Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Robert Csech Posts: 20

Hello, My goal, in my short stories is to help, revive the interest in this Brooklyn couple who created the first teddy bear! After-all, History is the key to the future! In today's world, the original teddy bear story has become a legend! But, as the author, Frank Murphy said in his book "Theodore Roosevelt refusing to shoot that bear, Clifford Berryman's cartoon, and the Michtom's creation of the first teddy bears is based on fact." And, this factual information is what I intend to talk about! These bits and pieces of clues, of information connecting to the original teddy bear are out there in books, old pictures and postcards and on this computer! Just waiting for someone to piece together, like a puzzel. But, don't forget the most improtant ingredient needed and that is, to be patient! The original Teddy Bear has been in hibernation for over a hundred years now, awaiting patiently. Sooner or later, one of these early Teddy's were bound to show up, right! Maybe not. I have a very good feeling about, this year of 2011 and next year, 2012 to be very prosperous years for the Teddy Bear World! With much needed excitement. I realize this subject of mine is a place where very few people dare to go and indepth, research but the answers are out there! People accept what little is known about the Michtom's and leave it at that. The very early years, of the Teddy Bear were filled with much excitement, worldwide. The President, himself realized the charming appeal of this newly created stuffed toy bear and used it in his advantage to win another term in office.

KJ Lyons KJ Lyons Design
Seattle, WA
Website

Hello, Robert ~
'My goal, in my short stories is to help, revive the interest in this Brooklyn couple who created the first teddy bear'
I'm having a hard time understanding what you are saying? Where do you want to go with this? If there are photos of the Michtom bear an experienced teddy bear designer could recreate it. Or are you more interested in the history of the Michtoms?
Karen

Robert Csech Posts: 20

Hello, Karen, My goal is to spread the information, bits and pieces at a time of Morris and Rose Michtom. This information I have compiled together in past years of intence research of them. I am not a writer but I feel the world needs to know this information. This information, I plan to write about is all about the very begining of the Teddy Bear! I do beleive there are people out there that would like to know more about this subject. There are millions of web sites on the internet about Morris Michtom and his first creation that say the same thing over and over, very little information. I plan to take this subject, in-depth and maybe with some feedback from readers, more missing pieces can be found. I am just proud to share what information I have discovered!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I'm sure you're aware of the Steiff contribution to the beginning of the teddy bear, Robert.  Since they came up with a bear about the same as the Michtoms, I consider both sources as creators of the first teddy.  The history is very interesting because it involves two continents!

Board footer