Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

mlm Posts: 7

Wondering if anyone can direct me to a faux fur supplier in the LA area. Assuming all of these these fabrics are knit and require specific attention during construction of the bear. Any info will be deeply appreciated!

Donna Donna's Duin Bruins
Burbank, CA

I would like to recommend that you go to the Crossroads doll and bear show in San Diego this weekend.  There will be supplies for making the bears (faux fur) and artists that might be able to help you with your project.

BeauT Bears BeauT Bears
Rotterdam
mlm wrote:

Wondering if anyone can direct me to a faux fur supplier in the LA area. Assuming all of these these fabrics are knit and require specific attention during construction of the bear. Any info will be deeply appreciated!

Hi Donna,
You are assuming that all faux fur fabrics have a knit backing and thus require specific attention. The majority of the better faux furs, however, have woven backing!!! It works a lot better than fur with knit backing  :dance:   So, that would be something for you to pay attention to when purchasing faux fur.
If you don't find suitable faux fur at the show in San Diego, there are a number of faux fur suppliers that have a webshop. But maybe first have a nice day out in San Diego this weekend?  bear_rolleyes

Hugs from Holland,
Marianne

Board footer