Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

I've just downloaded the free version of Google Earth and feel like I'm floating through space!!!  bear_grin I've been visiting our own house, spying on friends and relatives....and taking a peek at the Great Wall of China! If you want to join me on my travels just visit here: http://earth.google.com/ .

It certainly makes you wonder what exactly these satellite photos are needed for. Apart from fancy bits of software, that is....  bear_ermm

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

This is very very scary!

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

You're right Kim...scary is the word. But also quite amazing. We've been trying to work out exactly when some of the photos were taken (the site says it's within the last three years) by checking for building works and so on.  bear_cool

Pipa UK

gawd !! nice to know we're being spied upon by satelite !

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

My husband told me he tried this out at work and could see the skylight in our upstairs bathroom.  Eek!

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

Do you have a 3D card thingy Helena - i don't so have'nt bothered to download the program yet? What IS a 3D thing card anyway?????

Penny - not the brightest bulb on the string of Christmas lights  :redface:

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

I just love Google Earth. I love to see all around the world. Just yesterday I toured Australia and saw many famous landmarks and I found Australia Zoo, the one owned by the famous but crazy Steve Irwin. I found some amazing airports, one in Japan was so good that you could read the numbers on the aircraft.

Jane  bear_flower

Pipa UK

i couldn't downlod it either Penny it said if your computer is more than 4 years old it probably won't work.. mine's about 10+ years old so i have no chance of it working  bear_rolleyes

gotobedbears wrote:

Do you have a 3D card thingy Helena - i don't so have'nt bothered to download the program yet? What IS a 3D thing card anyway?????

Penny - not the brightest bulb on the string of Christmas lights  :redface:

Board footer