Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

Sadly, I'm afraid that this will fall in the category of If-you-have-to-ask-you-cannot-afford-it, but I would LV to flash this on my wrist!!!

http://inlay-arts.com/2011/11/cartier-a … -bear.html

His artistry is supreme! The selection of wood grain. The shadings! (though I wish the eyes weren't quite so fierce-looking....)

My woodworking DH sent me the link; some of the 'puzzle' pieces are about a whisker's size and I think I'd lose them in one good sneeze.

But I thought you'd all enjoy seeing/reading about his approach to his work and his techniques.

Enjoy! (and I'll send my Chimney address, in case anyone's feeling especially flush [bounteous - for our non-Yank friends] this Christmas Eve!! LOL)

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Wow, that's absolutely amazing!  The bear is a bit more menacing than I would like . . . all bears should be portrayed like Lily, Hope, Faith, June, etc.  bear_original

DENBY30 DENBY BEARS
EDISON, NEW JERSEY

bear_wub Maybe they could make a ladies model with a less menacing bear and a little more diamonds on it.  Great piece tho.  Thanx for sharing, Bears Rule!!!
Hugs Pat bear_flower

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

Yes, I thought that "sapphire' (?) in the winding stem was a nice touch!!
Diamond - good idea....
Perhaps the expression is supposed to be like that - after all, grizzlies are a rather more aggressive species than black bears!

desertmountainbear desertmountainbear
Bloomsburg, PA

Yes, it is masterful.  I would love to see a ladies one done with a black bear.  They are more gentle looking.  I do think this guy looks extra fierce.  Beautiful piece of art.

Joanne

suejennings TeddyBuys
Kent
Website

Amazing work.  Thanks for sharing the link, Bobbie!

busserbears Busser Bears
Elkhart, Indiana

I love grizzly bears and this is perfect!! Grizzly's ARE fierce and I wouldn't want it to look any other way!!  Put me on that list too, but in a woman's size.
hugs,
Leeann

Board footer