Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

FocusJeremiah Posts: 2

I did search but didn't really find what i was looking for or any tutorials that were very detailed

Anyways first off Hello everyone I am new to teddy bear making and have been doing quite a bit of research on making bears but as i said no luck finding a way to make my own patterns.

To make this short i would like to try and make a bear or start off making something looking like this. I realize a lot of the patterns i find do not have a rounded snout, and none have one large like this.

naughty_mad3.jpg or this

naughty_sad2.jpg

MadScientwist Posts: 65

I am not a bear expert...but what I did to start is I found a generic bear pattern. I used that to get the general shape of a bear then I modified it by drawing right over it, for example if I wanted a bigger belly I just drew the belly bigger over where it was, or if I wanted different shaped feet I redrew the feet. I liked doing it this way because it gives a starting point...and you don't forget anything. Then you can shrink or blow up the pattern you draw to be the size you want.

Like I said I am new to the bear world myself...but this is what I did and I hope it helps!  bear_grin
~Britt

K Pawz Guest

Welcome! Check out Nancy's courses at the eBearz university, she has a course soley designed to pattern design that you may find useful

www.ebearz.com its in the Faculty of Bears
http://www.kranbearys.com/Ebearz/Bears/Design.htm

A class has just started but you may still be able to register.

hope this helps,
hugs,
Krista

lovenshire Love and Cuddle Nursery
Missouri
Website

I bought a book by Ted Menten...Teddy Bear Studio...that gave me the courage to start designing my own patterns.
It has basic patterns and shows you how to make them any way you want.  Also has a lot of instruction in other areas of bear making.
I would highly recommend it!

FocusJeremiah Posts: 2

Thank you! I actually just ordered and received "The complete bear of teddy-bear making". Which most definitely has helped a lot information wise.

Board footer