Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

Oh no - Lynn & crew posted this 2 hours ago:

We wake this morning to a couple inches of fresh snow and an empty den. Is this it? Have Lily and her family really moved on?

TTlily.jpg

No new footprints...

Faith and Jason looked pretty wobbly and unsteady on their feet whenever they ventured out of the den last week, when Lily and Hope were outside. I'm sure they'll be spotted in the area soon. It just looks like miserable day to have left that little cave now! Perhaps they've found something slightly larger though, as it was getting a bit tooooo crowded!

----------

http://www.bear.org/livecams/ted-lucky-cam.html
But here are Ted & Lucky - inside their (leaky) shelter but staying inside, watching the snow melt
("You think I'm going outside in THIS weather? I'm a Guy!!)
Ted-Lucky.jpg
That white stripe is a drop of water streaking past the camera lens.

DENBY30 DENBY BEARS
EDISON, NEW JERSEY

bear_wub I was also wondering if that was an April fools Joke, but that would be plain mean due to the way we worry about that bear family.  I hope they did not go out in that weather, where could they be?
Hugs Pat bear_flower

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

April 1 is when Lily and Hope left their den for good last year, so I'm sad to say it's not a joke.  I just hope they are all okay and will survive in that inhospitable weather.  bear_sad  bear_sad  bear_sad  bear_sad  bear_sad  bear_sad  bear_sad

suburban Chicago

Hmm.. did she have a calendar tacked to that back wall somewhere that we didn't see from the camera angle?? LOL
Amazing that it didn't get knocked down - - - in their tussles.
"April 1 -
Take the kids outside
Find new bigger shelter
Find the local food shops in new neighborhood..."

It's amazing that their biological clock could be that precise.
Mine sure isn't as good as yours, SueAnn, that you can remember that.
A bit of stress right now but I can't remember what I ate yesterday!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

bear_tongue  bear_tongue  Bobbie, I didn't really remember that date all by myself.  Someone on Lily's FB page asked when she and Hope left the den last year and Admin answered.  Nope, my almost 70-year-old brain isn't that impressive.

suburban Chicago

Aw shucks - you didn't have to admit that - you shoulda' let me 'Believe In Miracles' a little longer!!
Remember I'm just a year behind you!!!     bear_original

suburban Chicago

Now... I know it's getting near bedtime, and I've had a very long and stress-filled day, but I know my eyes are not playing tricks on me. This image was NOT there earlier!
LMK if anyone else cam 'imagine' that they cam]n make out these ghost images in that den!

It looks like a nicely rounded head, facing forward, cone-shaped muzzle, lighter nose.., bobbing like it's nodding off to sleep, slumping down towards the chest. Even a littler cubblet over on the right side. (Perhaps a squirrel come to call!)

PIcture one
CubHead1.jpg

Picture two (outlined for effect)
CubHead.jpg

Even could 'imagine' little things set out on a tea table, in front of the cub - cups & things... all ready for visitors.. I'm off to Slumberland now.

Don't call me Pixilated, just tired. but those gray-on-black shapes/shadings ARE there!

http://www.bear.org/livecams/lily-hope-cam.html

Natascha LeftyBears by Natascha Sabo
Remchingen

I saw them, too! I'm glad I'm not the only one!

suburban Chicago

Yeah! They've been spotted in a clump of trees!

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

It would appear that bear-den leases end on April 1. (I'm surprised the bear experts in Minnesota didn't know that already! bear_laugh )

Becky

suburban Chicago

:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

Board footer