Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

asm88 Posts: 2

Is there top end build a bear sites that have proper vintage bears on offer?

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Not to my knowledge.  Do you mean that you want to 'build'/make your own vintage bear?  Also, could you describe what you mean by "proper vintage bear"?
Most build-a-bear places offer ready-made styles that you just stuff.

asm88 Posts: 2

Yeah im sort of looking for a bit off both, a proper looking vintage bear but one you can personalise this http://www.thebearworks.co.uk/ build a bear site is the only one i could find so far.

But also is there decent places to purchase proper vintage bears, im looking for a gift for my sister she's into bears, bears and more bears! Thanks for the help.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Okay  - um - I'm still a little fuzzy about what exactly you want, but will try my best to help.  The following is a link to Build-a-Bear in the US.  http://www.buildabear.com/   I've been in actual brick/mortar stores and searched online over the years and I've never seen any kind of 'vintage' style bear there.
A vintage bear to me is one that resembles the old traditional characteristics that were used 100 years ago when teddies were first being produced.  Is your plan to create the bear online as you can do on the UK link?  There are tons of vintage-type bears on ebay - just search "vintage teddy bears".  Also there are many online shops that carry old style bears.  Our own Teddy Talk forum has a section called "Teddy Bears and Other Friends" that lists bears for sale.  Scroll through there to see if you find something that fits your requirements.  Hope I haven't further confused you . . . just keep asking questions and maybe we can eventually get on the same page.

pandamac 'EmBears
Northern New York State
Website

sent you an email.....Ellen

Board footer