Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

I actually use wax over modge podge.  I felt first then modge podge cause I do like it hard.  Modge Podge over felt almost feels like plastic, it doesn't get really hard.

Joanne

But that is comparing apples to oranges.  I have never sealed a thread nose. It does sound like wax is not what is needed.  It does not get a high gloss finish.  It gets what would be sheen like rubbed leather I think.

Donna Donna's Duin Bruins
Burbank, CA

Be careful using mod podge!  I know of one artist that used it on her bears noses, when wrapped in tissue paper for shipping the heat caused the tissue paper to stick to the mod podge.  The bear had to be returned for a new nose.
Donna

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

Oh yes you are so right!  I used it to make book marks out of fabric.  In the sun the stuck to the pages of the book.  It does stay a little tacky.  If you sand it down though and give it a light coat of paint it takes care of that.  But that also defeats the purpose if you want a shiny nose right?

I also never use it straight from the container.  I dilute it with just a little water.  It takes longer to build up but seems to work better.

Joanne

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

Midge podge has also turned from clear to translucent (milky white in spots) when the weather turned humid. I never used it again, though I might now with wax over it! Thx, Joanne!

gugu"s teddies gugu;s teddies
durban

thankyou ladies i am going t try all the ways for shineing a nose this weekend keep sewing with love Paula

Board footer