Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Lady Georgina Posts: 10

I see there's a thread currently about the Hugglets show this weekend (gutted I can't make it... it's my birthday weekend too! booo hooo!!!  bear_sad ), but I wondered if anybody knew of any other teddy bear shows in the UK? I'd particularly be interested in any shows that sell supplies/materials/patterns and kits, as well as completed bears, as sometimes it would be nice to see and feel exactly what I'm buying, rather than doing it all over the net.

Any advice people please!?! Thanks !

ThomasAdam Thomas Adam
Southampton
Website
Lady Georgina wrote:

I see there's a thread currently about the Hugglets show this weekend (gutted I can't make it... it's my birthday weekend too! booo hooo!!!  :( ), but I wondered if anybody knew of any other teddy bear shows in the UK? I'd particularly be interested in any shows that sell supplies/materials/patterns and kits, as well as completed bears, as sometimes it would be nice to see and feel exactly what I'm buying, rather than doing it all over the net.

Any advice people please!?! Thanks !

There's a few -- the Hugglets guide (as well as the teddy bear book from Teddy Bears of Witney) lists some throughout the year.  As far as I know, Hugglets is the place to go for mohair, fabrics and other teddy materials.

I might not make Hugglets over the weekend, although I will go to the New Forest teddy bear event this year, as well as the Stratford-upon-Avon teddy bear fair, and the winter Hugglets event.  :)

-- Thomas Adam

peterbear Boechout, Antwerp

Hi Georgina,

As Thomas already suggested, the best thing you do is get a copy of the "UK TEDDY BEAR GUIDE 2011", published by Hugglets.

http://www.hugglets.co.uk/guideindex.php

Teddy_Bear_Guide.jpg

On pages 62 - 64 it lists all the major fairs in the UK and a few European ones as well.
This is my bible for British (and some international as well) bear artists, retailers, website, fairs, etc...
It costs only £ 7,50 (including P&P) for the UK and £ 8,50 for Europe and it is well worth it!  bear_thumb

Hugs,  :hug:

Peter & the bears

Jaina Emo Bears
Dudley, West Mids

Teri, I have one of those guides somewhere if you want one (they sent me two) when I find the other book out for you I'll try and find you one of them. They include tickets for Hugglets - they also run one at the end of the year and the suppliers do go.  bear_thumb

kelly1205 Keli-B Bears
Midlands

As well as hugglets, there is the stratford artist bear event (you can google it i believe) and the yorkshire event, a cornwall event and some more scattered around the UK. If you google these, you should find them bear_original (Hugglets and Stratford are highly reccommended, i havent been to the others but im sure they are great!)
bear_wub the fairs!

xxx

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

If you looks on the suppliers' website it usually says what shows they'll be at which should help.  There's always at least one of them at an event, and often more.

Geralye Belper, Derbyshire

Where are you in the UK?  Let us know and we can probably see what's coming up in your area.

cheers,
G

Thanks for the suggestions! Huge thanks to Julia for the offer of the copy of the mag as well as the other book! Bless your cottons! I owe you a drink or some chincilla stuff honey  bear_original

I live in North Yorkshire, so any local to me would be great! I'll do a google search and see what comes up, but felt I'd prefer to know from the experts!  bear_thumb

valewoodbears Valewood Bears
Yorkshire
Website

Hi Teri

I live in Yorkshire and there is the Leeds fair on the 26th March (Saturday) at Pudsey Civic Hall, there are usually at least 2 suppliers or sometimes 3 there, its a nice friendly fair.  I will be exhibiting there.  It's not that far from you! 

Hugs
Pauline

BeauT Bears BeauT Bears
Rotterdam

Hi there,

Many of you may already know, but to those who don't I just want to tell: the complete Hugglets Teddy Bear Guide is also available to be viewn online or you can download the Guide as PDF.

To do so, just go to http://www.hugglets.co.uk/guideindex.php and click "View online" or "Download pdf edition".

Like Peter I always have a hardcopy of the Guide at hand, but when you don't have one and you need info from the Guide (e.g. about UK bear shows  bear_original ), the online or PDF edition is a very good alternative!

Hugs from Holland,
Marianne

valewoodbears wrote:

Hi Teri

I live in Yorkshire and there is the Leeds fair on the 26th March (Saturday) at Pudsey Civic Hall, there are usually at least 2 suppliers or sometimes 3 there, its a nice friendly fair.  I will be exhibiting there.  It's not that far from you! 

Hugs
Pauline

Thanks Pauline! That's certainly not far from me! Alas, I'm working on the 26th of March! Pooey!  bear_sad

KatieRaeBears Katie Rae Bears
sheffield
Website

The Great Yorkshire Teddy Bear Event,  Hilton Hotel Sheffield, Sunday 20th November

There is a dedicated supplies room and over 50 of the top teddy bear artists bear_thumb

Check out the website www.thegreatyorkshireteddybearevent.co.uk for a full exhibitors list

See you there!!!

Hugs
Katherine x

Dawn J Hugs Unlimited
West Yorkshire
Website

As well as the guide, Teddy Bear Times has a What's On feature every issue.  bear_flower

Board footer