps girls....I need H-E-L-P :mad:
nancy

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

I'm confused.

I've never sold on eBay, but I've bought (and bought, Lord knows). My buyer name is caniphile2. So if I decide to sell, say under the name BairdsBears, my buyer feedback will follow me so long as my REAL name stays the same? Or not?

Eileen

Yes, Eileen...look at it this way.
If you have an existing account and you change your name, everything stays the same...your feedback follows you.  Ebay does put a little image with arrows indicating a switch beside your new name.
If, however you establish a new account, then you start at zero.
I have two different ID's...one I use to buy with and the other I use to sell with.  So each has it's own feedback.

I work a lot with the elderly people and I have encouraged 2 ladies to make miniature bears and I sell them for them on the other ID.  It gives me great pleasure and they are just astounded that they can make money at it.
Too fun!
nanc.......

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

That's a great idea Nancy, to put in your listings that youwill be changing your seller ID.  Hey, can you post some photos of your dolls?  I would love to see them..and your faeries too.  I love faeries (did I spell that right?)

HUGGIES!

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

I make other things besides bears too..like Sculpted Santas ( just started at this) and I make other critters like many artists do.
For 20 years or so my business name was Winney's Little Friends.  I remarried so now my last name is Rock . I really did not want to change my business name as many customers knew me as Winey but it also would be confusing and too long to say " Winney's Little Friend's by Loretta Rock "...didn't sound right, I mean now they will wonder who is Winney if she is Loretta Rock ?
Another problem is, when I started there were few bear makers...now there are tons, doing a  web site search someone already has Little Friends, a mouse maker.
My kids did not want me to change my business name because Winney is cuter sounding for bears than Rock.

OK...What to do ? I finally settled  on " Winney Bears and Friends by Loretta W. Rock. or...for short Winneybears and I go by the nick name of Winney. Whew ! Do you know it took me years to finally settle on this?...Winney

Just Us Bears Just Us Bears
Australia

Winney,
I've always been a bit confused about where "Winney" came from...so you used to be Loretta Winney then??Or am I still confused??:/

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

I used to be Loretta Winney...now I am Loretta Rock.
The name for my business is Winney Bears and Friends by Loretta W. Rock ...  my  bear business nick name I am called  Winney............Winney

Board footer