Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

I tuned in about noon, when they seem to be most active - to see the most amazing sight: claws scratching toward the camera.  For several minutes I couldn't figure out what was happening - - - so I took a few screen shots. Then a few muzzles appeared, and a cub paw pushing a muzzle and 2 mouths and several more paw swipes then the claws came toward the camera again.

(Pix aren't Uploading - I'll try in a post to follow.)

I ended up sitting there almost 20 mins; until I was almost late for a class. By that time the cameras had changed and an outdoor shot was panning around the area and ended up on the long PVC tube that extends into the opening of the den and then it just stayed there and there was no more action so I left.

Tonight there is an explanation posted on their site - LOL!! Leave it to the kids!!!

"Hope managed to push the camera far back into the tube. It was fun to watch, but now we have a view of the inside of the tube. Darn!"
9 hours ago ยท

----------

I did see Lily sitting outside yesterday with her back to the camera; Hope was sporadically nursing/facing the camera and the motor-thrumming cubs were out-of-sight but nursing too.
Happy Family! Happy Spring!

1aa.jpg

2bb.jpg

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Got a video from the update tonight.  It's the first of two, recording amazing activity from the den.  It's long but awesome and very much worth viewing all the way to the end.  Some footage of adorable cubs and the funniest 'spat' between Lily/Hope as to who was going to get to play with what.  Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVRiHZKmFm8

puca bears puca bears

It's never a dull moment in the den these days, isn't it? Couldn't believe how quickly Hope managed to gunge up the camera lens, after Lynn had got it sparkly clean..............and yesterday's antics were just priceless. We are just so fortunate to be able to follow this little bear family bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub
huggies
Maria

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

What a perfect view into that den to watch the play.  What a shame that Miss Spoil Sport had to stick her nose in there and wreck it. 

Joanne

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

She's just like a child - Has to play with everything.  bear_laugh

I guess it's a sign of healthy curiosity. (I just love her and the whole bear family, and I hope they live long and prosper. :pray: )

Becky

jissy Posts: 70

Sorry to ask this here but wasn't sure where to ask it. 

Is there a contact# for North American Bear? I ask because I have a few questions about the collared bears.

Thanks

DENBY30 DENBY BEARS
EDISON, NEW JERSEY

bear_wub I was just watching and it was Hope with the two little ones, playing with the baby and chewing it and all different stuff. Couldn't be hurting it as the baby never cried.  Then she got up and left the two little ones by themselves. So cute, what a day they must have.  We are so fortunate to be able to watch this family of bears, it is so fascinating and a learning experience.
Hugs pat bear_flower

Board footer