Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

PippiLongstockingMrNilssenTT.jpgI have finally completed my gallery piece for TBAI on Aug. 14th. This year's theme is "Children's Classics". I chose "Pippi Longstocking".
I always wanted to be Pippi when I was a kid... no parents to answer to .... strong enough to pick up a horse... and lucky enough to have a monkey for a pet! bear_original

Here is 12 inch Pippi and her monkey, Mr. Nilssen. They'll be available for adoption at TBAI, with total adoption fee going to benefit Ross Park Zoo in Binghamton, NY.

www.TBAI.org

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Hee hee, what fun, great take on the book, such a sweet face, and I love the outfit and the hair, and her wee monkey friend.  I'm sure she'll raise lots of money for the Zoo

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

Daphne, that is a wonderful creation !
How on earth you managed to turn Pippi into a teddy bear, I don't know, but the result is amazing.   :clap:
I love the ginger hair and the dress and the naughty look on her face.  bear_wub

As a boy (a long long time ago) I -of course- didn't like Pippi, because she was so strong and confident and a lot smarter than the boys !   :crackup:

She will be a big succes at TBAI.   bear_thumb

Hugs,

Peter & the bears

LisaAP Arcas designs
Website

Wow, wow and triple wow, what a fabulous piece!! I love her sweet face and hair. Perfect in every way.  bear_wub

Regards

Lisa

Rich1988 aRTy Bears
Burton, Staffs

I agree, brilliant, brilliant, clever work! hehe. So adorable.

Richard
x

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Fantastic work Daphne, I think your piece will do well.

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

I loved Pipi as a child, what a wonderful character.  You have really captured her so well.  The face, the hair, it is all so wonderful.

Joanne

EvaJ EJ's Crafts
Fort Mohave, Arizona

Such an adorable bear and monkey.  You have truly captured the essence of Pippi. :clap:  :clap:

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

I love it!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap: You got every detail right - even a belly button on Mr. Nilssen.

I always wanted to be Pippi, too - I think it was her having that whole house to herself that got me.  bear_original  (And she didn't have to live with my sister.  :crackup: )

Becky

Good Juju Bears and Dolls Good Juju Bears and Dolls
From Spain and live in Germany

Adorable and unique creation!!!  bear_thumb  bear_wub  I love her!!!

JanetB Posts: 112

Pippi is gorgeous!

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Wow! Thanks for all the compliments!!! It's nice to see some Pippi fans (and one who's not)! bear_grin

bear_flower

Gail Bear With Me Enterprises
Website

Hi Daphne
WOW- she is a wonderful creation and I will get to see her in the flesh as I am going to the show. She brought a smile to my face she is so darn cute!!!!
Hugs
Gail :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Thanks, Gail!
Look forward to seeing you!! bear_original

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  Really, Really impressive piece, Daphne!  Lots of imaginative and quality work in Pippi and Mr. Nilssen.

Birgitta's bears Uppsala, Sweden

Wonderful work! :clap:  :clap:  :clap:
She locks excatly like Pippi Långstrump (Longstocking) and herr Nilsson is awesome made! bear_wub

Many hugs
Birgitta
who lives in Pippi Longstockings land Sweden  bear_grin

Thea-MillyMe Milly Me®
Website

Wow I can imagine you loved Pippi. I love these stories myself. They are super!!!! Even now I must admit, I still watch some episodes on TV  bear_grin Simply because this is one of the greatest childrens stories.
I really love your Pippi-bear and Mr. Nilssen. You did apretty good job here  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

valewoodbears Valewood Bears
Yorkshire
Website

Awwww she's wonderful.  Such a character  bear_wub

Pauline

MadScientwist Posts: 65

I loved Pippi when I was little! Such a cute bear! It clearly is pippi!

avateddy Posts: 1,361

Wow She is GREAT  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Board footer