Laure Fool's Gold Bears
San Luis Obispo, CA

"knuckledragger"  Ha,Ha,Ha,Ha!!! bear_grin:lol::lol::lol:

Kirsten So. Cal.
Website

Penny - You're right on with bugs bunny! bear_cool

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

Hey, lets not diss Bugs. bear_grin He gave me my first exposure to Mozart--remember the Bugs the Barber cartoon? A classic! Steinbeck, eh. Makes perfect sense. I knew I'd read it somewhere . .  . like 40 years ago bear_rolleyes Speaking of knuckledraggers, does anybody remember the cartoon where bugs keeps turning into a gorilla thing, as in Jeckyll and Hyde. That scared me silly.

Apologies, Louise --I read too fast, and thought you were saying George was an adorable girl!! Duh.

Sue Ann--I had a look at the metal swivel joint on Edinburgh--$20 or so, depending on size, yikes. It looks like the doll head joint that I've heard about. I understand that one metal 'bowl' is sewn onto the head through the little holes in its circumference, and one onto the body. But I can't for the life of me figure out how the bowls are then held together.  Anybody understand how this thing works? It seems to me that something similar could be made out of cardboard and glue in several layers.

About the pictures--I'm frustrated enought to gnaw my own left foot off!!! bear_angry I managed to take some trial pics and install the software ok, but for some reason, when I plug the camera (Canon Sureshot A40) into my USB port, and try to download the pictures, my stupid computer won't recognize the camera. I've uninstalled and tried again, but nothing works. I'm totally stumped. Anyway, little George's details will have to wait until my son-in-law gets back Monday and bails me out.

Daphne, I'm a veteran credit-card misplacer. Did you order pizza? Look by the phone. Did you shove it into your pocket? Use it as a bookmark in a catalogue you were ordering from? Wrap a receipt around it and stash it into the wrong compartment of your bag? My next-best trick is spilling all the change out of my bag in public places!!

Eileen

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Oh, Eileen . . . I had the very same problem with trying to download photos to my computer from my camera about two weeks ago.  I'd done it a gazillion times before, but all of a sudden, it wouldn't recognize the camera.  I went to CompUSA twice before we got it figured out.  I re-installed my camera software and that didn't solve the problem.  CUSA tested my USB cord and nothing was wrong with it.  Finally I plugged the USB cord into another port on the computer and that DID solve the problem.  Something had gone wrong with the port I was using and I have no idea what.  If you have an extra USB port on your computer, you might try that.  Good luck! bear_ermm

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

Thanks, SueAnn :D

I tried, but the second port doesn't do it.  I'm totally stumped. The only other thing I can think of is to uninstall the 'toy' camera that came with the computer, and reinstall the Canon again. They might be fighting.

But first I've got to tutor a gazillion kids today . . . I'm tempted to fake my own death, but I just gave in and bought a yard of that lovely string mohair on Intercal !!

Eileen

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Oh, buying mohair and eating chocolate will cure most of my ills.  Sorry you still have the problem - I'm glad mine wasn't that hard to fix!!  Take care . . .

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

Chocolate--THAT's what I need, esp after two hours on A Streetcar Named Desire. Last night I finished off the last of the chockyfudge ice cream, so we're completely out.  Chocolate might even cure cranky computers :rolleyes:

Eileen

staticbear76 Posts: 222

i agree chocolate is the best i have to say george is the best duck i seen it is like a bear duck the best of both worlds and those webbed feets super cool and i love bugs bunny he is awesome and has beautiful bunny feet not as cute as mimzy's feet but jsut as cool.

Board footer