Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

1-1.jpg5-1.jpg4.jpgIn  a few weeks, our grandson's hockey team is participating in an out of country hockey tournament.  We live in Canada and the tournament is in St. Clair Shores, Michigan.  It's quite an accomplishment for 7 and & year olds to be taking part in this International tournament.  That's the good news.

The tournament came as a surprise and it's an extra tournament the parents weren't expecting and it is right after Xmas - that's the bad news.   Some of the parents are really struggling with the costs, so the team is going to try and help out as much as possible.  I'm thinking having a raffle to raise money to help with expenses as well.  I don't want to say anything, until I am sure I have enough interest to make it worthwhile.  I have finished three individual bears for three individual prizes - a 3 inch sailor girl, a 4 1/2 inch Japanese style clown bear and a 6 1/2 inch vintage style bear with a sailor collar and hat.  I'm adding a couple of pictures so you can see them.  So, I'm hoping to sell tickets for $10.00 and I would have to sell a minimum of 75 tickets.  Tickets would be sold up until the the draw, which would be held on January 31st.    If you might be interested in participating in this raffle, please PM me.

Lhearn Critters Creations
Alberta
Website

I have three grandsons in hockey. Age 10 to 5. My daughter is on the go every day and I don't kow how she does it. This is a great idea to help support them.  bear_original  :hug:

Thanks, Linda - it is not only a busy sport, it's darned expensive!!!!

rowarrior The Littlest Thistle
Glasgow

Good luck with the raffle bear_original

dangerbears Dangerbears
Wisconsin
Website

The bears are really lovely. bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub (I decided that the little girl-bear is my favorite. :rose:)

Becky

boohbears Booh Bears
Glendale, Arizona
Website

Love them all!   bear_wub

Thanks so much, Becky and Janice bear_original

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

They are all very sweet, I couldn't choose a favourite, they just look so good together.

Hugs, Jane.

nettie scotland
Website

gorgeous bears and a very kind idea xxxx

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

All three are really cute, Brenda, but think I favor the dark bigger one.  Love those paper hats.

Thanks, everyone!  There is still a week left to purchase tickets for this trio - just PM or email me :o)

Conni Germany

Wonderful bears!!!

boohbears Booh Bears
Glendale, Arizona
Website

Brenda, I wanted to mention that though ice hockey is a very expensive sport, it ended up being worth every penny for my nephew!  He graduated college and wanted nothing more than to be a police officer.  He interviewed all over the country and he was tops on the written tests and the physical tests but he was nervous for the person to person interviews.  What finally landed him a job is the fact that he is an awesome hockey player (playing for years in Michigan) and the police department where he was hired needed a very good hockey player for their team!  So, I guess the moral of the story is, even though it was very expensive for his parents to keep him in hockey, it is what finally landed him the job of his dreams!   You're doing a good thing by helping out!!   bear_original   xoxo,  Janice

Wow, Janice, that's incredible.  I know hockey can open doors for a lot of kids.  It doesn't even have to be for playing - there are kids that end up becoming referees etc.  I also think being part of a team is good for kids.  The hard thing is t he long stretch between when the season ends in April and starts again in October.  If the kids really want to play on the higher level teams, they pretty much have to do extra hockey all summer.  Corson played all last summer and also had semi private lessons.  I figured out what it cost us for a year of his hockey and I was amazed to realize it was $4000.00 for one full year, and that didn't include the cost of any tournaments and he's only just turned 8 years old.  Corson has been to four already this year and will do at least one more.  We are lucky Corson is an only child and there are three salaries going to pay for his hockey.  So many kids are not as lucky  bear_sad

boohbears Booh Bears
Glendale, Arizona
Website

Well, he's very blessed and I suspect he knows it! bear_original
Hugs,
Janice

Board footer