Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Pages:
SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

YES!!!!  HOPE everything goes well and that HOPE will be nice to her siblings.  Go, Lily!

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

I'm with you, Sue Ann -- thrilled, and hoping for the best!  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

Becky

Natascha LeftyBears by Natascha Sabo
Remchingen

Can't wait to see her new cub(s), and if Lily should need a babysitter, I would love to do the job!!! :hug:

les ours d'isabelle LES OURS D'ISABELLE
ST JULIEN LES ROSIERS
Website
thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario
Remchingen

Lily just gave birth to two cubs !!!! :bday:

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

Twins for Lily . . . way to go, lady bear!  Hope, be a nice sister!  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

puca bears puca bears

Terrific, isn't it? And I can't believe how GOOD Hope was  bear_wub  bear_wub  But what a traumatic day - BRAVE Jason venturing out to fix the den cam in lethal cold - he's everyone's hero.
And it's Happy Birthday to Hope, today...with the prospect of PLAYMATES in the not too distant future....... :dance:  :dance:
And maybe an early night for me......
huggies
Maria

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

Woohoo, just read the good news !   :dance:  :dance:  :dance:
Hope has two new brothers/sisters. 

I wonder how she will respond to her new siblings?  And I hope that Lily has learnt how to be a proper mom now and not abandon her cubs again.  bear_sad
These are going to be some nervous weeks to come for a lot of people!  bear_wacko

We're sending you all our good vibes, Lily, Hope and the cubs !  bear_flower

Hugs,  :hug:

Peter & the bears

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

Much activity already from the den . . . Hope helping mom clean the screaming cubs, but insisting on having her place at the milk bar.  And we've seen both tiny babies multiple times  today!  That is tremendously amazing!  One cub has a really high sound and the other is about an octave lower - waaay interesting.

Lhearn Critters Creations
Alberta
Website

how do I get the link?

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

YIKES . . . a possibility of THREE cubs!

Remchingen

Just read it on facebook, and Hope is a great older sister, helping Lily with caring for the cubbies.  bear_wub

Barling Bears Barling Bears
Nr. Maidstone, Kent
Website

Aaaww, it has been so exciting!!   bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

I'm a little niffed though because I had been listening in all day to Lily, awaiting developments (well, several days if I am being honest!!).  I went on to a TV channel for about three minutes (big mistake!!) and then suddenly heard Lily doing her wonderful distinctive  "ooh ooh ooh" noises that she used for greeting Hope.  Yes, sure enough I then discovered she had just had her first cub!! Isn't that just typical!!   bear_rolleyes A friend of mine in Canada did virtually the same thing and missed the birth by minutes despite being glued to her monitor for hours!!

I am just wondering about the possibility of there being three cubs  ...  I have just been listening in on the latest round of beautiful squealing while babes were feed and got a good old bath from Lily!!  There just may be three, it did sound possible as there was a lovely motoring sound which certainly wasn't Hope, plus two other little different cries.  Maybe I am just looking for extra noises though!! (wishful thinking ....) bear_thumb

I too was so delighted that Hope has been such a beautiful little character, showing her true wonderful spirit.   bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub I can't help feeling sorry for her though poor love, she has been through such a lot and now has to share Lily's attention.  But there again,  ...   two new playmates for her! bear_flower  bear_flower

It all just makes your heart sing, doesn't it.

Hugs to all, especially Lily and Hope.

Marilyn x bear_flower  bear_flower

Lhearn Critters Creations
Alberta
Website

Thanks SueAnn.

Bumpkin Bears Bumpkin Bears
Antwerp, Belgium

SO exciting!  :dance:  :dance:  bear_wub  I just went to check out the dencam and Lily is fast asleep bear_original 
It was lovely to see Lily & Hope on the BBC show recently,
Hugs
Catherine x

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

Is Hope nursing right now? Lily is actually resting her head on the rim of the den, and then placing it down inside, alongside Hope's which doesn't move away from Lily's chest area. There was even the slightest hint of a reprovable growl directed toward Hope, though she licked her neck, right along with grooming the new cubs, which are out of sight.
This is the first time I've seen & heard every one awake & active!
Ohhh! Everyone just did a whole move around - Lily reached out to build up the lower lip by drawing more straw in. That left the cubs w/o access to their food and warmth, they started screaming. No ministrations from Hope would calm them and for a full minute or two all 4 were in sight.  Hope then lay down with her back covering the front of the den.

While I was typing this, there was some unrest and the cubs were unsettled, everyone got up and I captured a good shot of them again. They look to be somewhere between 6" - 10" but it's difficult to tell from the cramped conditions in the den.

Hope moved to the back, Lily's head is in front again but the wind was surely more blocked when Hope's backside filled the front entrance!
Ooops - everyone's moved around again - the cubs are very unsettled today!!

Mom & 1st Daughter
1a.jpg

Raking in new Straw
2a.jpg

Hope (on the right) has her nose pointing right at one of the cubs.
Lily's head was on the left, trying to get them groomed and settled at the same time:
3a.jpg

One cub crawling up Lily's leg, straight down from her muzzle (it looks a little like a chipmunk!)
4a.jpg

Both cubs here! one looks dark (the chipmunk one) and one light - the one in the side view. It's seen that their eyes are still closed.
8.jpg

Getting settled - I think this is the darker/chipmunk one, as it's 'diving in' in-between Mom's legs to latch on. Those two little feet and the stub of its tail were so cute!
11.jpg

puca bears puca bears

Great screen shots Bobbie! I watched all that earlier - amazing isn't it? It's so nice to see Hope being a really good big Sister to the babies...........
Funny  -we are seeing a lot more of these cubs than we did of Hope at the same stage - maybe Lily is a bit more relaxed about motherhood. She must have nerves of steel tho - those babies are NOISY!
Incidentally, they are much slower to develop than say, puppies or kittens - the eyes don't open till four or five weeks. There's a LOT more den viewing in store, while the dust bunnies multiply.............
huggies
Maria

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

Wow, Bobbie . . . super wonderful shots of the babies!  Thanks so much for sharing!  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Remchingen

Bobbie, thank you soooo much for sharing those screenshots with us!! :hug:
Isn't it amazing to see this happy little family? Anf the cubbies are just so cute  bear_wub

puca bears puca bears

Interesting - despite some peeps seeing up to four cubbies - the researchers can't make out more than two (And I'm inclined to agree).............time will tell!

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

Here's the link to yesterday's cubbie sightings: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u46j3qRWbKc

The Minnesota Twins!  bear_grin

Becky

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

LOL - That's the exact sequence that I was making screen captures in - nice to know that others were recording the same record-keeping moments, though it's definitely clearer to see in a film than in still shots.

puca bears puca bears

In case anyone missed this.....the Ted and Lucky den cam is now up and running............ and those two guys are a delight! Treated us yesterday to an hour or more of slow-mo "wrestling" - Lukcy wanted Ted's bed, and Ted wasn't budging ..............priceless!
huggies

Pages:

Board footer